The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......or there abouts.......GOOD MORNING and HAPPY SATURDAY TO ALL!

Indeed a bright sunny day heading into the mid 70's.......with an autumn feel in the air this morning as the heater is running at the moment in the back ground.

Coffee is up, and high chances of breakfast being 'out there somewhere'. PLAN-A is we're packing the doggies up and heading to a 'park' to let the dogs run around and play, and perhaps swim in the streams before the weather changes for a handful of months making that not so appealing of an option.

Hope the day opens wide an enjoyable day for All,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,408 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, Hack! Someone mentioned dippy eggs of FB yesterday p, so that’s what I’m fixing for everyone. Toast and biscuits with all kinds goodies to go in your bread choice. Fresh fruit is also at the ready.

Hack - What important news did I miss? Were you off duty yesterday and also today?

Mostly cloudy here today, so my internal sunshine is ready for action.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Top of the morning Cath, and thank you for the bountiful spread!

Hack - What important news did I miss? Were you off duty yesterday and also today?
The short answer is YES........The real answer is I haven't really got one ......
After 30 years of being the boss's right hand/YES man, and watching him change for the worse this past couple years, and taking it on the chin, and putting holes in my lips......yesterday was that proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.
I walked out before my body did something stupid, and waiting to see where the 'whatevers' fall.....

Kinda in shock n awww at the moment. I am hoping this passes as an 'eye opening' experience for him, but we live in a strange new world where normal and common sense no longer exist.

So that's a little bit longer of an answer, with no real answer available at press time?
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,408 Posts
GOOD FOR YOU, my good friend, and for your family. For as long as I’ve known you, you’ve been doing 200% of the work and deserve a good medal for being seriously injured at work and kept on working, and put up with bad management long enough! Yes, your boss needs a wake up call, and....he needs to take care of himself too!

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THANKS Cath! Was about what was needed right now......with 'One's self, Family and loved ones', answers can easily be 'opinionated/biased', thoughts from the outside looking in tend to give a greater reference point. 👍

Hack

·
Premium Member
25,458 Posts
Good morning Hack, Cath and all this beautiful Saturday,

Thanks for the coffee and breakfast.

Today if fall fest here in our little town, outside with 50% chance of rain

Have a great day

·
Administrator
47,293 Posts
Morning gang, sitting here having coffee thinking about the long drive home. What did I miss while I was lollygagginn?

·
Super Moderator
22,281 Posts
Morning all,

I hear you on the best to walk away thing Hack.
Been there a few times when not sticking around and letting emotions overtake the common sense part of the brain was the best option . Hope things work out the way it’s meant to.

Currently sitting n waiting for some ‘scripts and my CVS, kinda stinks when these meds run out the evening before the new one can get filled. No flex on filling her. They are the heavy duty stuff. Ironically, I’ll be eventually walking out with 120 pills that are such in nature “they “ say you can’t fill a new script the day before so I don’t have to wake up ( at 6am, and wait til they open at 9am, and wait a hr to get em filled) without my meds. Grr/sigh/ow.

trying to rain this morning, nothing substantial but enuf to qualify as precipitation. Must be because I thought about washing the truck yesterday, and never did, haha.

Not sure what the day has in store, one looming project over my head is to get the bird room back to being one . Going to a bird fair/show with my Sis next Saturday, in the hopes of finding a parrot or macaw to come home with me, fingers crossed.
Can’t get a detailed listing of who will be bringing what from the organizers , so will have to contact the vendors when a strictly “who’s coming “ list is posted and see what they have/will bring

Reactions: cath

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We spent the early afternoon at a park.....a local colonial ruins, Weymouth Furnace ruins.

Water Water resources Plant Plant community Natural landscape
Water Plant community Ecoregion Plant Nature

Water Plant Water resources Tree Natural landscape

'NOT COLD'....you come in here an try it!

Plant Dog Vertebrate Botany Nature

See Mom....I looked it up. NO WHERE in here does it show how 'graphing an equation' will help us to untangle these dogs!
Plant Tree Botany Nature People in nature

🤔 :LOL:
Hack

·
Registered
8,501 Posts
Well, the smells like mincemeat again.
just finished a triple batch, around a gallon.
Too bad the smell only lasts a couple of days.

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
THAT is one great thing about this time of year Jerry.....,,..,the smells of serious indoor cooking and baking once again now that the heat outside has abated and the cooler temps bring us back indoors.

Something was tripped in my internal wiring when I was young that has never allowed me to put anything called mincemeat in my mouth......it's a phobia....not rational, just THERE.
Call it seasoned raisins, or whatever it has in there ....DON'T CALL IT MEAT! 🤔 :LOL:

My Pop loved the stuff and Mom would always baked them for him....me, nope....Apple pie man myself.

Got our first roast beef dinner of the cooler season being planned for dinner tomorrow.......WITH Apple pie.
Hack

·
Premium Member
25,458 Posts
I didn’t go to the spring fest, but the rain did hold off until the end which is a good thing. The antique district gets the majority of funds from spring and fall festivals. Covid really hurt it because they shut the state down and it was canceled for over a year.

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We usually enjoy our local 'May and October Fests' around here Vinneie, .....one held in Smithville, a rustic colonial restored village. But like you'rs had been cancelled last year due ti Cat'n Trips. Headed there today after the park to stroll through October Fest there, and started seeing cars being parked a mile and a half away.....A lot of people evidently missed this local gathering......WE MISSED IT THIS YEAR. Jen would never have made that walk.....even if we dropped her off.....would have been too much. Maybe next year.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
22,281 Posts
Afternoon all,

Morning wait at the pharmacy was less than was first informed( “a hour , since we are doing the morning/opening stuff first”) ended up being a 1/2 hr. . There is a lot to be said for having/knowing folks in certain scenarios, the previous pharmacist was the husband of who Blyth worked with in the ER for years, so I/we had that connection. He seemed to slide my scripts ahead of the others, but sadly he went to another pharmacy chain. So right now it’s a revolving door of fill in pharmacists , and not getting the “Hi Jeff!” When I show up. At least I still have a number of pharm techs that know me in the same vein, who know me by name and some know my birthday when punching up my order/profile. One of those tech friends told me yesterday ( when I told her if she could “push” my scripts to get filled first’ish so when I come in today ( already 3-4 hrs
Of not having those scripts for the day to start with) and be able to wait a decent time to get em filled. She highlighted the “scripts to fill” of mine and said she would show it to the pharmacist in the morning. Well, she musta started later after stores opening, since she was not there when I got there.
While the newb pharmacist did not rub me the wrong way, she was just guilty of being “new”, and did not interact with me like the ol friendly pharmacy used to, heheh. I get the “you have any questions about these meds” thing( the regulars know I’ve been on them for mucho years. She then asked if I had Narcan in the house ( for overdoes etc) and knowing that she asked me that before , I fibbed and said “yup” . I held my tongue on being a smart butt, but HAD to offer “I’ve been on these meds prob longer than you been a pharmacist “ and that I was fairly well versed in things medical’ly.
I tipped it in when a regular tech arrived, she said “hi Jeff, sorry to hear about Blyth “, ( a few did not know of Blyth’s passing for a month or two after) I replied in “known you for years” vibe, asked her about her newly adopted dog, did they put their pool to bed for the season ,, that kinda stuff.

Sorry, a long rant-like post here, but I get gabby on certain situations.

started doing some clean/housework around here, then it went into turbo mode. And since I was supposed to rain later today, I lowered the fenced in back yard, started the long overdue burn pile on fire since I’ll have more to add when the guys drop tue 4 trees near the house in a couple weeks ( plus there was no breeze , so flame and what little smoke would not travel to a neighbor’s possible open window 4-5 yards away)

Started prepping tje “bird room” for possible inhabs of the feathered kind IF a find/match is made next Saturday at a bird fair a couple hours north. Just a repaint since no birds in the room currently, carpet shampoo just cuz, and get at least one or two ( it’s possible I’d get 2 parrots if the opportunity arises) cages back in and made ready.

Off my soap box, and to give my phone’s keypad a chance to cool off , haha.

On to the evening, dawgs have informed me that they have been “neglected “ all day with me being “busy” , so they will get their scratches and me asking them how they been today, did they get a job, that kinda stuff.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Poker table is set up, and snacks are being prepared. Plenty of time to shuffle on over folks.....
Shirt Muscle Table T-shirt Window

Poker has been a significant part of my minds inner depths since a young'n.......Pop had his 'Saturday night poker games' he ran from some of my very first memories. First was from our home down on the bay....,only home from miles around, so evidently they could see if the police were coming.....but then again the chief was one of the regular attendees.
.......I remember Mom would take my brother in me into the living room and watch Flipper, Pettycoat junction, and Saturday night at the movies....all channel 3 stuff. We'd raid some of the cold cuts layed out for the players as we watched TV.

Then the game moved to Pop's machine shop's back room....evidently when the chief lost too much money. Now Saturday nights were a little lonelier down on the bay, and made Mom nervious.....though hide it well. Still had our Saturday night TV line ups, but recall hearing soothing music on the radio afterwards......soft Big Band stuff that is still a part of my life,..,...but the sounds the station played between songs....the soft sounds of gulls.....gentle breaking waves....a muffled lonely fog horn....all things that shaped my 'thoughts of a Saturday night'.

Tried tons of times over the years to get a game together of my own, but never grew into anything....times had changed. BUT now our weekly Family Poker night is new memories for Hack to carry with him now.....Pass life on to our Children and make them smile when they recall 'the days'.
Hack

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
WOW Jeff......looks like we're using up all the ink in the cartridge.

Never kept birds.......though as a child I recall having a pet canary.....briefly. One of them things I had always given a cursory thought of, but other priorities always nudged em out. FISH n CORALS for instance.......speaking of......given any serious thoughts of getting back in the game with all these builds threads popping up?
Hack

·
Premium Member
25,458 Posts
Poker, been along time, use to play a lot in the 70’s especially during the years I drove a cab in Albuquerque. Shift would end at 2am and we would get together and play till daybreak many night.

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Vinnie....

In the Navy days there was always a poker game, day n night......but just never triggered the memories. As teenagers we'd play nickle n dime games.....but still weren't the same.....different groups in different times we've tried, but nope.

Jen has helped me over the years in my quest for always chasing 'memories'....and I am quicker now at halting my search and being happy having these fond memories. I am enjoying poker now with a joy I've not felt before over the game, as I now know I don't do it for myself, but for Us as a Family, and future memories.
Table Window Chessboard Chess Curtain

That's an impromptu game day we recently.....'HEY, anyone want to play a game?'
That's Squirt, 'Samantha' and Jen playing cards, waiting to play the winner of the chess game between Hack, 'Nathanael' and Sam's Husband Sam.....kinda handy come monogramming times. 😁

Table Poker table Poker Sharing Chair

I am blessed to have a Family to build future memories with......OFTEN!
Hack

·
Premium Member
25,458 Posts
I also love Chess, just have nobody now that wants to play, I do find it hard playing with weak players because I get bored. I do jig saw puzzles now, but mostly on the computer.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts