The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......says it all.

Top of the morning all you Beautiful People and welcome to a HAPPY SATURDAY!
Up early, after going to bed late(relatively) and for no good reason other than I am.

Coffee is fresh, and there's some Dunkin Donuts left, but can't guarantee for how long......they should be available as long as you still hear snoring coming from the Hack Cave. 馃榿

Possibly a wet day, but mild....60's, and fairly calm.

I may venture out this morning and get my first haircut, 'barber shop' haircut in decades. Will be interesting......though a nice short 'military style' man's haircut, few understand THAT. Been a long time since I had to break in a new 'groomer'.

As of bed time last night today was being negotiated......even with the possibility of a movie theater visit....first since COVID......mention of the shooting range as well. So in other words.....NOT A CLUE!:unsure::cool:

Let's go find something special, and share,
Hack

Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
Good morning Hack and all.

I鈥檝e been cutting my own hair for probably 10 or so years. That鈥檚 when I cut it.

going to be a wet day here. Like the past two days, Jacob is bummed out about it, no drag racing this weekend.
Water change day on fry tanks and maybe some other tank
Have a good Saturday

Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
Good morning all. Went to Toronto last night with my son to see a show & didn鈥檛 get back here till the wee hours so moving slow. Very sunny and 80鈥檚 today with the chance of a summer style thunderstorm later then clear again tonight.

As soon as the mist burns off I have some mowing to do at the farm then will tend to my tanks. I will report back about those later as well.

Hope your day is most excellent.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Top of the morning Bro! Sounds like Jacob's been bit by the DRAG BUG.....yeah, rainy days will put a droop to the mouth with THAT.

Jen's cut my hair for the past 30'ish years, but sadly me finding a barber now will put less demand on Her, though the thought I'm sure will be felt by the both of Us. Seeing Jen have to give up one thing after another over the years is hard.

It's strange seeing most 'hair cutters' now a days start of a MAN'S SHORT HAIR CUT with the tiniest dinky little scissors that came with their daughter's 'Barbie collection'. If I don't hear the buzz of the clippers going when they first approach me, I know I'm in the wrong place.
Intentions are to go to the same barber shop I did growing up....still there, but a different generation of the Fella that I use to know.....Son or even Grandson by this time. Wonder if I'll be greeted by the same old time 'Barber Shop' smells that once lingered in the air, and the same Field n Stream, and Popular Mechanic's magazines in the rack by the window, where the 'old timers' would sit around discussing the crops and the past hunts? ("Guessing I will now be one of THEM?")

Hack

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good morning Rick! You just keep right on working on them memories with Your Boy......most important job in the world. (y)
I must live in northern South Jersey, and you must live in Southern Canada with this disparity in our temps....60's vs 80's?
Hack

Super Moderator
Good morning Rick,

I did a post with a video of Dr Tim鈥檚 on bacteria in our aquariums , he pretty good and covers a lot as the video goes on. He spent his like working with different bacterias . It may be of interest to you. Towards the end he covers skimmers.

Super Moderator
Good mawnin鈥, Hack, Rick, Vinnie, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and DD, Hack! I鈥檒l add local strawberries, nanners and muffins.

Hack, my good buddy鈥 don鈥檛 kill us like you did yesterday by not showing up till late. Of course all of us do the same thing sometimes, but we鈥檙e so used to you coming in early that we are spoiled. Have fun getting your haircut today.馃コ

Good morning all. Went to Toronto last night with my son to see a show & didn鈥檛 get back here till the wee hours so moving slow. Very sunny and 80鈥檚 today with the chance of a summer style thunderstorm later then clear again tonight.

As soon as the mist burns off I have some mowing to do at the farm then will tend to my tanks. I will report back about those later as well.

Hope your day is most excellent.
Rick, how did you get Saturday off too? That is so cool you had a good time with your son last night. Those times are a must! A mix of sun and rain is a good thing right now. Enjoy.
Maybe and you and your son will get a chance to see the 鈥渟uper blood flower鈥 lunar eclipse tonight..

Vinnie, that鈥檚 a real bummer for Jacob not being able to go to drag racing last night. I鈥檓 sure he will find something fun to do in place of it.
By the way, I like seeing 鈥淔ry Daddy鈥 underneath your avatar thingie.

Jeff - You did GREAT at auction yesterday! You got some really cool stuff. With all those options for how to get that all those goodies to your house, it should turn out well for you. I hope you don鈥檛 have to do the 5 hours times 2 trip to get them.

I think we need to send out the TRT SAR in Perry.

Bobbi and I had a great time at Sister Act last night. It was fabulous! Great singing, great pit orchestra, staging, costumes, the works.

I鈥檝e read that NASA will have a live stream of the lunar eclipse if you鈥檙e in a cloudy area.

lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

Super Moderator
I forgot to mention , I have a seahorse feeding station on eBay. Well I had a guy start asking questions on on the ebay messenger or contact seller.
Turns out he wasn鈥檛 interested in the items but wanted information on lighting. We went back and forth for about an hour and a half on T5 and MH. He asked over 20 questions . On bulbs and where to buy and asked if I share pictures of my tank under Mh. I even pointed him on where to buy and what.
Now if we had chat last night I probably wouldn鈥檛 have spent the time answering. It鈥檚 all your fault.,

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was 'interested' in that Dr. Tim's video.....but my aged attention span couldn't make the entire hour+, but it was educational.....THANKS! (y)

Good morning Cath, and glad to hear you had a smashing time out last night. I'd love to see the 'Blood Moon' tomorrow night, but AIN'T HAPPENING with our weather, and TOO LATE for me to be out there looking any way. But if no one hasn't seen one before.....TRY TO! They are cool!

Hack

Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
Official temps here were mid 80鈥檚 yesterday Hack but my thermometer on the garage was 90 in the shade. I think it picked up some heat coming out of the rafters under the eaves. I gotta move that to a better place.

I watched the Dr. Tim video Vinnie, found it very interesting. I gotta do some tests again today on the 75 and maybe fill the 10. It was so much simpler when it was just complicated鈥ow I got all that to think about. Lots on my mind there and will discuss it in the various threads.

I am typically off Friday & Saturday Cath. I 鈥渨ork鈥 Sundays but the term is very loosely used. I am there and in my office but the four letter word that starts with a W is rarely spoken. My son is going to come over and watch the moon from my place. I am thinking I may or may not join him.

Super Moderator
Morning all,
Well, looks like it鈥檒l be another 5+ hr drive one way to get auction loot , at least good or bad it鈥檒l be aiming the truck to the west instead of East this time. And looks like I get to add Iowa to my 鈥渟tates visited鈥.
Timeline for sis picking up did not match the auction house , so tomorrow it is. At least I don鈥檛 have to deal with time zone differences what it is when I leave the house is the same time zone when I arrive .

Job #1 ( not counting a few chores inside the house) is to reclean the truck鈥檚 inside windshield. Last time pre-Ohio I musta not gotten everything streak free( of course found that out the next morning an da dark 馃馃樀鈥嶐煉煒).
Then will see what I can knock out outdoors before the alledged rain shows up inna few hrs . Rain timeline won鈥檛 bode well with divot filling and grass seeding in the back yard, so tho I might tend to the low spots created by last fall鈥檚 tree dropping guys, not gonna concern myself with final touches.

Not too bad outside , temps are up , partly sunny/cloudy, and does not seem like humidity is not up . I can deal 馃憤馃徏

Forgot to mention coffee and scrambled eggs to the training table ,,, oops.

Hope everyone had a great day馃憤馃徏

Super Moderator
Good afternoon, a

This conversation exchange today is more like it.

Vinnie, I love you seahorse videos and such.

It鈥檚 not surprising that the temps down in Orlando will be in the high 90s, and of course people will crank down the AC till I turn into a popsicle. I鈥檒l just take layers and layers of clothing. I don鈥檛 wanna complain too much because it鈥檚 been along time since I鈥檝e traveled. I鈥檓 really excited about seeing family again. I saw my brothers and sisters in law soon after I moved but I haven鈥檛 seen my oldest brother鈥檚 son and daughter in a very long time.

I better get off my family. Bobbi鈥檚 is coming over here to help with a few things.

See you guys later.馃槑

Super Moderator
Good evening, everypne

Morning all,
Well, looks like it鈥檒l be another 5+ hr drive one way to get auction loot , at least good or bad it鈥檒l be aiming the truck to the west instead of East this time. And looks like I get to add Iowa to my 鈥渟tates visited鈥.
Timeline for sis picking up did not match the auction house , so tomorrow it is. At least I don鈥檛 have to deal with time zone differences what it is when I leave the house is the same time zone when I arrive .

Job #1 ( not counting a few chores inside the house) is to reclean the truck鈥檚 inside windshield. Last time pre-Ohio I musta not gotten everything streak free( of course found that out the next morning an da dark 馃馃樀鈥嶐煉煒).
Then will see what I can knock out outdoors before the alledged rain shows up inna few hrs . Rain timeline won鈥檛 bode well with divot filling and grass seeding in the back yard, so tho I might tend to the low spots created by last fall鈥檚 tree dropping guys, not gonna concern myself with final touches.

Not too bad outside , temps are up , partly sunny/cloudy, and does not seem like humidity is not up . I can deal 馃憤馃徏

Forgot to mention coffee and scrambled eggs to the training table ,,, oops.

Hope everyone had a great day馃憤馃徏
Jeff, all the gibbering I did this morning and I forgot to comment on your post. Bleah!
I hate when that happens about cleaning the inside of your windshield! As a matter fact, I can鈥檛 do it since I don鈥檛 have bionic arms.
I heard a few weeks ago if that a premiere locally owned car wash uses rags that are not clean to clean the inside of your windshield. As much as people pay to go there, or at any price, there鈥檚 no excuse for that!
You鈥檝e been so busy with your bidding and so on that you haven鈥檛 posted anything about your birds or your woofers. Especially those two cuties that are your in your care until they get the right humans.

What鈥檚 going on with everyone tonight? Guess I better look into the lunar eclipse. Guess I鈥檓 kind of like some others around here, and I鈥檝e never be able to stay up late enough for that.

Whatever you do tonight, make it groovy!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts