The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
19,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....been out looking in the bushes.....

Top of the morning to All, and.....HAPPY THURSDAY!
Coffee is up, and Frosted Blueberry Pop Tarts are riding shotgun with me to the creek this morning......WHY? Just because I can picture Cath rolling Her eyes every time I put down 'cookies'. :ROFLMAO:

Fair chance of something wet this morning, becoming less wet latter, and 80'ish for a high.

Hope a Dr. repeat Jeff is much more favorable for you today?

Let's go make someoine's day better,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,404 Posts
Mornin Skipper. Really nice here today. We had a really good thunderstorm and rain yesterday afternoon and it knocked out the humidity. High of 80 and all sun. I'll take that.

Off to it I suppose. Have a great day.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,640 Posts
Good morning Gentlemen and other folks to follow.

Hack I wish we lived a little closer to the ocean. Buying seafood here usually involves shopping at Whole Paycheck Market. That is $$$.

Busy day at work doing nerdy stuff, then chores at home. Temperatures are back into the tolerable range with no rain in sight.

Have a great day everyone!!

·
Super Moderator
28,186 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Rick, Perry and all of TRT!
Hack, thanks for the frosted blueberry PopTarts. In your honor I will add huge, I mean really huge thick and gooey chocolate chip cookies, and I’ll add toast and English muffins, PB, nanners, and cling peaches.

Hope the rain isn’t so bad that it spoiled part of your day.

Rick, you want nerdy? I can supply you with a lot of music nerd things.

77 already and going up to 93. We’re supposed to have some rain this afternoon but that has been taken off the forecast. That often means we get the rain anyway, which would be very nice.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Super Moderator
28,186 Posts
Good afternoon, everyone!

Vinnie - Eeeesh with your temps today!🥵🙀 Lots of water needed for you guys today! Temps like that can really take the starch out of you! Other than that have a great time with your family.

Doug - Yeeehawwww on wearing shorts to work today! Hope your slide into your weekend is smooth.

Tonight I have a Zoom meeting for my Civitan club. Our name is Sunrise Civitan, but since covid and the pandemic we’ve been meeting at night. Historically our meeting time was every Thursday morning, except for major holidays, at 7:00 a.m. We are thinking about having an in-person meeting once a month, but at 8:00.

Enough of that. Carry on everybody, and make a groovy.

·
Administrator
48,679 Posts
Hola peoples, done for the day, but I get a chance to pickup sat am shift for extra ducats :) Gonna take pup out to river and see how much "Lab" she has in her. then load up for early garbage run. Predicted hi 85, its already 89 and an he to go yet before temps peak. When I get back need to do maint on ac, fir/sat/sun sposed to push 100+
my friend has in law in town this weekend so he is taking them out to the lake on 24" Suntracker, party barge.
Gonna try and renew van registration online

·
Administrator
19,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have several similar THINGS at our place, and are fairly popular round here. I have never been on one, but they look like grooviness on a calm lake/back bay.
Hack
my friend has in law in town this weekend so he is taking them out to the lake on 24" Suntracker, party barge.

·
Super Moderator
22,643 Posts
Afternoon/evening all,
Today’s follow up/ check of yesterday’s rebandage’n on my low back went “ok”, prob not enuf time for me to work the tape/steri-strips loose, heheh.
Incision was still a bit “weepy” so things got redone and then some. Still have to take birdbaths and no showers yet,🥴😩,,, next appt is Tuesday, fingers crossed.

Since Molly the macaw and the others road trip is tomorrow for wing / nail trims, why not check just now to see if Molly fits in the acrylic travel crate I got her months ago🙄🥴. Luckily she does , so no trimming /removing a lower section of the rear panel, for a maybe too long tail.
2 hr trip one way, gonna “pack” for any from the norm excursion stuff, water, spray bottle ( in case the A/C goes out in the truck etc) will put a folding wire Dawg crate in the truck bed,, in case the clear transport crate does not pan out . The other boids will travel in plastic dog crates,,, no brainer.

On to the rest of the day , doing “nothing “🙄🥴😩🥺😡

• Sad
Reactions: Tinsnips and cath

·
Administrator
19,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A handful of Hotdogs purely because they were there.......they're 'growing old' as well.

No heat wave here, but pleasant 'summer weather......80's and sunshine, and a gentle breeze. Good day to get payed for working on the creek.....I feel soooooo selfish. ;)

THANKS for that cookie this morning Cath......reminds me I've got to go locate something completely unhealthy, and stupid for my desert cravings now.
Hack

·
Administrator
48,679 Posts
Took the pup tp water, she had a good time bit if she was with another water dog i am sure she would get into the groove.
Bummer on Dr report but know from persona; exp as we age we hea; when we heal. Egroll and fried/grilled zuchinni to night. Girgee slipped out of her new Harness, gack it was not cheap but importanly it hase her Lic/Rabies tage and her name/my phone number.
I do have paper copy of theat on my desk ( SOMEWHERE) but I need to find it

·
Administrator
19,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Bro.....
Hack I wish we lived a little closer to the ocean. Buying seafood here usually involves shopping at Whole Paycheck Market. That is $$$.
We'll get a bag of Top Necks on occasion, but the 'All you can eat seafood fest' needs to coincide with extra mula showing up.....in this case our 4th of July bonus at work.......THAT WAY I don't have to ask and sheepishly check my pockets, I just tell them what I want, and pretend not to bat an eye. :rolleyes:
NOTHING'S CHEAP ANY MORE round here Perry....them in charge have gone off the deep end.
Hack

·
Administrator
19,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
......But it is nice to walk the banks and kick up a few dozen clams to take home from work. (y):cool:
Hack

·
Administrator
48,679 Posts
I miss living over on Aunts Dairy ranch in Northern Cal back in the day. 80 acres of bird abd deer hunting, right up next to Sand Dunes that seperated from a killer beachm great clamming at low tide, good surf fishing at high tide and salmon and candlefis runs a half mile from the sea. The smoker on the ranch for fish and sausage was bigger than a 3 holer out house, like 8x10 shep with seperate smoker feeding in. At real low tide during prime clam season the big old witches pot that used to be soap and hog dippin cane out for cooking up tons of crab and clams

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
27,876 Posts
Way back when , you know when don’t you?
Well anyway the moral of the story is “ One should never be where one does not belong” I think Bob Dylan said that. I was watching a movie one time, and it starred Gregory Peck.

·
Super Moderator
28,186 Posts
Afternoon/evening all,
Today’s follow up/ check of yesterday’s rebandage’n on my low back went “ok”, prob not enuf time for me to work the tape/steri-strips loose, heheh.
Incision was still a bit “weepy” so things got redone and then some. Still have to take birdbaths and no showers yet,🥴😩,,, next appt is Tuesday, fingers crossed.

Since Molly the macaw and the others road trip is tomorrow for wing / nail trims, why not check just now to see if Molly fits in the acrylic travel crate I got her months ago🙄🥴. Luckily she does , so no trimming /removing a lower section of the rear panel, for a maybe too long tail.
2 hr trip one way, gonna “pack” for any from the norm excursion stuff, water, spray bottle ( in case the A/C goes out in the truck etc) will put a folding wire Dawg crate in the truck bed,, in case the clear transport crate does not pan out . The other boids will travel in plastic dog crates,,, no brainer.

On to the rest of the day , doing “nothing “🙄🥴😩🥺😡
With all these descriptions of your beautiful Molly McCaw…. It would be great to have a photo of her again, and your two Sun Conyers too. Purty pleze?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts