The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning Everyone, and.....HAPPY SUNDAY!

A nice quiet one, surrounded by a beautiful day. Coffee is going, and I'll beat Cath to the punch, and offer up some Dippy eggs and bacon, with white toast and an assortment of jellies.......

Zero PLANS for the day other than a Roast beef dinner with a little company joining us.

The 'Mexican standoff' with work continues in silence.......I anticipate hearing something today from him.....but don't know. And I sure ain't going to capitulate.....so the game continues......

Any fun going on out there today with Y'All? Looking forward to hearing about it.....
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,408 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and dippy eggs! Multigrain toast and fruit choices are also on the table.

Sounds like you have a great day ahead of you.

No way should you capitulate. No today, not ever!

Enjoy your time with your friends.

Several churches in our area are having a blessing of animals this afternoon. Not taking Sophie, though as it wouldn’t be fun for her.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Cath!
Several churches in our area are having a blessing of animals this afternoon. Not taking Sophie, though as it wouldn’t be fun for her.
🤔.......Yeah, I'm guessing they're 'dunkers' down there in the South......I can see why THAT would turn Sophie off.:LOL:

I will be sticking by my guns Cath.......Jen, Nate and I have been in open, heart bearing discussions voicing options as well as in constant prayer over this situation........I am teetering on the border line of just hanging up a 'closed sign' at my age, and look at the options....BUT not knowing where I/WORK actually stand at the moment, the mind is just fertile with thoughts running rampant.
Hack

·
Premium Member
25,458 Posts
Good Morning Hack. Cath and all.

Thanks for the coffee. you wake up early Hack and good luck with the Job situation.

Enjoy the day

·
Super Moderator
27,408 Posts
Hack - Hahaha! No, blessing of the animals is not dunking. It’s closer to laying on of hands (if the animal is keen with that.)

Not at all surprised that you are in discussions with your family about your job situation. That’s the way to be!

Vinnie - Hope you find something fun to do today!

·
Premium Member
25,458 Posts
Here is a funny little joke about work.
Funny

A guy walks into his boss’ office and asks for a day off.

His boss replies, “So you want a day off. Let’s take a look at what you are asking for. There are 365 days per year available for work. There are 52 weeks per year in which you already have 2 days off per week, leaving 261 days available for work.

Since you spend 16 hours each day away from work, you have used up 170 days, leaving only 91 days available. You spend 30 minutes each day on coffee break which counts for 23 days each year, leaving only 68 days available. With a 1 hour lunch each day, you used up another 46 days, leaving only 22 days available for work. You normally spend 2 days per year on sick leave. This leaves you only 20 days per year available for work. We are off 5 holidays per year, so your available working time is down to 15 days. We generously give 14 days vacation per year which leaves only 1 day available for work and I’ll be darned if you are going to take that day off!”

·
Administrator
47,293 Posts
Morning gang, getting ready to head to work, interesting what is happened while I was away.
Hack I kinda follow what happened at work from comments but I didn't see the original post.
Hope the day treats you all well

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Top of the *unday morning Doug......SORRY!

Doug, the whole 'work thing' isn't an event, but a gradual 'decay' over years.......and the last root fell Friday morning. With no more than the same behavior that began the decay........just the last straw......and everything in me that's keep me 'loyal' over the decades snapped. I have had enough, and told him that 'this is where we end'. And his response was, 'That's fine with me.'.

UPDATE:

I returned a missed call from him earlier this morning......'Hey......you coming in tomorrow?'.....jovial, nothing ever happened voice/demeanor.......and after a LONG FEW SECONDS I responded with, 'I don't know yet'..........Then he got a little shorter and said 'can you call me when you know?'.

WHOLE BUNCH OF THINGS TO WEIGH Doug........this wasn't an event, this was chronic......

I'm praying for guidance, but fighting off all my bottled up anger instincts. If I walk back in, it'll be till the next trigger gets pulled, and I know down in side I am an ANGRY PERSON. Not good having fuel setting next to the heater.

Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,408 Posts
You are doing the wise thing,Hack. It sounds like 30 years of chronic emotional and physical abuse to me. Nope, you don’t need that. And I’m sure your family doesn’t like seeing you treated that way.

·
Super Moderator
27,408 Posts
PS: Your TRT family doesn’t like seeing you treated badly either.

·
Premium Member
25,458 Posts
Tr
PS: Your TRT family doesn’t like seeing you treated badly either.
True, it’s not good for your health, I know it’s hard making a change after so many years. But it sounds like your boss isn’t will to change or listen.

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
But it sounds like your boss isn’t will to change or listen.
All the above is true, and my Family is 100% behind OUR decision.

BUT Vinnie's quote sums up my hesitation .......he doesn't seem to know there's a problem, and I can foresee any call/meet may not go the way of a PLAN-A.....

This is nearing the point of it being not only a 'move', but a life change.
Still waiting for the spirit to guide me.

THANK YOU ALL! 👍 THIS is what makes this place unique!
Hack

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did just get off the phone with him, and said I would be there tomorrow morning......BUT, we need to talk.
I feel better having money coming in, and letting this play out on MY schedule......not his, or over anger.....

You heard his demeanor pick up from the original hello.......but immediately he started denying any 'wrong doing', no picking on me, .....your not doing anything wrong. All signs of a man who needs....... big sigh.....a friend/help. I've been the friend, now it's up to me to make him see there's issues.
BUT I'll have money coming in.......shifting gears, and goals.....
Hack

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HEY PERRY.......I may need a resume......
Hack

·
Administrator
47,293 Posts
Dang Hack, I understand that , last time I was in remotely that scenario, I said I would be there and then I presented my list of grievances, in writing and we talked. It was obvious that the person I worked for had to big an ego to compromise and I said I was gonna walk. I knew what I had coming and when they balked I said fine I am calling Labor Board. Then tune changed, I got all I had coming but end result I changed careers. Was hard but I was a lot younger then and didnt feel my options were as limited.
Good luck to you

·
Premium Member
25,458 Posts
I fully understand where you are coming from Hack, maybe you can have a good talk and this will give you time to figure out your next move, this way it’s on your timeline.

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I like the idea of at least buying time......perhaps same end result, but at my convenience.
Always planed my next step past here was 'retirement', but figured maybe 3-5 years out yet.......I think that time frame shrunk. But in the interim weighing UE, SS, disability, there's options, and rather not have had to run out tomorrow and start making decisions.
We'll put a pin in this for now.......THANKS Y'ALL for having ears!
Hack

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OHhhhhhhh......dinner guests bailed last minute, so there's a table full of roast beef and baby backs......a MOUNTAIN of mashed potatoes, roasted carrots, and mushrooms n onions, and that pile down there is all the dinner rolls. So uhhhh, don't be shy. My belly has already excused me from the table.
Hack

·
Administrator
47,293 Posts
z that sounds good, Hack. if'in the TRT Transporter worked I would be there as as opposed to trying to get my printer to rehook up with computer or cooking dinner

·
Premium Member
25,458 Posts
Candid Camera did a scene with fax machine. The boss would ask the new receptionist to order lunch using the fax machine and a few minutes later the fax would beep and a lunch would come out of a compartment in the machine. It was funny watching the reactions.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts