The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......Only meant in the real sense, not metaphorically. 馃榿

Good *orning One n All and, "cough cough", HAPPY *ONDAY!

Started *y *orning reading about Buddy......SO VERY SORRY Jeff. Never easy.....
ust have been an emotional rollercoaster for You this weekend.....Max finding a forever ho*e and Buddy going home. All of Us I' sure *orn with You today.

Coffee is on twice......forgot to *ake it last night, so when the switch went on this *orning, it just war*ed up yesterday's left over......Just *ade a 1/2 pot now to get *e through the *orning.

Another HOT one, upper 90's, with potentially SEVER T/Ss this afternoon.
Then a handful of days only in the Mid to high 80's....better break out the furry bikinis.

Peace and nifty things to All,
Hack

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On the SCALE of 'NONE and SOME', this weekend was indeed some of THAT. Probably our largest 'who to do' since the world went on hold for COVID. Had two+ days of fun being shared with Others, mostly Families, with a straggler or 2. Yesterday probably tickled round-about 20'ish, and Saturday perhaps nearer to 12'ish.......no, we seldom go by 'ticket count'.

My hearing returned quite a bit, but Jen informed those she talked to about stopping by to 'holler at me'......yesterday was LOUD! :ROFLMAO:

Yesterday was a prime example why I dislike shindigging on a Sunday/Holiday evening......have to pull the plug way to early because of work the next day.......sad having to ride the breaks when things are rolling so nice.:(
Hack

Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
Mornin Hack. Top of the day to ya. Mornin to all else who file in here hoping Cath has muffins.

Cooler and humidity is gone. Much better out there. Maybe I can get that tank scrubbed tonight. The boy heads home Wednesday so I need to get it done while I have some muscle around to help me shuffle it about as needed.

Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
Good morning hack, Rick and all to follow.

by the sounds of it, you northeasters are experiencing hotter weather than we are. We are in the upper 80s and maybe to the mid 90s during the day. But we have been getting rain showers that cools everything off in the afternoon and evenings.

today just gonna do some more yardwork and work around the house on my aquariums and that鈥檚 about it.

Have a great Monday y鈥檃ll stay cool.

Super Moderator
Good mawnin鈥, Hack, Rick, Vinnie, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, Hack. Sorry to be so late to chime in for the day. Rick, I鈥檓 glad you asked about muffins. I magically have some banana nut muffins and peach muffins are both made with fresh fruit. None of this fake stuff which I can鈥檛 stand. Rick, I know you鈥檙e already at work, but I have a magic way of getting those muffins to you so you could have them during the day. Plenty for everyone.

Hack - I hope your day doesn鈥檛 take the starch out of you. Be groovy, and take care of your good self. And if your boss doesn鈥檛 see the need for you to take care of yourself, you do it anyway! I think all of us would agree to that.

Rick - that sounds like a great project to do with your son. That will get your momentum going, not that you would need that kind of nudge.

Vinnie, have fun doing chores and maintenance today. Enjoy that rain when it comes your way.
You are right about the northeast. A friend of mine lives near Boston, and he said it鈥檚 as bad as he seen in a very long time. They have been without rain, so his lawn is turning brown.

today I feel kind of yucky. Worse than yesterday. I have a runny nose and a dry cough and just overall listless. Bobbi is going to get some things for me at the grocery store. Hopefully I can get a prescription for an antiviral drug to help me combat Covid.

Today I鈥檓 going to try hard to be really groovy. I鈥檒l start by getting dressed. That always helps.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

Administrator
Good Morning Everyone, dry, and 63F at present. Highs today will be from 98 to 105 depending on weather source, but ya its gonna be HOT. We are supposed to get a large greenhouse fan installed to suck the excess heat out of the store. After owner gets back from Cabo he is looking into HVAC upgrade. Gotta find new guy to do it seeing as local across the street who does HVAC got into legal issues chasing down thieves who stole from him. It seems you can't chase them into next county and shoot them while trying to escape. It is going to be a long hot day at work, I don't mind so much but the ladies who are in charge and put in a lot of hrs are getting burned out (pun alert) The young fellas that do the late shift really get it as they come on shift at the hottest part of the day.
Other than that nothing new and exciting to report. Hopefully the day goes easy on you all, Hack pace your self, Rick and Vinnny hope the day cruises for you. Did you ever get propane all delivered and good to go?
Cath, hopefully symptoms dont get worse, good luck getting meds needed. I believe the trick is to get on MCA as soon as possible after onset of symptoms. With the medical situation being what it is it seems like the big push is vax,vax ,vax inspite of never ending flip flops on how effective it is. Off my soap box but hope you get what you need and take care of your wonderful self.
Have a great day every one

Administrator
Good on system up and ready, i can see that being a life save if you get heat induced power outages. It obviously gets real hot here but usually as the heat increases humidity goes down. High heat and low humidity is real dangerous in a wild fire situation but for normal work comfort it makes it tolerable

Super Moderator
Afternoon all,,

Hack, having a big pack might make it hard to put a name with a muzzle,,
Buddy was my old guy that crossed over ,,
Max is my long hair Doxie /foster failure with the bad back /slipped disc issues( more about him below )
Fosters Herbie and Stewy were the fellas getting their forever home over weekend.
King the GSD
Scruffy the 40# terrier mix
Dexter the lil Doxie dude
Higgins-wired haired Doxie dude,,
And if you want to update your scorecard, even tho the pregnancy is to be confirmed this week, my GSD pup this Oct.鈥檌sh will be named Brady, hehe.

Took Buddy to the vet this morning for cremation,,
Then took Max to the vet this afternoon for a follow up check and cold laser therapy session. The vet was blown away with how Max is progressing with his bathroom habits/ability, and when she set him on the ground in one corner of the exam room, and Max walked to the opposite corner with no 鈥渨obble鈥 and just a slight 鈥渉unch鈥 in his back ( normal per the vet)
From when he went 鈥渄own鈥 and how he is now, she said he is recovering VERY well in the 2 weeks or so .
The vet staff made a plaster impression of Buddy鈥檚 paw,.. it was very sweet and I鈥檓 so grateful 鉂(Pic below) Every staff member I saw stopped and offered their condolences,, most of them I never met before鉂.

Hope everyone is having a great day 馃憤馃徏

Super Moderator
Jeff- Thanks for the rollcall of your pack. That鈥檚 a good feeling for everyone in the vet office to offer their condolences on your loss of Buddy. I look forward to hearing more about that new little GSD puppy coming your way.

Please post the photo of the image of Buddy鈥檚 paw print.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Product Green Food Happy Grass

Here Ya go Cath........no snot can defeat it! ;)
Hope this stays mild for you and passes quickly......Even prayers are sent your way.(y)

Heat of the afternoon T/Ss rolling through here......another scorcher, but an off shore breeze kept it under control.
THAT'S quite a score card Jeff.....THANKS. SORRY I had the wrong 'forever home alum' posted.....I just had Max in my head lately with all the updates with Him.....and GREAT NEWS today with Him at the vet.(y)

Grilled cheese on rye, with those round green things rolling around on the plate......round food should be illegal! But willing to make the exception for olives.......but they better toe the line.

Hack

Administrator
After eve Gang, Survived work, was warm but heat doesn't peak here till 3-4, Had to run into town and grab pool chems, saw 107 in pavement jungle, its a much easier 103/4 out here in the sticks. Got pool maint done, grandkids are on way out to my house to swim in pool. Got halfway through post and power went out. power co days maybe by 1030 pm. Drove 15 iles to store where I can get LTE data and get online. Trying to get tablet charged so I can watch saved movie on Netflix. I need to get a backup power bank. Gonna try post a vid clip of flailing puppy pool
Dog Automotive tire Plant Tire Working animal

Administrator
Anyway power came back 2 hrs ahead of their estimate :)

I can not get this vid to save and find so I can attach to post to save my sorry but :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts