The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· kid impersonator
23,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy weekend all :wavey:

2 of my SIL's are moving into the other house this weekend, so I'll be watching them move

(who'd a thunk that a back injury could be so convenient with getting out of lifting heavy crap)

· Premium Member
17,615 Posts
Happy Saturday, Everybody! :)

(who'd a thunk that a back injury could be so convenient with getting out of lifting heavy crap)
Always good to look on the bright side of things. :thumbup:

One of my herniated discs has been out all week but still had to work late hours each day. Good thing I've got a sit-down job.

More action tonight with the second performance of "Cheaper By The Dozen" with my daughter in the role of the mother. First performance last night was great!

Have a Super Saturday, Everybody!

Dick:)

· Retired Wanderer
22,709 Posts
Morning guys and gals.

KIA given the track record with your SIL I figured you would suck it up and help move.

Dick I bet Fishgirl did great in her new acting gig.

Well after being up all night installing the new laptop and creating the wireless network I am stuck. The office computer prompts you to create a disk to install the network in the other computer, but it is a stupid floppy which the laptop won't take. It doesn't give you an option.

At least the printer and laptop see the network and the WEP security works great. There were seven or eight wireless nets out there from the neighbors and most of them had no protection.

I am going to get some rest and then try and figure out some other way, or maybe Whiskey is all over this as he got A's on his tests.

Have a good Saturday!

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,989 Posts
Good morning everyone!!!!

starting out late today, don't know if I will just make the cook out or do some work and sample some food at the green egg cook off,

Perry I always hitch hike on other peoples networks

· Premium Member
17,615 Posts
Morning & Vince!
Morning guys and gals.
Well after being up all night installing the new laptop and creating the wireless network I am stuck. The office computer prompts you to create a disk to install the network in the other computer, but it is a stupid floppy which the laptop won't take. It doesn't give you an option.
I had a similar issue and picked up an external floppy drive. Cheap and effective.

· Super Moderator
35,880 Posts
Good morning, everyone :wavey:

Coffee is ready and water at the boil for tea. Omelets with fixings, English muffins, and SC strawberries for breakfast.

So you get to hone your supervising skills, KIA. They might want to be the mess officer, though ;) Of course, you are a good cook anyway.

starting out late today, don't know if I will just make the cook out or do some work and sample some food at the green egg cook off,
Green eggs and Ham cook off?

Dick - Tell FishGirl we're proud of her! Break a leg, M.E.

Perry - oh boyeee puter fun on the weekend. I know you'll have fun with it somehow.

Bob is in Connecticut visiting his folks for the whole week :eek: I better get going with chores, then going to a wedding this afternoon.

Byeeeeee :wavey:

· Retired Wanderer
22,709 Posts
Evening everyone. Got my computer stuff sorted out. For being just some dude having a secure network and being able to sit downstairs and print to the big office printer upstairs is an achievement.

We got a ton of herbs and some tomatoes but it might freeze tonight so we'll plant tomorrow. It will be in the 70's all week when we of course are at work.

Got the controller for the heat and AC changed out and some sundry stuff so it was an okay day. My buddy Jerry came over to and filled up a growler with Fat Tire. He came over and let my dog out one day so we could have some refreshments with our dentist up at the slopes and come home late. Friends like that need to be taken care of accordingly.

· Premium Member
27,090 Posts
Good Evening and Happy weekend to everyone!:wavey:

It's a working weekend for me. We did have a company picnic this afternoon so that ate up part of the day. Good food and good drinks!

· Administrator
61,383 Posts
Evening everyone. Got my computer stuff sorted out. For being just some dude having a secure network and being able to sit downstairs and print to the big office printer upstairs is an achievement.

We got a ton of herbs and some tomatoes but it might freeze tonight so we'll plant tomorrow. It will be in the 70's all week when we of course are at work.

Got the controller for the heat and AC changed out and some sundry stuff so it was an okay day. My buddy Jerry came over to and filled up a growler with Fat Tire. He came over and let my dog out one day so we could have some refreshments with our dentist up at the slopes and come home late. Friends like that need to be taken care of accordingly.
Good beer is coin of the realm and always appreciated, but what is a "growler"?

· Administrator
61,383 Posts
Happy Saturday everyone

No roller skating injuries for me Yippeeee

just a busy run around day for me I hope tomorrow is more relaxing
Good on no injuries, I have a pair of near new roller blades, only fallen on once.

KIA that avatar is disturbing

Kewl on the picnic Eric, I am about to go take the chicken off the grill, taking a break from rolling the newly seeded lawn

· Retired Wanderer
22,709 Posts
Good beer is coin of the realm and always appreciated, but what is a "growler"?
These are I think about a half gallon jug, and there are microbreweries all over. When you bring back your growler they fill them for 6 or 7 bucks.

I would come home every week from Breck with one of Oatmeal Stout for cooking and sipping and another of Pandora's Bock for drinking.

They also have a cork law in this state which lets them recork a bottle of wine at a restaurant and lop off the top of the cork. That lets you have a glass with dinner and not have to down the bottle keeping you safe and letting you have some overpriced wine the next day at home.

· Administrator
61,383 Posts
These are I think about a half gallon jug, and there are microbreweries all over. When you bring back your growler they fill them for 6 or 7 bucks.

I would come home every week from Breck with one of Oatmeal Stout for cooking and sipping and another of Pandora's Bock for drinking.

They also have a cork law in this state which lets them recork a bottle of wine at a restaurant and lop off the top of the cork. That lets you have a glass with dinner and not have to down the bottle keeping you safe and letting you have some overpriced wine the next day at home.
Ah, OK , gotcha :)

· Super Moderator
35,880 Posts
Hi, everyone -

Not much interesting to report here. The wedding and reception were fun. The had fixings for ice cream sundaes. Yummm.

Nitee nite, all.

· Professional Tread Killer
1,931 Posts
bad day here.. had to put down one of our dogs.. poor dog was abused before we got her. she started getting irratated easly and bitting. had to put her down.. going to really miss her too.. such a good dog otherwise. i think what really makes me mad about having to do this is it wasn't her fault.

on the bright side of things.. i was given a 55 gallon saltwater tank. well.. almost a saltwater tank.. lol. it needs a few things. it wasn't set up the way i like them. no big.. i can deal with that. i have most of what i need anyway. i may even put the stuff in the other tanks and turn this one into a planted tank for the wife..

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.