The Reef Tank banner

A dreaded question

5K views 133 replies 25 participants last post by  ReefDave 
#1 ·
Ive been dreading asking this, hoping I could just "figure it out". But for three weeks I have searched, and read, and waited and watched, and even visisted one night in the chat....but for the life of me I can't figure out what the "j crowd" is.

I soooo didn't want to ask. Had to be "coooool" act like I already knew...no big thing...but I can't take it anymore.....

#2 ·
With a name thats starts with a D ya cant be a mamber sorry hehehhehe

Jeff

PS thus the J crowd

#3 ·
I don't know...I am Jeremy, and I am not part of the "J" crowd. :) Maybe I don't have enough posts yet. heh heh Or I havn't provided a "REAL" pic of my tank yet. ;) ;) ;) heh heh

#4 ·
Jeremey you are under serious consideration to be a member of the "J" crowd. The other members and me will probably have a meeting sometime soon to discuss your eligibilty to join this very elite group of individuals!:D

#5 ·
Being a Sr member of the J crowd i will put it up to a vote of the other members to see if you may join. hehehhe

Ya know there is a join up fee of 4 sps frags to each member

Jeff

What ya think Members is he worthy?

#8 ·
Also I would like to add that the BRW crowd is recruiting another member for their upcoming battle with the "J" crowd so Jeremey may be a blessing in disguise! Your name is really Jeremey right?:)

#10 ·
MontanaRocknReefer said:
Also I would like to add that the BRW crowd is recruiting another member for their upcoming battle with the "J" crowd so Jeremey may be a blessing in disguise! Your name is really Jeremey right?:)
i could be an insider into the BRW crowd.

G~

#11 ·
Ah, I have a secret weapon. My name is David M. Loucks......

Here is the secret weapon. My dads name was David M. Loucks, so you know what that makes me? Thats right a JUNIOR. Don't know of you have already blocked that loophole.

#12 ·
hmmmmm that's a tough call.

the brw crowd is in the process of an apparantly active recruiting campaign, that COULD potentially mean trouble for the J Crowd.

"jeremy" has at least posted consistant pictures of "his friends" tank. so, even though he doesn't really havea tank of his own, he is still doing a fairly good job of smoke and mirrors.

I'll cast a vote for him.

now, for this geoff guy... well now, that might really be pushing some limits there. but it does SOUND like "J" . I suppose it's not really his fault that they can't spell properly in the south. (that's why the north won) But he does have a good point, he could be a mole to the brw crowd for us. and after seeing calvin's latest avatar, we can clearly see that the brw crowd is certainly a formiddable enemy. I'm guessin that alice gave him the black eye, and cath knocked out the teeth. ( i came to this conclusion, because alice isn't tall enough to have reached the eye.)

I'll cast a vote in favor of "j"eoff

Now this whole dave "junior" thing.... well now that really IS pushing the borders of reality. I mean do we have any confirmation of this. We'll need to see a photocopy of your birth certificate, ssn card, drivers license, full home address, copies of the front and back of two major credit cards, and all current bank account numbers. (funding for our defense has to come from somewhere ya know)

I too am a "junior" even though my dad's name was douglas james, and my name is jason robert. he wanted to name me junior, but didnt want to name me after himself, because he wasalready named after his dad, which would have made me a "third" so he named me "J"ason "R"obert ie: JR so that he could CALL me junior. so i feel the pain of having the junior label.

i'll cast another vote in favor.

i would normally be hesitant to allow such guidlines to be pushed so far to the max, however, the BRW's are proving to be a dangerous foe, and i fear that this could become an ugly war in the near future.

#13 · (Edited)
Well , time to bare my soul,,,,,
if i was ever to enter a political career(ya right ) it would be found out that my given birth name is,,,,,Geoffery:eek: but i have never used that spelling, heck ,,i really did not know the true spelling on the name til i think i was a teen,,,
so i spent these many , many years as a "J",,,
i never inhaled,,,not REALLY gonna check ,,right?
i never did the nasty with that intern,,,,;)
so with a clear concience, i cast a vote for Jeremy(we'll be watchin ya)
and for Geoff,,,for reasons prev.stated,,,;)
if this council vote is seconded,be noted you both will be on probation til the frags n zoo's hit our doorstep,
(Jeremy, add a vial of your "tank" water to verify frags came from "your " tank and not a on-line/LFS connection:funny: )

#14 ·
oh,,,,BTW, to let you prospective members know,,,,
you ALSO have to answer these questions correctly(plus i just thought of this) to be considered for admission to the "J crowd" ranks,,,,

1: where does Jerel live,and give another name/nickname he uses

2:What state does Brooke live in

3:name the state the last TRT picnic was held

4:who is the #9 of the top ten posters on TRT

5:what is "Skimate"?

#2 pencils only,,,
ok,,start NOW!
(Jepardy theme music inserted here)

#17 ·
:funny: :funny: :funny:

Okay, my cubicle-dwelling coworkers are going to call the guys with the white coats if I continue to laugh out loud all by myself (Jay)...

And "J"eoff - you're just jealous. :D

Woohoo! We're already punchy and its only Wednesday!

#18 ·
Junkzoo said:

1: where does Jerel live,and give another name/nickname he uses
where we all wish we could, or is that Dark Horge's home, tough call. Does really old reefer dude count. maybe Jurassic Jerel. :)

Junkzoo said:

2:What state does Brooke live in
Minesoooota.:D

Junkzoo said:

3:name the state the last TRT picnic was held
at someones house that thinks a 300g reef is to small.:eek:

Junkzoo said:

4:who is the #9 of the top ten posters on TRT
how is that for tooting your own horn!:rolleyes: i think "J" is coming on quick though.

Junkzoo said:

5:what is "Skimate"?
reef leftovers.:D

whats my score! did i get them right.

G~

#19 ·
StellaMN said:
What about me??? Or this a testosterone-only group??? :D

Jodi
O Man you "j" dudes are so busted now
if you was smart you would drag FishDaddy out of semiretirement :D
Jay , you got it backwards, Cath needs a stool to hit him in the lip ;)
Stella as Senior Admin I lost all semblence of control about 3 weeks ago, go get em :D

#22 ·
Figures that the the longest thread that I ever started wouldn't even be reef related!!!!

Guess im gonna need some new questions since those have been answered except #5 was wrong.

"5. What is Skimate."

The correct answer is...."Im not sure, but it taste exquisite" the would have also excepted "mmmmmmm skiiiiiimate"

Dave

#25 ·
StellaMN said:
What about me??? Or this a testosterone-only group??? :D

Jodi
Hmmm, now thats a melon scratcher,,,:confused: ,,,,
we will have to put the giant heads together that are the "J'crowd" ,,,and make a decision,,,,,we DO wanna be PC ,,,,;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.