The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Top of the morning Doug.....let's see if'n we can't time this just right.....
Good morning Everyone and HAPPY TUESDAY!

Gonna keep this short and see who collides with who...
Coffee is on to warm up this 30 degree morning, but headed to 50.
The Capt'n will be joining us.
Peace,
Hack

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
HUH..... 馃 .....Must have headed back down the hallway?
The cooler parts of the fall are trying to edge this way, but every once in a while a 'warm day' pops in......gonna have uppers 40 to 50, with a 69 degree day in the middle......nights are dipping to the low 30's, and next week we'll be seeing our first highs in the 40's.

How's Everyone doing remembering THANKSGIVING is just next week? Got our turkey yesterday, and spent the night in the van while we adjust our freezers to make room for a 20 pounder.....hope I remember to bring it in before I head off to work and actually get it in a freezer.
So far we're just expecting the Sams to be joining us.....but we remain 'flexible'.

Getting near THAT time to start thinking about getting ready for work,
Hack

Super Moderator
Good nawnin鈥, Hack, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and Cap鈥檔 Crunch. I have Cream of Wheat with added blueberries, walnuts, cinnamon, and a tad of maple syrup. Hot chocolate for your commute, Hack.

Thought I鈥檇 pop in early today. Thanks for your compliments last night.

Jeff - I had no idea how large Macaws are, or how LOUD! Do you have ear protection?
Hope the vet can figure out what鈥檚 going on with your wire hair doxie so he feels better soon!

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

Administrator
Morning all 41 here heading to 45 for a high. No fog but cold and damp, work will probably be miserable.
Order day so it will be crazy as usual.
Hope the day treats you all well, Vinny good look at LFS

Super Moderator
Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse and fresh water
Made it back from LFS, picked up some stuff
RBTA , beautiful color and decent size two clowns, pajamas cardinal, green kenya tree for large tank and regular kenya tree for seahorse tank and some more snails
Blue Azure Underwater Purple anemone fish

Water Vertebrate Blue Natural environment Marine invertebrates

Water Blue Natural environment Fluid Liquid

Water Blue Vertebrate Purple Fin

Super Moderator
I almost replied to the new thread today but realized it in fact does not read "What method do you check your sanity? I wouldn't be much help in either case.
Probably not

Super Moderator
I forgot I also picked up the Kreisel tank. It鈥檚 custom made and done very well, 30x30 has area for biological filter and a protein skimmer which is how you get the water movement instead of a pump. It has lights. He went to macna and met the builder and had is made. I got it really cheap. In the past I made my own which I still have. But this is nice
Automotive tire Home appliance Gas Automotive exterior Major appliance

Grey Composite material Gas Rectangle Font

Road surface Automotive tire Manhole cover Asphalt Manhole

Automotive exterior Bumper Gas Mesh Auto part

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To be frank,
I would have to change my name.
Took me all blasted day for THAT to sink in......NICE! Some of Y'Alls just got to move closer.....the bonfires we'd chew the fat around would be epic!

Hack

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hot dogs for dinner folks......nothing Y'All need a table cloth for.....just feet up comfy food.

Was on the low side of the ole chill-o-meter at the creek with a fir breeze assisting it to stay down. Low of 30 tonight, high about 55 tomorrow, and Thursday 70! And another (!) reserved for Friday that will then be in the low 40's! Mother Nature is picking up some of our Vinnie's bad habits.....humor'ly speaking.... 馃榿

Doug you're starting to keep some strange hours prowling around here in the dark in the wee hours......really drug my feet this morning in case you wanted to 'play through', but you vanished.......hope this TRTI passes soon.

Time to go on the hunt for something sweet,
Peace and giggles,
Hack

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
......Oooooops....
Nice haul today Vinnie! Can't make head or tails out of that new contraption of your's, but sure it's cool!馃:cool:
Looking forward to seeing this new fangled 'Green' Kenya growing in your system.....will be keeping my eyes peeled.
Hack

Super Moderator
Was on the low side of the ole chill-o-meter at the creek with a fir breeze assisting it to stay down. Low of 30 tonight, high about 55 tomorrow, and Thursday 70! And another (!) reserved for Friday that will then be in the low 40's! Mother Nature is picking up some of our Vinnie's bad habits.....humor'ly speaking.... 馃榿
I was correct, see the days are getting shorter. (y)

Super Moderator
......Oooooops....
Nice haul today Vinnie! Can't make head or tails out of that new contraption of your's, but sure it's cool!馃:cool:
Looking forward to seeing this new fangled 'Green' Kenya growing in your system.....will be keeping my eyes peeled.
Hack
Think of when you go to a public aquarium, the jellyfish tanks and how the jellyfish stay suspended in motion. Seahorses fry also need to stay in motion for the 1鈥檚t 14 days, if they snuck air by floating to top it will kill them. The motion keep them moving and suspended.
The guy that built this builds for public aquariums mostly.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
... 馃 ....OHHHhhhhhhh!馃憤
Hack

Super Moderator
Good evening, guys!

Vinnie - You got some real beauties today!
That contraption to use in your seahorse tank is impressive.

Hack - Your temps are much like ours鈥 up to 72 on Thursday, the a high of 58 on Friday. The
nights will be in the 30s. Not nearly enough rain, though. The trees are in glorious color right now. I鈥檒l try to get some photos.

Grooviness to all, and to all a good night.

PS: I never liked scrapple as a child. And now I鈥檓 off the hook because 1) I鈥檓 a veggie 2) not much down here anyway. 馃槀

Super Moderator
Ha ha, Atlanta trip is back on, Kristine鈥檚 mom has step to many rules for us concerning covid and masks if we visit someone unvaccinated. Meaning we would have to wear a mask in her house. It鈥檚 her house and I respect that but we both don鈥檛 want to deal with it.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good night Cath! This has been the best year in YEARS for fall colors......in recent years it's gone from 'summer' straight to 'winter' weather.....the change was fast, and perhaps 2-3 weeks of peak color. This year we had fall.....a gradual transition like the old days, and our colors have been breath taken....been colored up since late September, and still worth a Sunday drive to look at them. WAY TO GO MOTHER NATURE! Take THAT 'global warming'!
("Oh dear, I'm gonna catch crud now....")
Hack

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ha ha, Atlanta trip is back on, Kristine鈥檚 mom has step to many rules for us concerning covid and masks if we visit someone unvaccinated. Meaning we would have to wear a mask in her house. It鈥檚 her house and I respect that but we both don鈥檛 want to deal with it.
HAPPY/SAD/AIN'T SURE...... 馃 :confused:.......Sorry that there's THAT in a Family environment, but Capt'n Trips has done THAT to US. It is a strange bridge we cross......

GLAD though that you get to go to Atlanta though.....I still want to!
Hack

1 - 20 of 21 Posts