The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......40 heading to 50, with a persistent breeze.

Good morning, and a BIG HAPPY SATURDAY Y'ALL!
Got spoiled a couple weeks ago with temps tickling 80 degrees.......and now we're locked in the trenches with the temps in the 50's to 60, WITH consistent winds and clouds. My inner 'beach bum' is screaming to be released! Heck, even Oly is chaffing at the bit.....
20210415_170531_resized.jpg
This year's order of His new Hawaiian shirts just arrived.

Coffee is up, and yeah, there's still Tasty Kakes that need devouring! Heading to the creek for an undetermined length of day.......my eyes see one thing, and the boss's sees something else.....one based on facts, and the other based on loneliness.

Formulating a PLAN......thinking about it......of an early start tomorrow, if'n weather cooperates, and getting a brisket smoking through the day, as well as some cheeses, and pretend the 'season' has arrived.....POWER TO THE FLIP FLOPS!

May coolness n grooviness prevail for All,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,228 Posts
Good mawnin’ Hack, and all of TRT!

Hack, I know you’re long gone for work when I post, but thanks for the coffee and TastyKakes. Also up is scrambled eggs with cheese, hash browns, Texas toast, and fruit.

Oly sure is a cute guy, especially with his Hawaiian shirt! Mmmmmm your neighborhood will be drooling over the aroma of the brisket.

Hope your workday is groovy and that your boss doesn’t find too many insignificant jobs. Sorry he is so lonely. 🙁

Jeff - If you’re true to your word, you have been gone for quite a while getting that just right satin black paint. Have fun using that today.
Great story about how Higgins came to be a part of your family. So much for Blyth saying “no more dogs” after Higgins...
Ya gotta that photo of King on the too small dog bed,😂

Delicious cool night here. Zoom book discussion this morning, and lunch with a girlfriend.

Lots of love and hugs and peace t o everyone!

·
Administrator
47,039 Posts
Morning All, 10 and 63 already, looking at mid 80s today. Hope the day treats you all well and the lost sheep find there way back in

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Home from the office with a half day under my belt. Consuming a sandwich, then taking Mini-Me out in the yard and setting up our new canopy.......a 'test fit' as it's supposed to be just like our last model, so hoping it fits in the same ground poles we had the last in. Looks like it's official.....1st shindig of the 2021 summer season happening tonight/tomorrow. Brisket n ribs bought......charcoal n wood chips......various cheeses to smoke along with our dinner. Squirt's off, as well as our adopted kids down the street.......various sub-Scotch strength beverages for the majority. Hoping to lead off the hootenanny with our first bonfire this evening weather permitting. Comes a time one simply gotta put a line in the dirt and CROSS IT!

Peace and a bucket of giggles to All,
Hack

·
Administrator
47,039 Posts
Sounds like a fun time Hack, Enjoy your evening and weekend

·
Super Moderator
27,228 Posts
Yeeeer hawwwww at Hack’s place!

·
Super Moderator
22,175 Posts
Evening all,
Received our next foster(s) today, “Charley and Naya” . Charley is the 10 yr old long hair of the left in the pic below , Naya is the 12 yr old gal on the right.
Backstory is a sad one, Covid related. The lady of the human family was out of a job when Covid started, fast forward to current times, lost their home , had to find a apt., so these two got surrendered to our rescue ( the Rep said when she picked them up the whole family was in tears, understandably. )
A few hours here and they settled into foster home life fairly well as could be expected.

“Work “today started with a drive north to get more rattle can paint for the antique iron fence project. Knocked out a few fence sections until the rescue’s rep arrived to deliver our fosters, then lost my mojo to go back to painting .Have one fence section left to paint, oughta be done and done first effort in the morning.

comfy chair time now, the canine newbs figured out it was not bad on my lap,,

hope everyone had a great day! 4F707FAC-2386-4798-A566-80A7F1111BD8.jpeg The

·
Super Moderator
22,175 Posts
They sure are! Sad how their humans had to let them go.
Yup, they are pretty cute "pups", and yes it was terrible for them to have to be surrendered/ given up due to the whole 'Covid thing
As it happens seemingly with most of the new fosters when they get here, I'm the one who they spend initial time with, and sometimes they might bond more to me than Blyth. That might be the case today, since after a few hours of them being here, Blyth left to do a 'Girls game nite" at one of her bowling teammates home, leaving me one on one (two) time to get accustomed to their new foster digs. Naya /Nay Nay) was just comfy sitting along side of me in my chair, Charlie was on my lap , at first because his girl was up with me, but in short order he warmed up to feeling that I'm a ok dude. After a bit he would climb up toward my face/neck then do a hug sort of thing where he tucked his head at my neck as if it was something he did with his previous humans.They both got used to my giving them scratches and I could tell they got more comfortable being in company of the new human.
Charlie goes in for his neuter ,a dental as needed and a follow up on a eye issue(dry eye etc) Naya goes in for a already certain dental on Tuesday.

We have been given the title of "Bonded pair" fosters, we were informed that the other available foster homes/folks were either not able to take in a bonded pair for many reasons, For us, it's no biggie , the more the merrier, heheh.

And just like a foster home, it takes a special adopter to take in a pair of Doxies compared to just one, We have had great luck finding that special human(s) that are looking to adopt a pair of dogs.

The last antique fence panel will get painted in the am, and check that project off the list, sort of. Will still need to work up a list as to what kind and amount of fence posts to order, then install the whole shebang in front of Blyth's flower garden. She even "took" a bit more of my lawn so to speak, when she informed me of where she wanted the fence line to be at,, about another foot more of less lawn and more garden real estate,,, after last fall's foot or so landgrab also. Sigh/haha.

G'nite TRTrs!
(And fingers crossed the newb fosters sleep silently on this first of a number of many more until adopted, nites here,)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts