The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Retired Wanderer
17,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Morning all. Looks like a gorgeous day ahead.

Loyal readers will not be surprised. I basically changed everything in my life, and took a little time off the forum. I am now a Manufacturing Engineer again in a medical device company. It is really small, and getting in at the grass roots level. We are just releasing a new device, and my role is to manage the contract manufacturer in addition to a design firm.

Spent last week at a trippy abandoned hospital bought by some hippie PhD's a couple decades back. Allegedly it is haunted. The entire place is now filled with some crazy experiments, and the lobby display is full of patents.

I moved away from the country into a small but cool apartment, and the new lady in my life is general counsel for a commercial real estate firm in a prominent area of Cleveland. We are doing a lot of fancy cooking. Gracie the kitty came with me. She is getting introduced to Winston, the lab gigantic puppy, next weekend.

This beats my sabbatical making shingles. Enjoy your Sunday TRT.

Reactions: Tinsnips

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
264 Posts
Sounds like a great adventure Phish! Congrats on all of that! I am an old building fanatic. If you get a chance please drop some pics for me!

·
Registered
264 Posts
The wife put away around 70 jars of peaches and a dozen or so corn relish over the past couple days. The cupboard is looking great for winter. She is cooking down a really big batch of spaghetti sauce today and it will get canned tomorrow - it always tastes better the second day. I am at work avoiding the stack of invoices and list of emails for the moment. I will find a coffe soon and maybe that will give me the desire to do something. I am off tomorrow for the holiday and just don't seem to be in the work mood today.

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,609 Posts
OK, got my 1st 2-cups of joe in me, so I can legally post now......

PERRY......HOW THE HECK ARE YOU FELLA!
Spent last week at a trippy abandoned hospital bought by some hippie PhD's a couple decades back. Allegedly it is haunted. The entire place is now filled with some crazy experiments, and the lobby display is full of patents.
Is THIS some kind of a 'resort', or were you committed? 🤔 :ROFLMAO:

I moved away from the country into a small but cool apartment,
Is THIS still NOOB 'Micro Manor'?
Glad to see you popped back up on radar.

Top of the morning Vinnie, Rick, and any who pass through our web this fine day......HAPPY SUNDAY!

Suckie being at work Rick.....Doug also pulls Sunday duty round here....BUT COOL yer off tomorrow.

As of last evening Cath was still having difficulties joining our party....1st there was no internet, then a 'TURN BACK....YOU'RE IN DANGEROUS WATERS' thing greeted Her trying to get here. Hope She can get here before long...fingers crossed.

Coffee is on the counter, and the day awaits.....
Grooviness to All,
Hack

·
Registered
264 Posts
Mornin Hack. Sunday is "usually" a really easy day for me. I am the only real management on site so not much gets asked of me. The guest rooms are all full so I am not sending guys to PM them. Manage the house calls and play music in the office. I really don't know why they pay me for Sundays. The only down side is I miss some football and Formula 1.

That being said, I was just told we have a pretty good leak flooding the main boiler room so I will wander down there and see what can be done to band-aid it until after the long weekend. Shutting off the water to a 405 room hotel in the middle of Labour Day weekend is frowned upon to say the least.

·
Super Moderator
27,353 Posts
Gooooood mawnin’, Perry, Rick, Vinnie, Hack, and all off TRT!

Thanks foe the coffee, guys! Belgian waffles topped with some yummy Canadian peaches and VT maple syrup are on the table! Oh yeah,eggs any way you like ‘em, too. I like brown butter over easy.

Perry - Good to see you. I’m with Hack. Are you still living in the micro-noob manor?

Rick - Huge thanks to your wife for offering some of her peaches for us!🤗.
Ouch with the leaking going ninth boiler room!!

Vinnie - How is the clean-up coming along in your area?

Hack - How is everyone in your family? Please update us on your Great Dane. I’ve forgotten her name.🤭

Finally every last dust bunny is out of the house where I lived for 33 years, and all of the STUFF is in my apartment. Thank God for those who helped with the move! Sophie quickly acclimated to her new home.

Things will get better my apartment, and I’ll enjoy the process. :D

Many thanks to Doug, Hack, and Jeff for relaying my attempts at communication!

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
16,609 Posts
FANTASTIC!!!!! A big groovy HAPPY SUNDAY MORNING Cath!
Jen, Hack, Rose Bud Hannah, Oliver Tiberius McGruff......and CHLOE NOEL our newest Family member send you Our best.
Hack

·
Sponge
2,371 Posts
Morning all! Perry, glad to see you again man. Sounds like you’ve had a pretty interesting last little bit in your life.
Vinnie, try you some black rifle coffee. You’ll thank me later. Some of the best coffee I’ve had.
Hack, morning man! Did you all get hit by the storm up your way? We were supposed to get 6-7” of rain Here but luckily it dodged us. Just light rain.
Tinsnips, sounds like you have your hands full. Hopefully you get to sneak in a little football.My team played Thursday night which is a little odd. But that’s college football for you.
Cath, glad to hear the move was a success. It’s always stressful dealing with any kind of move. We’re considering buying a bigger house sometime soon, but it’s hard finding what we want in our area.

We had a pretty fun night last night.I planned a surprise birthday party for my wife. We ended up putting a blow up movie screen up over at her grandmas house and I broke out the movie projector. We watched the Addams Family (cartoon one for the kids) and had a ton of fun. Had 2 fire pits going, hotdogs, popcorn and movie candy galore. Glad she had fun as it was stressful planning 🤣

·
16,609 Posts
🤨😱.....THANKS CHRISTIAN......I just wasted a perfectly good mouthful of coffee seeing Yer shindig......FOLKS, That man is magic! FANTASTIC! Now exactly what is 'rifle coffee'?
Hack

·
Sponge
2,371 Posts
🤨😱.....THANKS CHRISTIAN......I just wasted a perfectly good mouthful of coffee seeing Yer shindig......FOLKS, That man is magic! FANTASTIC! Now exactly what is 'rifle coffee'?
Hack
Morning Vinnie!
Hack, it’s a company called Black Rifle Coffee Company. Great quality coffee along with a great cause. They donate a portion of each sale to our military, veterans, police and firefighters. They make hilarious commercials but probably not for everyone. Either way, great coffee and cause. I’m a medium blend guy and around Christmas they come out with their holiday blend. Some of the best I’ve had. Excluding the coffee I got up in Maine at a little restaurant on Jordan pond. That’s a trip worth it just for that view and coffee

·
Administrator
47,203 Posts
Black Rifle Coffee is a vet owned company h that makes great coffee.
Good morning all glad to see Cath and Pderry made it back. Off to work in a few

·
16,609 Posts
....they seem to be closed 7 days a week anyway! 🤔 🤨
WAIT, wait.....I can't say something like that.....SHOOT, I'm gonna get....🤔....well, someone upset somewhere....
Hack
You can sit there Vinnie......Tell them I said it was OK.

·
Sponge
2,371 Posts
....they seem to be closed 7 days a week anyway! 🤔 🤨
WAIT, wait.....I can't say something like that.....SHOOT, I'm gonna get....🤔....well, someone upset somewhere....
Hack
You can sit there Vinnie......Tell them I said it was OK.
Haha someone needs to 😆 but yeah Hack. If you like good coffee, check it out.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts