The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....I keep seeing 'things' pop in n out round here?

Good morning to All, and.....HAPPY TUESDAY!
1st I see APPROVAL QUEUE blink in and out......then see Rick dashing across the stage making the curtains move.....
So if I get trampled on, I now some MODS who can fix us up. :unsure: ;)

Not as cold, 28F heading to 50F.....THAT'S NICE!
Looks like the moderate temps will hang around for a bit.....THAT'S NICE 2!

Coffee of course is up, and my daily CIB'MC' as well......something solid n hot, not yet.

Hope something....let's see....:unsure:....NIFTY awaits All,
Hack

· Super Moderator
35,704 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Rick, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, Hack! Even though it’s not so frigid where you live, I’ve got some hot chocolate for you and Rick if he wants it. As for something solid for breakfast there hot muffins, egg and cheese biscuits, and baked apples.

Looks like there’s shenanigans going on around here today, and it’s not even April Fools’ Day. I’m not talking about you guys this time but the poltergeist that are messing around with approval cues and so forth

Hope you guys don’t encounter any of that sort of stuff at work today.

Lots of love and hugs at best everyone, with grooviness scattered on top!

· Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,804 Posts
Mornin Cath. I will certainly partake of some hot chocolate.

No shenanigans. Just a little Whack-a-Mole first thing this morning. For what ever reason it seems to have been busy on that front across all the sites this morning. Oh, well. It typically ramps up near the US holidays. I think they figure we aren't watching as close with family and celebrations underway.

· Retired Wanderer
22,598 Posts
Morning everyone. Covid is taking out a bunch of folks at work. A good portion of the office is on vacation. Still twice I parked in someone’s spot. There are 30 people and 100 spots. I just stay way out of everyone’s way now.

I am helping out in the QA lab measuring parts half the day to keep on track.

warming up to the 40’s

· Super Moderator
1,804 Posts
Mornin Perry. Yeah, everyone has "their" spot. Same goes for meetings. I always manage to sit in "someones chair" when I first arrive at a new job. Glas this job is going better than the last.

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,748 Posts
Good morning everyone.
It’s not too cold here today. Kind of nice.
Presley will be spending the day here today. Gabi is off from school this eeek but doing something school related. She graduating nursing school December 15th. The cool thing is she already has a job at a local hospital starting out at 37.50 an hour. Not bad for starting pay.

well Presley arrives. Time to go for now

· Super Moderator
24,430 Posts
Morning all,
Frosty overnite but said to be mebbe in the 50’s today,,, fine by me.

A slow start to getting up n attem , but wheels are turning now .

Hope everyone has a great day 👍🏼👍🏼

· Super Moderator
35,704 Posts
Hi Vinnie, Jeff, and Doug!

Good morning everyone.
It’s not too cold here today. Kind of nice.
Presley will be spending the day here today. Gabi is off from school this eeek but doing something school related. She graduating nursing school December 15th. The cool thing is she already has a job at a local hospital starting out at 37.50 an hour. Not bad for starting pay.

well Presley arrives. Time to go for now
Congrats on Gabi graduating from nursing school on December 15! Great news that she has that kind of a starting pay. Good for her!

About that giant goldfish. That is so weird.

Jeff, good to hear that you didn’t have super cold temps last night or today. What are your Thanksgiving plans?

Doug, as usual I hope your delivery day is fairly smooth considering this season of the year. How is JoJo doing?

· Super Moderator
1,804 Posts
The other day we talked about striped bass. So today goldfish. This is one ugly fish. 67 lbs View attachment 245319
Hopefully he keeps it alive. That will be worth insane money to the koi collectors.

EDIT: I went and read the story on line. It is a catch & release operation. Most excellent! The little stream I frequent opens into a marsh and there are "Golden Carp" - basically either large goldfish or goldfish/carp hybrids - nothing near that size though!

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
.......To borrow a phrase from Ghost Busters.....

He's an ugly little spud Vinnie.

Cold but not COLD today on the creek.....think I probably got a little ibigibi as while everyone else was sporting Nanook's wardrobe, I was running around in a T-shirt out on the creek playing in the slips. BUT, by the end of the day, and the breeze whooped up, I enjoyed that 'steam' shower when I got home.

Started prepping for Thanksgiving Dinner here.....15 lbs of white potatoes cooked, and getting ready to slice n doce for the potato salad that Hack wants to try and solo with. Got the Grandbabies over at the moment, and when they leave we shall proceed......the spoon id His.

THAT'S FANTASTIC Vinnie with Gabi! Will that include the 'pinning ceremony' as well the 15th.

Looks like there’s shenanigans going on around here today, and it’s not even April Fools’ Day. I’m not talking about you guys this time but the poltergeist that are messing around with approval cues and so forth
I'm pretty sure we know the culprit.....Rick just Zapped quicker than I could blink. There's so many 'questionable' new members, that's almost a full time job. THANKS to All for the assistance! (y)

Parents are here for the Darling Children, and QUIET shall return momentarily. Then back to the kitchen, and Hack's turn at bat.
Hack

· Retired Wanderer
22,598 Posts
Wow some Chinese restaurant is going to need a bigger aquarium.

One more ten hour day until four days off. I can finally get settled at Noob Manor. The new job and trip to see the family were welcome distractions though.

Have a nice night everyone!

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
THAT'S FUNNY right there Folks! Nice Perry.
Is (4) 10 hr. days going to be your Norm, and 3 days off?

15+lbs of Potato Salad ala Hack.....it was all Him Friends. That's a huge item out of the way to make tomorrow evening easier than usual. Stuffing will be the biggie tomorrow night as far as chewing up time. Pies are tomorrow night as well, Pumpkin and Chocolate Pecans. We 'stuff' the turkey Thursday morning, as well as cutting up the turnips.

Time has gotten away from me.....I better get my little English butt in gear thinking about bed. All this prepping tonight made it feel like tomorrow was the holiday....I gotta get back out on the creek...have a 46 footer meeting me and the lift around 8:30a.

Tootles to Y'All,
Hack

· Super Moderator
24,430 Posts
Evening all,,
Vinnie , saw that monster goldfish too,,, hope he allows/allowed it to go back where it came from( but runs the risk of it getting caught with not great end results) or able to get it to a place that can care for it ,,, public aquarium or someone with a huge pond.
Glad I suppose it was not a koi ,, either way it was likely a carnival prize that soon after bored the kid winner and “adults” 🙄 felt it was proper to release it to the “wild”. Don’t think goldfish are up on the list of high invasive species but also wonder if they ate native fry/fish-livestock or gobbled up native plants and hurt the overall balance where it was .
Looks like it was able to eat more than its body structure/growth could handle.
Short of the nature balance/invasive thing,,, I think it’s cool to see such a behemoth, just wish it’s able to live in a aquarist/pond scenario now 🤞🏻🙏..

Well, today was a “day” at best. Those that might recall, one of my meds( pain) is “out of stock/sorry Charlie” for the recent new monthly script. ( ok it’s Norco)

Ok,, edit here( had a long arse read going here and chose to post “highlights” ,, your welcome haha)
- Called a zillion places to see if they had “it”,, struck out. Expanded my calling range to 40-50 miles north of me- the third Meiers I called DID have em. Called my doc ,left a message to a send a new script there,,, decided to make things easier and headed to the area and shop/visit old coworkers/LFS’s in the hopes of/when the script gets there/filled I’ll be “close “ already 🤔👍🏼🙄. Walked around a Harbor Freight, only HAD to get a few things ,, hit a good LFS I haven’t been to for a while ( mental listing a FW stock selection for the “future”) and visited co-workers I have not seen for a few years .
Gave up and went home,, called doc office and eventually talked to a real person and asked to give my doc assistant a message to check her voice mail and to let her know I “found some” ,,was thinking by the time the doc sent the e-script they would be out of the med,,, story of my life 🙄😢. and I would add the long weekend to the already 5 or so days I’ve been non med’d . Pharmacy called 30 minutes later, ‘puter voice said my script was ready 👍🏼😳🎉. Drove the hour back up there,, and all is good , this month. Told the counter person my recent situation and she said “we usually ALWAYS have “that”🤯.
That info is now burned in my brain bank👍🏼.
So the whimpering crazy pain and hard moving around stuff is in the past.

Remember , THIS is the short story , haha🤔🙄.

Cath, if you’ve read this far, Sis is having t-giving at her place on Friday . Middle nephew is working midnites at the ER hence the day later thing.
Sis has a list of “while yer here” jobs /chores for me , remove the electrical box I put up on her fence for her pond( she is expanding/moving her backyard fence for her dawgs to encompass most of her back yard vs a small(er) footprint so the fence guy can move the panel that the box is mounted to.
,, a section of vinyl siding needs re-securing and currently 2-3 more lil chores “to earn my Turkey Day grub , heheh.

Looks like tomorrow will be in the upper 50’s or better, at least now I can “do” stuff outside etc.👍🏼🤞🏻🙏.

Sorry for the ramble, part of the offgassing of the day I had today 😵‍💫🥴.

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,748 Posts
Good evening everyone.

Presley had a good time today. Be round 3 tomorrow, we may go into town to the lfs. Last night I won 8 jars of pods from algae barn and tonight I won a 75 dollar gift card and a code for buy one get one free. That’s pretty cool. Tomorrow I’ll buy a lottery ticket.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts