The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, it turly pains me to say this but my lion fish died the other night.....He for some reason had gotten pretty sick when I had him at my office so i took him home, added medicines and hoped for the best; his health came completely back up to 100% for a month or so then went a total 180 and just couldnt hold on anymore. This guy was my favorite fish, use to watch me work all day and even let me pet him, not with my hands of course ;) These past few days have been pretty hard for me, kinda interesting how a fish could impact someones life so much :cry:

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,658 Posts
I miss my Leo(volitan)had him22 yrs and we had a storm and had no elecric for a week and a half.Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I had the same thing happen with my lion. He was great for 2 years then one day just turned 180 on me. I nursed him for almost a month before I found him dead in the quarantine that I kept by my bed one day. It was a sad day. I hand fed mine every other day. He never once tried to go after me. And every day when I got home he swam at the front of the tank, almost excited to see me (although probably just begging for food). It may seem silly to some, but after years of caring for something a bond grows.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah daytona955, mine would do the same thing. It was cute, I'ld stroke his top spines with a ridget tube and he'ld be so into that he would sink to the bottom of the tank and just relax as I'ld pet him...... oh man, sad moment.... Thanks all for your comfort.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there were more fish deaths that happened with this one, i guess he just got the other sick when he came out of the qt. but the lion really affected me the most. Hmmm, one of the fish that died was my first saltwater fish ever, dang. Thanks melissa, and yes he was my lil aqua puppy dog. Been thinking of getting another, but I dont think it'll be the same an dI dont know if I'm ready to do that quite yet. For the mean time I'll be tearing down the tank and making it a freshwater tank to breed my stud German Red Cichlid, hes got some of the sickest colors I've ever seen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts