The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....NOT inferring that it's still Monday though.

Top of a new morning and HAPPY TUESDAY TO ALL!
Go the day off to take Jen for Her procedure today that they postponed the last minute last week. Got to be in AC by noon, so a leisurely pace this morning.

Coffee is up, as I since 5a, but still fresh.
May grab something for breakfast indiscreetly, but knowing is crossing my mind yet.

65 heading to the low 80's with continued sunshine.....fall's coming, just not here yet.
Peace, and up lifting thoughts for All,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,646 Posts
Mornin Hack! Coffee is great! Sunny here & mid 70's today. I heard rumbings that a member of one of my motorcycle sites may be coming through town while on vacation this weekend. Plans to shake hands & tip a pint or two are being shaped up. Will have to see what his schedule is like - it may be an opportunity to get a brisket on the smoker. That would be nice!

Have a great day all.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
Morning everyone. Back to the grind and feel a lot better.

Got more things to look into. Wish people would check basic things.

Reactions: cath and Tinsnips

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Top of this beautiful day to you Rick! I'll raise my big tall cold glass of OJ to that scenario for your weekend Pal.....HI HOPES!
Jaw Gesture Art Wrist Font

Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: cath and Tinsnips

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good morning Bro! Glad to hear you're healing nicely. (y)

Wish people would check basic things.
Which leads me into a thought provoking tale......

When your time has come, and you continually ignore it, it WILL NOT GO UNANSWERED! .......

After 30+ years doing what I do, I'm getting that 'feeling' that my time for this fun in the sun job needs to come to an end. Been getting that message for a year or so now.....damaging my neck last year......AND NOW THIS.....
Operating our travel lift REQUIRES 2 PEOPLE.....me operating it, and a spotter on the ground.....there are some massive blind spots moving a boat around. 30+ years have had no issues. BUT in this past week it almost killed me twice....
Last week the boss was guiding me, and he guided me right into over head wires at the edge of the road....luckily I saw the telephone wires snap first and I stopped dead. Yesterday another guy, 'the troll', guided me right into our electric meter.....I heard the sound and stopped dead instantly.
I have now escaped the same fate twice.....ain't real sure I want to continue ignoring what I'm being told.

It's nearing time to find an exit ramp I fear.....
Hack

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is not opaque enough to be Orange Juice.
Work with me on this.....
If'n there was enough, say....vodka in there we'd be in the ball park?
Hack

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
I stayed at an all-inclusive resort once. Didn't know enough then to find an adults only place.

The only saving grace was the do it yourself Bloody Mary bar that opened at 6 am. All the gentlemen were pouring just enough Bloody Mary mix in to tint it red. That place was hell on earth.

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,646 Posts
That is not opaque enough to be Orange Juice.
Work with me on this.....
If'n there was enough, say....vodka in there we'd be in the ball park?
Hack
So that is what you guys are really talking about when you mention carbon dosing...I've been doing it wrong. You put the vodka in you till the aquarium doesn't matter. Smart!

·
Administrator
49,400 Posts
Good morning gentlemen, I see we are serving "pulpfree oj" Good choice.
Had to let the beast out and stumbled in here. Hope Jens procedure goes well, I know thee feeling of getting too old to keep doing a job , that's why after last layoff at Aircrane I took the store gig. Hope you get stuff figured out Perry, Rick that sounds like a nice weekend

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,517 Posts
Good morning everyone,

The weather forecast keep changing. Now hot and humid for next five days. Over the weekend they said wet all week.
10 days and we will be making the trip to Albuquerque. It will be two days drive. Just going to take our time and enjoy.
Carbon dosing works if you do it correctly. Two shot for you and one for the tank.

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good morning Doug and Vinnie.....
THANKS for the well wishes Doug.....hope you were able to climb back in the rack for a little more snoozing?

THAT sounds like an awesome PLAN Vinnie.....hope it is a relaxing drive/vacation. PLEASE TAKE A CAMERA!

Hack

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
.....I keep forgetting in the day n age that CAMERAS/PHONES are interchangeable words. Pictures are the end results hoped for. :unsure:
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,517 Posts
Last year I took three cameras on vacation, Kristine ask me why I’m not carrying them and using phone instead. I told her they are heavy for a old man to carry. Just like a ball and chain.

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah......I remember back in 77 when I was stationed in San Diego carrying one of those old Polaroids in those HUGE square cases they came in.....THAT was a ball n chain!
Hack

·
Administrator
49,400 Posts
Remorning all, coffee is hot and fresh. I can throw a few bagels on the table as well55f at dawn heading to 75 latter. We have been getting a little rain the last few nights, has really been a great break for the crews working the fire.
Road trip sounds like fun times Vinny, I agree on camera, I only use mine for Fire Dept shoots and portrait. I love using tablet for pics, it's like a view camera without the dark cloth :)

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
I didn’t know you were stationed in San Diego Hack. My son is still down there.

wow everyone is crabby at work today. Wish we were allowed translucent liquids.

·
Super Moderator
28,492 Posts
Good afternoon, guys!

Hack, how did Jen‘s procedure go today?

This morning a neighbor took me to the emergency room at the hospital 2.5 miles from home to get my back checked because it’s been hurting so much over the past several days. After 11, count ‘em, 11 x-rays, the PA said that I had a flare up of an existing problem. He prescribed several things to help which included a pack of prescription level lidocaine patches. All in all, I feel like I got a good treatment at that hospital.

On with the evening. I hope to be able to check back in later.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts