The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So 'they' say.....fingers crossed that for the afternoon the sun may return. One can only hope.

Good morning, and HAPPY SUNDAY to Y'All! My day to sleep in, and eyes wide open by 4:45 am.....cool?

Coffee has been consumed, and plenty in reserve, and breakfast, eventually, will be 'out there' somewhere. It is a rainy day, but Jen n i will be doing our weekly get out of the house for Her shopping spree, somewhere.
PLAN - A includes Hack n I getting up to my Brother's gun shop and seeing what kind of trouble a pocket full of money, and an 'available' pistol permit can get us in to?

Let's see if'n there's any train wrecks around here today......grooviness to All,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,932 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack and all of TRT! Nope, no train wreck today.

Thanks for the coffee. I bet you and Jen are out and about but I have breakfast going anyway. ;) Dippy eggs with Texas toast, hash browns and local strawberries.
I know you will be having a groovy time this morning.

Jeff - S’OK about not having the photos we discussed. You’ll get to them.
Hope all goes well with the the PTACat your sis’s place today.
Ackkk! That antique iron fence is an expensive project is expensive. But as you say..... reefkeeping is too.

Bobbi is coming over today as usual. We’ll have fun as we work together.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
15,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah....caboose is dragging this morning, Will be more like 9'ish before we hitch the wagons. Giving the rains a wee bit to abate a smidge.

Dippy eggs do sound like a winner, and if'n we hit the usual place, their 'Belly Buster' has them.....3 eggs, 3 bacons, 3 sausages, 3 buttermilk pancakes, AND hashbrowns, with white toast of course.

Hope You and Bobbi root into some groovy giggly fun around there today......oh and YES, we are a nosy bunch if'n You do find something cool!
Hack

·
Administrator
46,742 Posts
Morning All rainy and 40 out, hi near 58 again. This will hold over till tuesday. Back to work, cant wait to see what went on over the weekend,
Forgot to grab creamer while out, but it is hot coffee so it will suffice. Was not able to finish bird trellis, Chief got called out, so gotta try and knock it out after work.
Have a great SUNDAY

·
Super Moderator
26,932 Posts
Good afternoon, all!👋👋

Nah....caboose is dragging this morning, Will be more like 9'ish before we hitch the wagons. Giving the rains a wee bit to abate a smidge.

Dippy eggs do sound like a winner, and if'n we hit the usual place, their 'Belly Buster' has them.....3 eggs, 3 bacons, 3 sausages, 3 buttermilk pancakes, AND hashbrowns, with white toast of course.

Hope You and Bobbi root into some groovy giggly fun around there today......oh and YES, we are a nosy bunch if'n You do find something cool!
Hack
Lordy, Hack. You guys really do some powerful eatin’! How do you move after all of that?😂
Have at your brother’s place this afternoon.

As for what Bobbi and I do... Bobbi cleans Sophie’s boxes, I will clean my bathroom, and then we’ll sort through papers and stuff in then den (think, toss, file, or shred...). Not fun stuff, but we have fun working together..

Morning All rainy and 40 out, hi near 58 again. This will hold over till tuesday. Back to work, cant wait to see what went on over the weekend,
Forgot to grab creamer while out, but it is hot coffee so it will suffice. Was not able to finish bird trellis, Chief got called out, so gotta try and knock it out after work.
Have a great SUNDAY
Bummer on being call to the station at the last minute. Guess that what that work is like.

It’s a beauty of a day today. The rain did lots of good!

Carry on...

·
15,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Running around done, including our trip to Shooter's. Yeah Cath, 'Belly Busters' are appropriately named!

Familiar with Jack n the Beanstalk? Well Hack n Me walked into my Brother's gun store with a 'shopping/wish list', knowing that in this day n age what you want ain't necessarily what yer gonna git. SILLY BOY!
Not only did they have the pistol we were looking for, we also walked out with another 12 ga. pump. I'll save the details for the 'gun thread' Shamas has started. But my conscious really bothers me when we walk into His place.....'stay here, I'll be right back.'. The mob scene pressed up to the counters have no impact for us....,,,.except for getting on their range on a Sunday.....NOGO!

Looks like the weather, though not stellar, will allow for some of THAT $20,000.00 cow for dinner. Got the Rib eyes, Broccoli n/cheese, and baked beans with a hint of bourbon for our evening meal. May feel more delightful dinning inside though, but the grill'n will go on.

Hope All are well up there on the ole Fun-o-meter,
Hack

·
Administrator
46,742 Posts
Afternoon all, was only at work about half hr. Tweaked muscle in lower back made doing a lot of things (lifting propane tanks) really painfull so I called in one of the other staff and she takes my place. Heat/Ice, massage, Aspercreme and meds and it is now managable. Might grab one of them back support bands to help out

·
15,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OOOooooHHhhhhhhh MAN.....a tweaked back after just getting there. So glad you were able to find back up. Hope you can find something 'over the counter' to bring you relief Pal.

Just finished off a table full of medium rare Rib eyes, and man they were 'some of THAT'. So look forward to the warmer months when I can bring our charcoal grilling into menu decisions. Steaks need a grill!

An evening of relaxing appears to lie ahead for Us........personally speaking I feel as though I could nod off any moment for the duration. Dogs are looking a wee tired too after finishing their portions of 'left over' brisket n steak.

Peace n coolness to All,
Hack

·
Administrator
46,742 Posts
ou had to say Ribeye didn't you. Dont know why I am so hungry, bored I guess

·
15,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Doug! I'm a fairly new convert to a Rib eye......,I always had to have a 'manly' steak.....a hang over the edge of the plate Porterhouse, 16 oz. NY Strip, or a honk'n Prime Rib. Rib eyes always looked 'petite' and that sounds 'girly'. Even at Longhorn, or Outback, they give their Rib eyes a girls name....Flo, or Shella. BUT after trying one, and realizing I could get 2....yeah, I'm a convert, They are just tender'er n TASTY as all get out.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,932 Posts
God evening, Doug and Hack -

Afternoon all, was only at work about half hr. Tweaked muscle in lower back made doing a lot of things (lifting propane tanks) really painfull so I called in one of the other staff and she takes my place. Heat/Ice, massage, Aspercreme and meds and it is now managable. Might grab one of them back support bands to help out
Yeeouch with your tweeted back! I hope your concoction of stuff brings you serious relief.

Hack - Though I don’t eat meat or anything that had a mom, I am put out that Outback and Longhorn gives ribeyes women’s names. My hubby, Dad, and both my brothers prefer/preferred ribeyes because of the juicy and tender quality. OK off my soapbox. ;)

Everyone have a groovy and restful evening!

·
Super Moderator
22,118 Posts
Evening all,
Cath phone cam’s a few flower pics for ya,,,, tulips etc being the first to pop outa the ground,,,a few other kinda flowers are showing themselves, but names evade me,,, plus they are not “showy” like the groups of tulips ,,,

Re-enacted King the GSD on lil long dawg bed/heated pad ,,, pic below .

Sis’s original chore/job was tended to nicely, new PTAC( have ta look up what that stands for) HVAC unit for her sun/parrot room. That grew into figuring out how to remove the screens in her sunroom ( tall slide sideways to open/close ) she said she could only clean the stationary pane of glass, since the screens kept her from getting at da glass. Took a whole minute to figger out/take the first one carefully,,, showed her the 2nd one went faster once I/we figgered it out , haha,
Then ,,,( I’m seeing a pattern here , heheh) I showed her what I learned about garage door springs ( the ones over the door, compared to the ones in line with the upper track) all sign point to her door springs needing a pro to check out/adjust, since it looks /acts like the springs lost their “torsion” somehow.
Then,,,, I got to take her 2 cycle Echo lawn edger ( where lawn meets sidewalk) home with me to investigate why it “smoked” during its initial season run a few days ago ( fast forward to at home here) could not get it to smoke ,,,, she said it still smoked after shutting off,,,
Leading me to believe gas/oil mix mighta gotten either on the muffler of seeped in combustion chamber while hanging “nose up” all winter,,,
Who knows,,,, just like I useta say at work “can’t fix it if it don’t act broken”.,,,,
Add to the ONE job I showed up for at Sis’s ( haha) ,,, checking into why her pond underwater light won’t work,,, either LED bulb, or power supply/ transformer/ photoeye,,,,( need to remember to bring a full, wide aspect of tools , covering all kinds of fix-it stuff,,, instead of just what I need for the initial job,,, sigh.

I don’t really mind,,, the last few years of Dad’s life I got promoted to fixer for Sis’s stuff, when Dad was
not able,,, and now I have the job title permanently.

after getting all that squared away got the Deere 3pt. Mower deck up on jackstands for its preseason lookover. Sharpened the blades, looked online and ordered a off brand set at 1/2 what Deere brand goes for. Always nice to go off brand when it available. Next will be the numerous grease fittings getting a shot or 3,,, and clean /degrease the roller caged bearings in the front wheels to lose what gritty sand etc. that works against smooth wear , since it’s not a “sealed” bearing. New rear tire/wheel shows up Tuesday/Wednesday, so I have no rush to finish the deck.

Hope yer back finds some relief Doug,,,

Now to post those pics fer Cath ;)
FAC6B9E2-9EC4-46D8-B922-A10FA54FAD11.jpeg 064BDF56-A56F-476B-A810-3156E31EE522.jpeg 6610D95F-15CD-4B03-A9D3-43EA28A85587.jpeg 16BC5B48-805E-469C-9F4C-91A6089E384D.jpeg 073C5BC6-9497-450F-B6C8-6086992C1FF1.jpeg

·
Registered
124 Posts
Evening to you all.
Evening all,
Cath phone cam’s a few flower pics for ya,,,, tulips etc being the first to pop outa the ground,,,a few other kinda flowers are showing themselves, but names evade me,,, plus they are not “showy” like the groups of tulips ,,,

Re-enacted King the GSD on lil long dawg bed/heated pad ,,, pic below .

Sis’s original chore/job was tended to nicely, new PTAC( have ta look up what that stands for) HVAC unit for her sun/parrot room. That grew into figuring out how to remove the screens in her sunroom ( tall slide sideways to open/close ) she said she could only clean the stationary pane of glass, since the screens kept her from getting at da glass. Took a whole minute to figger out/take the first one carefully,,, showed her the 2nd one went faster once I/we figgered it out , haha,
Then ,,,( I’m seeing a pattern here , heheh) I showed her what I learned about garage door springs ( the ones over the door, compared to the ones in line with the upper track) all sign point to her door springs needing a pro to check out/adjust, since it looks /acts like the springs lost their “torsion” somehow.
Then,,,, I got to take her 2 cycle Echo lawn edger ( where lawn meets sidewalk) home with me to investigate why it “smoked” during its initial season run a few days ago ( fast forward to at home here) could not get it to smoke ,,,, she said it still smoked after shutting off,,,
Leading me to believe gas/oil mix mighta gotten either on the muffler of seeped in combustion chamber while hanging “nose up” all winter,,,
Who knows,,,, just like I useta say at work “can’t fix it if it don’t act broken”.,,,,
Add to the ONE job I showed up for at Sis’s ( haha) ,,, checking into why her pond underwater light won’t work,,, either LED bulb, or power supply/ transformer/ photoeye,,,,( need to remember to bring a full, wide aspect of tools , covering all kinds of fix-it stuff,,, instead of just what I need for the initial job,,, sigh.

I don’t really mind,,, the last few years of Dad’s life I got promoted to fixer for Sis’s stuff, when Dad was
not able,,, and now I have the job title permanently.

after getting all that squared away got the Deere 3pt. Mower deck up on jackstands for its preseason lookover. Sharpened the blades, looked online and ordered a off brand set at 1/2 what Deere brand goes for. Always nice to go off brand when it available. Next will be the numerous grease fittings getting a shot or 3,,, and clean /degrease the roller caged bearings in the front wheels to lose what gritty sand etc. that works against smooth wear , since it’s not a “sealed” bearing. New rear tire/wheel shows up Tuesday/Wednesday, so I have no rush to finish the deck.

Hope yer back finds some relief Doug,,,

Now to post those pics fer Cath ;)
View attachment 241359 View attachment 241358 View attachment 241357 View attachment 241356 View attachment 241360
Very nice flowers! I luv it :love:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts