The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
19,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......According to our conversations last night, the stuff of dreams.

Top of the morning and HAP............("Insert wind effects.").......PY SATURDAY! o_O

Slept in......Hack's been up all night, and the Mrs. failed at Her attempt of going back to sleep......so we're hot in negotiations for an 'out there' breakfast, and the day ahead.

Coffee is being squoze in between dogs barreling into me, and said breakfast will be forth coming.

Let's do this,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
28,085 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, and all of TRT!

thanks for the coffee, Hack! You may be going out for breakfast, but I think we all have something here too. I say fried egg sandwiches on toasted English muffins nanners halo oranges, maybe some crispy cowboy potatoes. Oh yeah, I bet Rick would like to have muffins.

That was a great virtual meeting of friends last night. So good to see Whiskey there!
Have a good time out and about this morning, Hack. Be careful in that weather.

This afternoon we’re having a Kentucky derby party at the apartment complex I’m going to take a fresh fruit cup with local strawberries in it. Mint juleps will be had, and since I’ve never had one, I’ll take a sip or two. Also the women are supposed to wear fancy hats.

Make it a groovy day!

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Administrator
19,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THAT sounds like a day 'memories' are made of Cath......VERY COOL! Looking forward to, uhhhhh,.....hmmmmmm... :unsure: ....what's that blasted phrase.....OH YEAH, PICTURES!

Breakfast sounds amazing, and I believe 'belly Busters' are in our near future. And yes, enjoyed last evening.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
27,610 Posts
Good morning all.

coffee is done and drinking my first cup. Fed seahorse fry and water in the newer addition already. Do another water on older fry later.

It was a really nice conversation last night. Wiskey and my self stayed on until we got kicked off the second time. Another person I thought about after the meetings was Casey. He had a really nice setup.

not sure if the plans for today. Tomorrow Mother’s Day so it will be up to Kristine.

·
Administrator
19,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Vinnie......good morning,m and just a 2-cup of joe thought.....How close do you live to the Gulf? If a DAY TRIP perhaps a few barrels of Gulf water to help off set your hobby? I know the Atlantic has really assisted me with my maintenance ease.
Hack

·
Administrator
19,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
.....Ooooohhhhhhh, how many of the 'other camp' are gritting their teeth at the thought. The NSW v ARTIFICIAL camp. Ultra PURE v Whatever levels camp. Let's not forget BB v DSBs ;)
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,610 Posts
If I was to do it it would be water from the Gulf of Mexico. It’s doable but not sure what’s the water quality would be. I imagine it may be higher salinity then the Atlantic. Just a guess.
how do you get your water. Pump or just scoop the water in 5 gallons buckets?

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,245 Posts
Good afternoon all. Glad to see everyone is off to a good start. Having a great day here. Sunny and 60F. I have both boys here at the moment and we are having a blast. They are off getting prepared for Mother’s Day. Traditionally the oldest does a beautiful planter for my wife.

I got a bunch of stuff done early and now have I time to set up the aqua scape in the tank. Rock is in and rinsing sand at the moment. I think we will BBQ later if we don’t get take out. I imagine we will cap off the day watching Formula 1 qualifying in anticipation of tomorrow’s race.

I am having an awesome day, hope yours is even better.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,615 Posts
Afternoon all. Taking time off from dating setting my place up again. Agonizing over which level of resolution for a tv. I sit maybe 8 feet away so it is a 55” or 65”. Now 4K, oled or QLED.

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,245 Posts
I have had good luck with my 4K LG. I have a 55 and sit 8’ away and it is good for me. I recall seeing a calculator on line that told the optimum size for the viewing distance. I’ve watched screens that are too big and it is annoying to me as you can’t focus on the whole screen.

·
Super Moderator
28,085 Posts
I have had good luck with my 4K LG. I have a 55 and sit 8’ away and it is good for me. I recall seeing a calculator on line that told the optimum size for the viewing distance. I’ve watched screens that are too big and it is annoying to me as you can’t focus on the whole screen.
I agree with that, Rick. My 55 Sony is just fine. Some of those fancy things that are tacked on up the price and you only get t the benefits if you’re playing games and such, and I don’t do that.

·
Administrator
19,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I was to do it it would be water from the Gulf of Mexico. It’s doable but not sure what’s the water quality would be. I imagine it may be higher salinity then the Atlantic. Just a guess.
how do you get your water. Pump or just scoop the water in 5 gallons buckets?
I just scoop the bucks in the water right off the dock at a particularly pristine local marina Vinnie......directly opposite the inlet, and a sandy bottom as opposed to mud......flushed out constantly by the changing tide, which I collect at the high tide.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Sky

......well, I got me a helper now. ;)

Paul collects from the beach, and pumps it out of the surf, and has to sieve His before use.

I remember how hesitant I was in the beginning......reading all the horrors the 'anti-NSW' folks would post. Then I realized I lived here my whole life, worked, lived, in, on, above and below the Atlantic my whole life......and very seldom did I ever see a section of water roped off with a sign saying, "WAIT.......adding chemicals, and adjusting SG, and need to sit for 24 hrs.....FISH STAY OUT.". :ROFLMAO: Nah.......Next time you happen to be there Vinnie, bring a little sample home and test it. I have to adjust our SG a touch from this area of the Atlantic. But last time I checked, all the major parameters were up there. Will confirm that that for you latter today when I do some more testring.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,610 Posts
Good afternoon all,

power outages right now, on generator power . They say it will be for a few hours. Hit fry day , no storms and power is out.
Hack I would consider getting fresh saltwater from the gulf , but need to find a good spot. Maybe in Grand Isle area.

·
Super Moderator
22,602 Posts
Afternoon all,
Dry weekend here, prob close to 60 and sunny today. Tues and Weds will be creeping on 90,,, oh joy 🥴🙄.

Did some going thru and sorting/purging/regifting of stuff of Blyth’s in the kitchen huge antique sideboard ,, some auction fodder, some will go to-oldest nephew for his new place , remainder in da can
Not fun going through some things, but end result will be “my” stuff and things I’ll use.

As the norm , typing after the parrots got fed /watered /sprung from their confines ,, Molly still exploring everywhere else except the inside of her cage. Sun Conures went back in on their own to grub out on the new food for the day.

Debating on if any outdoor efforts will happen today, will see how or if anymore indoor time spent on my part , pans out.

Middle nephew having b-day cake tomorrow at sis’s, and a few days before his nursing school commencement 👍🏼. Blyth woulda been proud too.
Going to sis’s prior to cake intake’n to fix a loose fence panel and install a sun shade/hopefully heron deterrence “sail over her pond. Dern heron helped itself to a few decent sized koi a few days after Sis took em from winter basement digs to the pond .
Have a owl decoy out back, will offer it to pair up with a heron decoy( they are territorial/ hunt solo) in the hopes of keeping the koi population where it’s at , this summer.

On to the day,

Hope everyone has a great one 👍🏼

·
Administrator
48,484 Posts
With the wind and rain we have had a few glitches, not long but inconvenient. Up at Lady Friends house net fail means she has no phone except Sat Phone. Making asian chicken and stire fry veggies with rice. She has been hauling and burning, tired so I am catering dinner tonight

·
Retired Wanderer
17,615 Posts
Evening everyone. Doing something I haven't done in a while. Spending the entire weekend alone and single. It is kind of nice.

Had lunch and a couple cool ones at my Mexican dive.

Enjoy your evening!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts