The Reef Tank banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a family friendly forum. Flaming (even if "we can both take it, it's all in fun"), nazi symbolism, political discussions, racy or "disgusting" images, etc are not appropriate. We can still have fun and not cross the lines of a place where kids and adults of all walks of life can come to enjoy themselves.

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's correct. The site is here to discuss fish, and in my experience on these forums as soon as politics creeps in to the discussions, people who were previously fast friends start becoming upset with one another. Let's stick to the purpose of the site and not alienate people for off-topic reasons.

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
In that case I would have to question the extent of a friendship if it were dissolved through simple opinionated disscoarse.

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This really isn't up for debate. My long experience doing this has taught me that allowing political discussions does not further our agenda as a reefkeeping community. We aren't here to have "opinionated discourse" about politics. There are other sites devoted to such things.

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unless there is some type of nazi or political reference there that I am unaware of. :funny:

·
Semi-retar...eh...retired
2,995 Posts
I think he's making fun of guys wearing pink tutus.
I am highly offended. It's my right as a man to wear a pink tutu and not feel persecuted.

Isn't it?

:funny:

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
What about political actions that affect the reefing community, like the recent creation of a protected area in HI or the cause of polution that affects the ocean?

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can talk about the science, but not the politics, which pretty much rules out a lot of discussion as most of those topics are all politics and very little science.

·
Semi-retar...eh...retired
2,995 Posts
This is a reef board. It's not supposed to be "fun".

:D

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We are a little more lenient when the politics are directly related to reefing, but you're not going to see discussions of global warming and the like discussed here because by their very nature they are too politically charged.

There are plenty of fun things left to talk about.

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
otolith said:
You guys are unbelievable.
I thought you had things to do and weren't going to post?;) Now go back to your hole. :p

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
redwinger said:
I thought you had things to do and weren't going to post?;) Now go back to your hole. :p
Anyone with 5000 posts can not possibly have anything real to do?!?!?!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.