The Reef Tank banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,558 Posts
Jeff, its been years since I've had birds, I remember members here having them and the Birds of a Feather forum started as an off shoot of TRT, I cant remember who started it.
I always loved parrots and was thinking about getting another one but at my age I held off because of the life span. I know its crazy just my thinking after I got sick.

·
Administrator
16,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hack's still finishing up his Saturday night 'Dungeons n Dragons' on-line session with his Friends, so still got time to kill before my Family takes me to the cleaners.

I doubt I was ever a 'great chess player' Vinnie, but I'd say I was competitive.......in an amateurish sorta way.
But I got to play it most of my life.......my Mom n Pop didn't play, but I became self taught in my early teens, and was lucky enough to have had enough 'girl friend's parents' who enjoyed a chance to play. So I always played above my abilities.

Then latter Jen and I would play, and then latter our Daughter took to playing me.....so I was also teaching over and over, helping to reinforce moves. NOW I have Hack......and this fella has taken to the game, and pulled us into another whole dimension of it.......hold on to yer hats.

Hack n I built our own chess board last winter, and have some nice pieces.....our favorite being the theme pieces from Harry Potter's the Sorcerer's Stone's 'Wizard's Chess' pieces.
Table Property Wood Flooring Rectangle

Furniture Table Chessboard Sports equipment Sharing

Hoping for Christmas this year we'll be getting a set of classic 'medieval' chess pieces........Hey Jen, you seeing this?
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,427 Posts
Hi, guys!

I’ve enjoyed reading everyone’s rants/brief comments today. Hack -so good to see you enjoy some relaxing time with Jen and Nate. I bet they feel relieved for you.

Enough of that stuff from my corner.

Jeff - Looking forward to hearing more about the possible birds that you get, and of course photos.

Vinnie - Good to hear that the rain held off on the Fall Fest. Sorry you didn’t get to go.

Jerry - Tell again what you put into your mince meat. I always liked it as a kid, but we just bought the ready made stuff.

I made fresh peach crisp late this afternoon. Everyone get a bowl of it and put ice cream on it while it’s still hot.

Peace and grooviness to all of you!

·
Administrator
47,321 Posts
Hi kids got into Grants Pass around 5:45 , unloaded her car and got home about almost 7pm mine, now I gotta get up and go to work in am

·
Administrator
16,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Welcome home, and good night Pal.
Hack

·
Administrator
47,321 Posts
Thanks Hacks k, hanginwe are watching we are watching we are watchingg with Tikil my roomies dawg but he claimed us both. Right now we are watching some program where the dog responds to human commands with a quite good response. HE HAS BEEN OFF THE WALL MISSING ME.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts