The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......Rain and a touch of wind leads us into the day around here. Calling for light rain this morning with thunder storms this afternoon.

Good morning all you Groovy People, and......HAPPY FRIDAY!
Heading to the creek this morning with my wipers on, and don't think the day will improve beyond 'yuckie'.

So far PLAN-A is a go for us to leave whenever I get home from work tomorrow, and head to North Carolina. .....Spend the night, and meet up with Jen's Sister Sunday morning and bring our new puppy home. Fingers crossed, and getting EXCITED!

Hope there's grooviness ahead for All today,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,223 Posts
Good mawnin’, and all of TRT!

Hack, oh buddy, oh pal... Wot, no coffee or eats this am? Could be someone is thinking about Elsa and about the new doggie.v😂

Coffee is up, and scrambled egg and cheese bagels. Rosemary toast to be ad as well.Fresh fruit cup on the side.

What is your destination in NC?

Presently sunny and 81, with possible thunderstorms in the afternoon.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Administrator
47,030 Posts
Morning Hack and Cath, 103f on menu today, i would love some of your rain.
Road trip and a puppy, ye haw :)
No clue what today holds yet,
be safe out there

·
16,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do Y'All know how to get a sunny summer time Friday off from work? Whelp, pull up a log, this will take a spell.......

20210709_111355_resized.jpg

20210709_111113_resized.jpg

20210709_111253.jpg

Have a tornado pass through!

Got to work.....well tried my typical hour early, and spent all THAT TIME trying to actually get to the boatyard.
Have to cross a bridge to get there from the mainland, or from the seaside.......THAT BRIDGE had 7 telephone polls with all the wires taken out and strewn about. After exhausting every possible option, and the cop at the foot of the bridge telling me I can't even walk across because of all the downed power wires, I went to PLAN, let's see, 🤔 .....PLAN-F. I put my keys and phone in my hard hat, and swam across the creek. I'm pretty sure the cop thought about shooting me, but I had sinking boats to get to.

After I told the boss I made it in, and how, he came by dingy from his house. There was a few boats that needed a little attention.....mostly full of water from the deluge we had last night. NO TORNADO DAMAGE, thank God to our yard, other than wires. Power will be out all day according to sources. Boss decided this was bordering on STUPID, so he drove me in his boat across the creek, and we'all went home.

THAT WAS EXCITING!

·
16,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
......EXCUSE ME, I wasn't finished!

Now where was I......🤔......

Oh, yeah! Now on a lighter note......as I was checking the docks this morning I came across this.....
20210709_103944.jpg

A Great Blue Heron, and the nesting Ospreys.

Now I'm done, thank you very much!
Hack

·
16,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Cath,,,,,,
We're meeting up with Jen's Sister in Greensboro, NC on 85. Leaving as soon as I get home from work tomorrow, what ever form THAT will take. Hoping a 7-8 hrs. of driving, barring any massive stupidity on the roads.
Hack
What is your destination in NC?

·
16,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Of course I had to try the new 'reactions' out on Y'All!
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,223 Posts
Good evening!

Hack - Yeah that was an exciting day! Sounds like some kind of triathlon, complete with photo coverage. 🥇
Cool photos of the Great Blue Heron and nesting Ospreys, too!

Of course I had to try the new 'reactions' out on Y'All!
Hack
Oh yeah!🥳

Hace a safe and fun trip tomorrow..... Don’t want you to have to call The Sams to come and help you.

Grooviness reigns tonight.

·
Administrator
47,030 Posts
Wow Hack that is EPIC, so did you get the half day off early

1 - 9 of 9 Posts