The Reef Tank banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I bought a beautiful yellow leather coral last sat. I was wondering if it is getting too much light. In the pic it's on the left hand side of the tank on the btm. The reason I'm asking this question is I was on marine depot and it said leather corals require low lights. My tank is a 150 with 2 175 watt mh with 1500k.
Patrick

Attachments

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,737 Posts
Leather coral live in shallow lagoons in direct sunlight ;) That's not low light.

But they are very adaptable, and can also live very deep (compaired to stony corals) and live there just fine too.

It's all a matter of acclimation, but they will do fine under either high or low light.

Hmmm, yellow leather, I think there is something funny about that one, but I can't put my finger on it,.... I think they are really hard to keep for some reason but I don't remember why.

Whiskey

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
The light is fine I have mine under 250 watters and its growing fast.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks whiskey
I really hope not. It's only been a cpl of days but so far so good.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Yes it is yellow and fairly hardy,it the gorgs Whiskey on the air issue,I have had my yellow on a cutting board before and then back in the tank with no problems.oh yeah some sponges too must not hit the air.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks Casey
does it look like the one inmy tank? I'm hoping its hardy like yours

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
no mine is similar yours is a little more picky than the one I have but yours looks great you got a nice one.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks Kelli
how about flow? The only other place I could put him has mod to high flow?

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I moved it over just a cpl of inches. Now it's getting what I would call mod flow. Thanks Kelli and John

1 - 16 of 16 Posts