The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
never really liked those corals. i think the algae in the corner looks better.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
I disagree. I thing it's a FASCINATING Piece! :thumbup:

·
11,345 Posts
I think the maidens hair in the corner IS cool, but i agree with Butch......I LOVE christmas tree worms.....too bad they are a package deal with the porites though. I havent had the greatest of luck with keeping the porites alive......after that, youve got a few months of worms and they seem to dwindle......I still do have a small rock going though.....

That is a cool double looking rock :thumbup:

It looks like it started to go south at some point but you (or someone) along the way succeeded in saving it.

·
11,345 Posts
The "muffin" in the picture is the porites....and not that attractive(i agree with you there KID55).....BUT, the christmas tree worms(who live IN the porites), for some reason can not live for very long without it(the porites) being healthy...The christmas tree worms are VERY VERY cool

The porites kind of does a thick encrustment on a piece of live rock, typically, it is host to a myriad of other worms and invertebrates as well.

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
so its a 2 in 1 deal? you get a coral and a worm?? :banana: coooooooooooool

just wondering but what does the worm look like?

·
11,345 Posts
pastina said:
so its a 2 in 1 deal? you get a coral and a worm?? :banana: coooooooooooool

just wondering but what does the worm look like?
Look closely at that picture....i can see at least 2 dozen worms...chances are hes got twice that

The worms themselves look kind of like a fetherduster worm.....in fact i think they ARE a featherduster/fanworm of sorts. their plumes look like different colored christmas trees, tinsel, decorations and all sometimes.........

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Nice; I personally do not like algie, any kind of algie. Like the worms and porites.

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
They are the really blue and green colorful pine-tree looking things on the porite rock cornmuffin thing. CT worms are the absolute coolest. I am not nearly a good enough reefer to try and keep them though - same with cocoa worms - too tough to keep alive.

NICE picture!
HHC

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
ahhhh haaa hey those are cool. the muffin thing isnt anything to look at but now that i googled up close pics of the worms yeah their neat :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
HowardW

Which suburb are you from? I am originally from the south side of Chicago.
Welcome to TRT.

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
yo we should start an ugly coral thread, i think id win with my candycane
wait ill go take a pic of it :lol:

im gonna do it im gonna start an ugly coral thread :blob:

·
11,345 Posts
pastina said:
yo we should start an ugly coral thread, i think id win with my candycane
wait ill go take a pic of it :lol:

im gonna do it im gonna start an ugly coral thread :blob:
Hopefully you clarify an "healthy" ugly coral thread....otherwise we will be looking at a bunch of rotting/dying corals:)

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
Can I Show You mIne?

Hey Howard! I need some of your GREEN Worms!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts