The Reef Tank banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......with the 'laborers' sleeping in evidently. 馃榿

Good morning Y'All, and HAPPY LABOR DAY MONDAY! Though I got up early, it was of my own accord because early morning PLANS say, 'OH YEAH!'.

Coffee is on, and pretty sure there'll be a breakfast stop for the Hack Boys as we go about this morning.
Brother Hack is opening his stores CLOSED range for us this morning......so a shooting we will go. Something special about having a range all to your selves.

The the rest of the day will involve being lazy and entertaining Family and Friends out there in the yard.
Hope a peaceful, relaxing groovy day welcomes All,
Hack

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Speaking of PLANS......

Does anybody have a list of 'Oh Baby oh baby.....' PLANS for their day?
I don't suppose they had the decency Doug to CLOSE your store for the day did they? But am glad to hear the new Girl is a 'keeper' for Ya, and you have help that is actually HELP.

Our gathering won't be until after 1p at least round here with the Sams coming over, and then there's the possibility after shooting this morning I may be able to coerce my Brother to join us.
NOT EXPECTING any extra Company, but surely won't be betting any money against that. looking forward to giggling around the table, and some pool splashing. Nothing that involves WORK or ambition......just a day of enjoying each other's company.

Are you getting any break in your weather down there Vinnie to gather round the grill? Still looks like come tomorrow there's an excellent chance we'll be getting wet for a few days up here.

Hack

Retired Wanderer
Morning all.

Hack despite being closed be safe out there. I am a nut when it comes to range safety. We used to shoot at Dragonman in Colorado, and the range master was like a Mad Max character, but no one checked a target without the yellow thingies present and everyone six feet back. They were certified for machine guns and other heavy crazy things.

My 150 point car inspection failed to detect MISSING pads in the WRONG caliper on the back brakes of my low mileage Altima. Diving into the fronts today and doing an oil and CVT fluid change.

Figured out finally that Sharon was turning the dryer dial on her base model Amana counter clockwise. Who does that? Anyway, that crazy problem is fixed. I got tired of climbing over the machine to replace the short vent hose and went to get a longer one. Those are 14 dollars now at Hellmart. I'll climb over one more time.

Coffee is on. Going to keep training Dozer today. He is 140 pounds of a work in progress. Amazingly he knows sit, wait and some other things. The problem is unleashed dogs that come up and stir up trouble. Sharon ends up on the pavement hanging on. No incidents with me so far. The loose pit bulls started some stuff, but the po po visited and that calmed down. Not sure I want to see this bruiser unplugged. He won't leave my side. Only one Alpha.

Enjoy the day!

Reactions: hackshobby and VWD

Retired Wanderer
Hack, installing cup holder things and putting my fancy TV in to replace the old bedroom TV. It is all internet with a learning curve. I loathe cable companies, but it is a transition for some to ditch cable and just get things like HBO plus a la' carte.

Cup holder hooks go in great with a pilot drill bit. Who doesn't know this? Geez I feel like mister OFR fix it lately.

Reactions: hackshobby and VWD

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Top of the morning Bro!
Completely agree with 'RANGE SAFETY'.....unless you are actively being fired upon, safety is the priority......INCLUDING all the 'exaggerated moves' so that all around you understand everyone's intents.

Only 1 Alpha! (y)
Hack

Super Moderator
Good Labor Day mawnin鈥, Hack, Perry, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, guys! I have Thomas English muffins for toasting, PB, Nanners, peaches cut up and ice bite-size pieces on the training table.

Labor Day is a traditional day in South Carolina for people go hunting, for what I don鈥檛 know. I think it鈥檚 small game.

Hack, you handled that nicely about the gift of a Roomba yesterday. It wouldn鈥檛 be my thing either, but if someone gives it to you, the best thing to do is thank that person and figure out how to use it.
I know you鈥檒l be having fun with your family and those who are bound to show up at your welcoming place.

Perry, Sure is confusing about Sharon turning the dryer knob the wrong way. The only thing I can think is that is opposite from opening a jar and other things you turn it to the right to close it and left open it. That is opposite from that when you turn on the dryer turn it to the right to start it. I know that鈥檚 hard to picture, but that鈥檚 the only act thing I can think of.

Hey, Jeff- what鈥檚 happening your way? We haven鈥檛 heard from you in a bit. How was your mother doing? And we need a report about your birds and doggies.

We are having a day of solid rain. It鈥檚 been a very long time since we鈥檝e had that. Yes I鈥檓 extra achy, but we need the rain so badly.
I鈥檓 having lunch over at Bobbi and Hal鈥檚 place today. Obviously, we won鈥檛 be having a cookout. But we will be having a groovy time just the same.

Lots of love and hugs and peace and grooviness to everyone!

Retired Wanderer
Back at Hellmart. Getting Stevia for Sharon. I might grab anything passing as ribs and cook them slow all day. Rain all day and the yard is a swamp. I guess the trick here is to bring in dirt and let gravity do it鈥檚 thang.
The elevation is maybe 3 ft.

• Haha
Reactions: hackshobby and cath

Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
Good morning all,

you all have been busy today, it鈥檚 a holiday for all you working. Me it鈥檚 just another day. I always like Labor Day, beginning of fall and a break from heat coming soon.
Today will be a water change on the juvenile tank. I never made it to my lfs Saturday.
My truck is paid off, received the title. Good feeling not having a car payment.
The rain won鈥檛 be bad today they are calling for like 40 % chance. But it鈥檚 will be heavy again in a day or two.

Retired Wanderer
Doug I saw those horrific temps.

I'll take our rainy 80's.

No cooking device, so ribs are in the oven for three hours at 275. All of us were scratching our heads at hellmart at the price of meat. No clue how anyone affords anything anymore.

Super Moderator
Hi, guys!

I now know why my firefish stay under the rock most of the time. It鈥檚 because of the six line wrasse. I caught him terrorizing them yesterday when they came out.
Great news on finally paying your truck off! That鈥檚 like getting a raise.
sorry to hear that a ferocious wrasse is terrorizing your firefish. 馃檨 I went through that with her pistol shrimp or maybe it was an aggressive crab. Both were a problem in my tank.

Morning Gang , Happy Labor Day , he says as he heads off to labor at the store. High Heat Alert for next 3 days, temps over 100F :( Gotta run be safe out there and bust a cap for me :)
Ew! Your temps are a vicious problem!馃サ

Super slow afternoon here. I guess Hack is having a groovy shindig this afternoon. At some point he and the Sams will have to call it quits due to the reality of work tomorrow. 馃槺

Lunchtime over at Bobbi and Hal鈥檚 place was lots of fun. It wasn鈥檛 raining that point, but it was super-duper muggy and not pleasant outside.

On with the evening. I hope everybody has a groovy time this evening. See you in the am.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HERE I IS!

Yeah.....that was a fun one. :cool: Grub'n is winding down, as rains look pert near eminent, so we're buttoning up from dinning. Now the games are coming out......including Chutes n Ladders, and Alphabet Bingo for the young'ins.

Was....let's see...:unsure:......6 of us at the CLOSED range today, but with our arsenal we covered pretty much all 20 booths. From .22's at one end to M1 Garands at the other with M1's, Uzis, AR15s, Model 700's, and even a brand new OU 20 ga Franchi my Niece just got for Her birthday, and booths full of other toys I never bothered stopping at. Yeah, there were options.
Kinda fun being turned loose in a closed zoo.....couldn't begin to count/calculate how much or the cost of the ammo that we went through. :unsure:......guessing in the mid 1,000's in 556, and similar number of 30 Cal...... .22's, God only knows, and 9mm? We spent a good hour with the 6 of us on brass patrol to make the place look un-used.

The thought of going back to work tomorrow isn't no where near the top of my list of cool things I want to do......but back I will go.
So sadly, but not yet, We need to steer this pony show to an early conclusion to allow for a work night bed time rather than shindig schedule......that's why I dislike celebrating on 'the' holiday, having to call it quits early.

OK, back to the games.....PEACE!
Hack

1 - 15 of 15 Posts