The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
20,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......and as Elmer would say, 'A welly welly wet won....'.

Good onrning, and HAPPY *ONDAY TO ALL! And I use () loosely as I seriously doubt this will be *uch *ore than a round trip to look at the rain from a different location.

Coffee is on, and there's bagels out of the kazoo.....were on sale at the Ac*e yesterday......Blueberry, 'Everything', Onion, and Cheese.

Grab your umbrellas and let's go get it,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,786 Posts
Mornin Hack. Cinniminimon buns and coffee on this side of the table. Clear skies & low 40's to start the day - sunny and 60 or so this afternoon. Man Mother Nature sure threw a tantrum the last week or so. Holy smokes! Some of the pictures are incredible.

Hope all have a spiffy day.

·
Retired Wanderer
22,583 Posts
Thought we tossed our five days of crappy weather over the fence Hack. Now I see it's off the Atlantic. Not my ocean.

Rick that was just brutal devastation. Pulling the trigger on a generator.

Local news today is that some guys that won a huge fishing tournament put weights in the fish. They ran for their truck and are still driving. They won before and fraud charges are coming.

I buffed out my used car stem to stern. Now just need snow tires and bring on winter. Nice to see out of my windows and watch the paint just gleam.

Enjoy the day folks.

·
Super Moderator
35,677 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Rick, Perry, and all of TRT!

Hack and Rick, thank you so much for the breakfast choices! I will add nanners and local apples.

Hack - oh boy! You get to play store manager today. Hurry up and go to the creek to tell everybody they get to go home and then you come back. How does that sound?🤪

Mornin Hack. Cinniminimon buns and coffee on this side of the table. Clear skies & low 40's to start the day - sunny and 60 or so this afternoon. Man Mother Nature sure threw a tantrum the last week or so. Holy smokes! Some of the pictures are incredible.

Hope all have a spiffy day.
That’s a pretty apt description of Ian. What a mess he created. And now we have two more lining up to see what mayhem they can cause.
Here’s to that spiffy day!☕☕

Perry, how dare those guys cheat like that at fishing! What a bunch of lowlifes. I hope their fannies get caught really soon.
Yup, you need a generator.

I’ve been have a ringing in my ears for years. But my right ear has suddenly gotten worse. And it’s a different pitch than the other ringing. Does that make sense? So today I’m going to an ear doctor to get my ears cleaned out.

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,786 Posts
Mornin Perry & Cath.

I saw the video of the fish getting weights pulled out of them. They had also stuffed hunks of fish fillet into them to weigh them down. They are lucky they didn't get jumped at the weigh in when that happened. I expect law suits are on the way for a number of people.

Cath I have persistent Tinitius & it is quieter at times & very loud in others. Do have it checked out by an audiologist if you can. I find both ears are usually the same "volume". There are many causes of ringing & being in just one ear there may be a secondary underlying cause they can help with.

·
Administrator
20,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good morning Friends!

Hack - oh boy! You get to play store manager today. Hurry up and go to the creek to tell everybody they get to go home and then you come back. How does that sound?🤪
Like a chipper of an idea Girl! ("Rick got me started with 'spiffy', so the gates are opened now.") (y)
Home all safe and comfy.......a few boards missing on the docks, and a half sunk boat that I brought back from the precipice("WOW....THAT I spelled right?:unsure::cautious:")
Stayed long enough for the boss to check in from Maine, and him telling me I might as well go home.....OK!

Seen 'cheats' my whole life, and still don't see the thrill......there's just different kinds of people in this goofy world.

Hack

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,717 Posts
Good morning everyone. In Belen NM.
Beautiful weather here. We are tired. King trip and not as easy driving these days.
Today is just relaxing kind of day. Not much planned.
here is a good example of landscaping here in New Mexico.,
Cloud Plant Sky Property Plant community

Branch Natural landscape Tree Vegetation Road surface

Wheel Plant Automotive tire Road surface Wood

·
Administrator
20,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GLAD all is well with Y'All......THANKS!
Hack

·
Super Moderator
24,420 Posts
Just turned afternoon here , all

Put in some time in the pole barn, then ran 2 file cabinets worth of “paper”(300# easy) to recycle. Consisted of old radio/tv repair manuals etc,,, auction stuff I got a while back,,, not in my realm of radio collecting,, and now with that stuff available online,, no desire for that stuff nowadaze.
On the way home I stopped at my restaurant equipment buy/sell buddy to catch up on “stuff”.
Talk turned into my asking if he had a trailer that could haul a car, and told him why. He has a tilt bed equipment trailer that’ll do the job just fine. Trailer too big n heavy for my “lil” 1/2 ton truck, he volunteered bringing his dually and and trailer to bring home the Mercury . Now instead of my renting a UHaul trailer, I just gotta fill up a dually fuel tank for the favor 👍🏼.

After a sitdown reboot, and feed the dawgs, will go back out to the 3 garage and clear space for the Mercury,,,,

Add me to the list of those with ringing ears Cath 🥴

Hope everyone is having a great day 👍🏼

·
Administrator
20,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
THANKS for the updates/pictures Pal! When is the 'balloon fest'?

A table full of Roast Pork n cheese sliders, with plenty of horseradish if you wish. Jewish Apple cake for desert as well as funnel cake just for giggles will be forth coming......loosen the belts!

Nice that you were able to hook up with your Friend Jeff......far better funneling funds to a friend rather than big-box. (y) Though we were all hoping for the pictures of you cruising home in it waving to the camera.:unsure::cool:

Hack

·
Super Moderator
35,677 Posts
Hi, guys!

Hack - Well tomorrow be a rinse and repeat thing at the creek? Surely your boss is not hovering over you from Maine to make sure that you’re really there.😂

Doug - I hope you get to visit Jojo in the hospital. Hopefully he’s healing in many ways.

Vinnie, it’s so good to hear from you! Thanks for the photos of Belen and the typical NM Xeriscaping. Dining some wide-open spaces out there. What route did you drive to get from where you live to New Mexico? Highway 10?

Jeff! - what a sweet deal for your friend to offer to take Trevor Merc back to your place. Paying for gasoline is a small price.. well…. Plus you had a chance to visit with a longtime friend. Nothin’ like it.

The trip to the your doctor went well. First things first, my ears needed to be cleared of the wax buildup. That right there improved my overall hearing, and the extra ringing in my right ear disappeared. The. hearing test was really interesting. I found out that my left ear had a little more hearing loss than the right ear, but neither one of them were very bad. In fact, doc said I didn’t have to come back for four or five years unless I had a problem. As for the tinnitus, that can’t be corrected. So all is groovy. Rick, thanks again for your comments about your first hand knowledge of tinnitus.

Grooviness all around tonight!

·
Administrator
20,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Cath......glad to hear, ("Get it?"), you had your hearing dealt with so fast. (y)
My ears have rung louder than the bells of St. mary's since I got out of the service. They tested my hearing when i was being processed out and said you've lost some hearing....DUH!
Of course nothing ever came of that, and I never looked into that.....just hard hearing over all the ringing. Probably worsening over the years, but a part of aging. last summer there was about 1-2 weeks where the hearing completely left my right ear....THAT really got my attention. Was told it was an infection, and got drops for it....it worked. Now I can hear the ringing just as good in both ears again.
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
22,583 Posts
Good morning Friends!

Like a chipper of an idea Girl! ("Rick got me started with 'spiffy', so the gates are opened now.") (y)
Home all safe and comfy.......a few boards missing on the docks, and a half sunk boat that I brought back from the precipice("WOW....THAT I spelled right?:unsure::cautious:")
Stayed long enough for the boss to check in from Maine, and him telling me I might as well go home.....OK!

Seen 'cheats' my whole life, and still don't see the thrill......there's just different kinds of people in this goofy world.

Hack
could be worse

In Atlanta off to Bama

1 - 20 of 27 Posts