The Reef Tank banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......and BAM, here it is! Good morning and HAPPY WEDNESDAY TO ALL!

Coffee and some Watermelon and Cantelope to usher in a 95 degree day. Sunshine n lollipops are the forecast, so set your 'beach alarms for 15 minutes so you can roll over and get an even sunburn.

Nothing exciting on my radar yet, and have yet to evaluate how I'm feeling today.......IBUPROFEN will be kept handy.

Peace and smiley faces to All,
Hack

·
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Holy pain in the neck, Batman! I’m here to tell you I know a level 8 pain is.

Your neck situation gives me the heebeegeebies! Maybe using your next doc appointment as an incentive for WC to get their fannies in gear to you can get an PT appt SOON.
The 8-9 pain levels I mentioned yesterday were at the point of 'A nerve being pinched out of seemingly no where'.....It just GOT YA! The after a second or some disappears. The usual walking around the yard, and running the lift was around a 5-7.

Jen and I have calibrated our PAIN-O-METERS through the years, since we've noticed so many different claims to OWWWWWWIE levels. So we wanted to be sure we were on the same page.......with Jen's health issues, and my fascination with collecting bumps, cuts and contusions, we pretty much decided that up to a 4 is 'background radiation', just always there and not particularly note worthy. A 5-6 is going through the day with a grimace now n then crossing your face, and the other will check on you. NOW from here on we go with the Randolph Scott Scale......a 7, is what we consider a 'workable' pain level to do what needs to be done to keep the world spinning, but you're fighting off the 'Pee Wee Herman' mentality to crawl up in a ball crying 'mommy'. Jen with her neuropothy(sp), spends a lot of days out here, and handles it well, and when I have a chunk of myself hanging off, and wonder where 'that blood' is coming from. To Us a 9 is as high as it gets, because by the Grace of God with a 10 you'll be unconscious.
A 9 will bring us to our knees as it smacks us, but we'll fight to regain our composure, but realize it's time to sit down, and 'evaluate' what we're doing. A 'spike' to a 9 makes you STOP n THINK!

MAN, that was long winded, and in person just a wink n a nod would have summed THAT all up.....SORRY!
Now, the Little Red Train is chugging down the tracks at about a 4.5. 🤔 ;)
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,223 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and melon choices for us, Hack. I’ll add egg and cheese biscuits.

You pain level description essay is spot on! I’m glad tp hear that you are not at 8 or 9 all the time. I learned about 8 last year before I got help with my malformed, screwed up right ankle. As for my back, it ranges from 0 to 6.

Hope your day goes well, and your neck inky twists one way.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Administrator
47,030 Posts
Good Morning Gang, alleged cooler today at ONLY 90 or so;)
I concur with 4 is normal, 5 is my home court , oh well. Delivery day but biggest beer vendor is moved to thurs cause of holiday. Grocery order is gonna be a big one, so better eat my wheaties.
Hope the day treats you all well or better

·
Super Moderator
22,174 Posts
Morning all,

Just back from a “before it gets too hot n humid “ trip out to the blueberries,,picked a fair amount along with some lopping of unwelcome visitors being blackberries and assorted vine’age while I was right there to dispatch em.

Hack, pretty much on the money for the pain scale,,,, Blyth used to say “if you are a legitimate 10,you would not be able to inform so”,,, when she would get “my pain is 11-12” ER patients .

Word is today will be last of the hot n humid weather, hoping that holds true.

Internist appt. this afternoon, hoping I get a fix for the long lasting poison ivy deal on both arms. Seems like the P.I .has run its course, but somehow another form of itchy scratchy something has moved in on both arms , does not appear to be P. I.in how it looks/feels. Itchy scratchy is still a pain regardless of putting a name to the problem.

Looks like a pick my own battles for the rest of the day ,,, plenty to pick from , just need to aim toward a chore/effort and dive in.

Hope everyone has a great day!

·
Super Moderator
27,223 Posts
Good afternoon, all.

Doug - Hope delivery day is somewhat better since major beer delivery will be tomorrow.😳

Jeff - Eeeeewww on PI and some other itchy thing going on.
Good going with picking blueberries this am!

This morning I went to a stretching class at the wellness center where I will eventually move. The class is designed to get all your joints mobile as much as possible. It is very helpful for my back!

We sound like a bunch of OFR describing how much we hurt. It’s helpful to know that others hurt, and some A LOT!

Thanks my soapbox for today.

Carry on....

·
Super Moderator
27,223 Posts
Passed supper time around here. Did I scare everyone off?

Wupsie. I forgot to mention that today is World Chocolate Day! Pretty sure Hack is diving into some right now. Lemme see if I can find one of my photos of something yummy I made years ago….

·
Super Moderator
27,223 Posts

Roscoe was Dad’s father.

I’ll keep looking.

·
Administrator
47,030 Posts
Evening all Gang, timing on vendors was OK, definately better that the usual Fuster Cluck we have, tomorrow should be a huge beer order which will make friday on thursday go faster
Dyxee, daughters pitty girl with a damaged claw/toe Gotta go see if she is dosed enough to clip off her damaged claw.
Poor girl is doing better but outpatient surgery on a hurtin pitbull is not my favorite thing, I am pulling all my stops out of medical bag. Several doses of dog ok CBD , 3 doses over 3 hrs, Smear Oragel on affected area then try to snip off the damaged part and treat. Chicks dig scars but most my age cant see without big bifocals

·
Super Moderator
27,223 Posts

I didn’t make this, but it would be GREAT on vanilla ice cream!

·
Super Moderator
27,223 Posts
Evening all Gang, timing on vendors was OK, definately better that the usual Fuster Cluck we have, tomorrow should be a huge beer order which will make friday on thursday go faster
Dyxee, daughters pitty girl with a damaged claw/toe Gotta go see if she is dosed enough to clip off her damaged claw.
Poor girl is doing better but outpatient surgery on a hurtin pitbull is not my favorite thing, I am pulling all my stops out of medical bag. Several doses of dog ok CBD , 3 doses over 3 hrs, Smear Oragel on affected area then try to snip off the damaged part and treat. Chicks dig scars but most my age cant see without big bifocals
Eeeouch, Doug! That sounds tricky and not fun. Good luck!

·
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Owwwww Doug, GOOD LUCK!

Too lazy at the moment Cath, but there's a bottle of Chocolate martini in the fridge.
Just got home from Red Lobster, and r stuffed.......THEY made me drink 2 Margaritas! Asked for the classic 'frozen' one, and they brought me one on the rocks instead. So of course had to finish it so there was room on the table for the FROZEN one next.

Looks like we may receive 'tropical storm effects from Elsa tomorrow in the over night hours. Hope them before us stay safe.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,223 Posts
Wow, Hack! I bet you really are stuffed!

Yep, we’re going to have some of Elsa’s outer western bands of rain tonight, tomorrow, and the next few days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts