The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Reef Overlord
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tank is coming along and maturing nicely. I'm back to the HA since I messed my RO up. Corals, Clam, and fish are doing well, and are showing pretty good growth. Here are a few pics.

Jeweled Rock-Skipper

Derasa

Derasa Top View

Lots of growth on the candy cane. Each head has split to 3 heads.

Blue shrooms

Yellow Polyps - Thanks Traci

Feather Duster

Zebrasoma and Cool Monti

Another shot of the Monti

My Green Hairy split.

Anyone know what kind of monti that purple one is?

· Just send me a PM ;)
16,985 Posts
Where'd you get that Monti from? It kinda looks like Idaho Grape, but only kinda. It's growth form is what is really tripping me out. When that on gets to fraggin size, let me know, we'll do some trading :)

· Reef Overlord
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chuck, I'd agree with you: That IS a nice looking Sailfin.:) It was yours a few days ago. He's been eating some nori and a little calurpa. It seems happy and follows my 6-line around like a puppy dog.:fish::fish: Thanks.

Tony, I got that Monti from OF almost a year ago. It is a strange one...It plates, then sort of encrusts. It's been slow growing, but now that my chemistry is getting better, it is growing faster. I'll put you on the frag list as it gets bigger.

· Registered
1,768 Posts
I believe it is the Idaho Grape. Just looks nice and purple in your tank, it is a tricky one to keep good color. needs just the right conditions.

this is the colony it came from (thanks for the pic btw) the lineage as far back as I know it is James (don't know where he got it from never met the guy and don't think anyone keeps in touch with him), Timmy, Me... greenville area!

· Registered
1,768 Posts
it is one of those that has to "settle in" to start growing, but once it does and conditions stay decent it is a moderate grower. it actually got a lot bigger than this between the time you came over to take pictures and the time i took my tank down and totally fragged this colony out. good to know it is still out there in good hands.

your welcome to my 2 other monti's btw (blue polyp peltiformis and Tyree rainbow) as long as your tank tear down is not coming really soon. they don't like the zeovit environ.

· Just send me a PM ;)
16,985 Posts
Hmm.. so it is Idaho Grape. I have a large colony of it already, but not the color your is :) Once it starts to grow it will take off and do so very quickly, mine grows about 3/4" a month :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.