The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Shark..but a friendly one
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.........well, only outside. 馃 馃榿......I hope!

Good morning Y'All and and a BIG HAPPY SUNDAY!
Coffee's always on, and breakfast requires thought......I know it won't be pepperoni of french onion dip ANYTHING!:eek:

Had a blast last night with my Family.......and extended 'game night', with extra....with WAY EXTRA snack options. My silly butt managed to stay awake till 11:00 by topping the evening off with watching 'Solo', that's when I realized there was 'missing time'.......hmmmmm..馃....aliens.....? :cool:馃榿

PLANS for today involve......finding them.....PLANS that is, not the 'aliens'.:ROFLMAO:

Hope peace and grooviness rule,
Hack

Retired Wanderer
Morning Hack and others to follow. Leigh is off at a memorial for a passed family member out in Maryland. I am still house sitting (destroying?).

Going to finish tearing out all the clutter around the fireplace in the basement den. There are a ton of other rooms down there, but other than a bathroom with doggy wash stall the rest will stay utilitarian. Leigh is used to paying a fortune to have people do these things. Got her painting and using the finish nail gun, but I might be doing the cutting for now anyway. Neat to see someone at any age place a row of tiles and realize it is not magic.

Sunny out, and going to watch the Browns game tonight on the big screen with big sound. That will be epic.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Howdy Perry! You got 'sun out already......or just foretasted? Cloudy and DARK here.
Better take some 'before n after' pictures so Leigh know's it's her place.
Hack

Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CONGRATULATIONS Jeff on the re-start of your bird journey! They are some beautiful one's you brought home, and the one yet to come home is a WOW! 馃憤
Hack

Super Moderator
Good mawnin鈥, Hack, Perry, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, Hack. Since you have a super sore foot, I made breakfast - dippy eggs and waffles with fixin鈥檚.
By the way.... how is your foot today?

Perry - You have somegrand things going on there! How did you meet Leigh, and what does she do?

Jeff - I鈥檒l chime in with the others. You have a beautiful aviary going on there!

Gotta get ready for church. Bobbi is coming over this afternoon, as usual.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

Retired Wanderer
Howdy Perry! You got 'sun out already......or just foretasted? Cloudy and DARK here.
Better take some 'before n after' pictures so Leigh know's it's her place.
Hack
Hack, I am stuffing the Bagster now. Got a lot of before and after. The pry tools come back out in a bit.

Good mawnin鈥, Hack, Perry, and all of TRT!

Perry - You have somegrand things going on there! How did you meet Leigh, and what does she do?
Cath we met online. We bit on the drop, and left that behind.

Leigh is an attorney that works in commercial real estate. She is a lot smarter than I am, but she likes the hands on stuff and my work ethic. We are enjoying a lot of the arts, and it is neat to have a lady that enjoys every vegetable I do.

Reactions: cath

Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Cath......THANK YOU for the FB wishes......of course Jen passed THAT on to me from you and George.
Discussing breakfast as we type.....and dippy eggs are being negotiated also here.

Foot's soar, but ain't stopping me.......pain I usually just deal with, but like the 'neck' where it could do something goofy, THAT gets my attention. The ole 'pain threshold-o-meter' I have set to around a 4 before it sends me a notice.
Hack

Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and it is neat to have a lady that enjoys every vegetable I do.
......Ahhhhhh....Potato chips, and olives! 馃憤 :cool:
Hack

Retired Wanderer
LOL close. I am a closet foodie, and the idea of a fine balsamic that costs a lot is fine.

I was raised as the son of a Naval Academy pilot, and experienced culture in every way. Rejected it along the way, but it is nice to bust out my sort of shiny side. Already know how to make shingles and get dirty. It is still akward being around folks with only the shiny side though.

Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried the 'brief case, and standing around chatting while holding tiny pieces of food, and sipping wine' thing in college......found out early on, THAT, just doesn't fit. Crawling in sea muck, and being tail slapped by fish was more my speed. BUT, I do love my food......ain't real fussy about which end of the cow goes on the plate first......and have been hungry enough to negotiate it's freshness chasing it on the 'hoof'! 馃憤 馃榿
Hack

Retired Wanderer
We found a happy medium. Leigh was raised on a dairy farm and got expelled in the sixth grade for repeated spelling and grammar corrections for her teacher's benefit. My kind of gal.

Premium Member
Good Morning Hack. Perry . Cath and all.

You guys have been busy today, I'm still waking up.

Thanks for the coffee.

No plans here, at least nothing like you all,

Last night Kristine mentioned how it's getting darker earlier, I love this time of year when the temperature starts getting cooler. Nothing like you east coast folks, I do miss a good snow storm . something we don't get here. We have been talking about moving either back to New Mexico or someplace completely different. I wouldn't mine Wichita. Nothing right away but probably in a year or two.

Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Vinnie. Miss the days around here when you could count on a SNOWY WINTER......now it's pretty much gotten to be a hit or miss thing. Can't even remember when I went ice skating last......I know Nate was young trying his first single blade skates........15 now.
Hack

Administrator
Morning all, up and having coffee, getting dressed to go open the store.
Great weekend for me, got to get out of Dodge with someone I care for a lot.
Got printer working, hope that continues. Will get pics downloaded after work and over to the. Chiefs assistant. Update later from work

Super Moderator
Morning all,
Decided that today was to be a 鈥渄own turn鈥( Perry and others might know the term, no production-only repairs/maintenance and cleanup) out in the shop. Too many after effects of prior chores/jobs/projects.( a long sentence for being lax/lazy with putting stuff back where it belongs). Edited my day plan with prepping a older bird cage for paint to relocate the Sun Conures to, the current cage ( that housed Sinbad the Cockatoo) is too large for them.
Will time the paint offgassing/drying with making the move with seeing about getting them into my bird vet for basic check up and nail/wing trims. Usually do a wing flight feather trim on new arrivals since it helps with training them ( can鈥檛 easily flake out and fly away) and then allow flight feathers to come back with next molt. Since /so far they are a bit flakey when in near them or interacting with them now, it鈥檒l be best to get them in the travel crate to take them to the vet, then move them to the new cage, one less stress episode.

Now that the insanely poor efficiency of rattle can paint on thin wire cage bars is over, back to shop housekeeping.

Back to 鈥渨ork鈥.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

Administrator
Here at work, kinda blah day weather wise but it may clear off later

Retired Wanderer
Still doing demo. Not letting that Bagster leave empty. Several generations of craftsmen have passed through. I post a picture of the empty canvas in the morning.

Super Moderator
Good afternoon, guys!

LOL close. I am a closet foodie, and the idea of a fine balsamic that costs a lot is fine.

I was raised as the son of a Naval Academy pilot, and experienced culture in every way. Rejected it along the way, but it is nice to bust out my sort of shiny side. Already know how to make shingles and get dirty. It is still akward being around folks with only the shiny side though.
Brahahaha! You are so NOT a closet foodie, Perry. You are an out there foodie, fer sher!

Hey Vinnie. Miss the days around here when you could count on a SNOWY WINTER......now it's pretty much gotten to be a hit or miss thing. Can't even remember when I went ice skating last......I know Nate was young trying his first single blade skates........15 now.
Hack
I hear ya, Hack. When I moved here in 1978, we had 2 and sometimes 3 good snow and ice storms that stopped traffic. Once in the 80s the snow and ice was so bad that trucks were stuck on entrance ramps.

Jeff - Did you mention names for your birds? They are so lucky to be in your care.

Retired Wanderer
Evening all. Ripped apart Leighs basement den today. Lot of blood, but that comes with the gig. She lives in a very tony neighborhood. Gracie the kittie did her recon outside, and the neighbors knocked on the door to see if she is okay. No clue what they will think about my shaggie hair, trashy shorts and pirate t shirt. Boat shoes and a nice polo are preferred but I have S&*( to do.

Filled a bagster and didn't bleed out. Great day. Gracie went cattin'

1 - 20 of 26 Posts