The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......but that's life in the fast lane.

Good morning All, and HAPPY WEDNESDAY/HUMP DAY!
Coffee is up, and something to eat, but know not what yet.....part of the 'confusion'.

Keeping this short n sweet for now,
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
Morning Hack and those to join us later.

I'll take a four day workweek anytime.

Coffee is on, then off to solve some issues at work. That will be normal as a Quality Engineer.

Reactions: hackshobby and VWD

·
Super Moderator
28,492 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Perry, and all of TRT

Thanks for the coffee, guys! OK, how about in the shop in a bagels with everything bagels far away from the others. I don’t want my blueberry bagel to taste like an everything bagel.😂 Also in hand is cream cheese, PB, and an assortment of jellies and jams, and nanners and peaches. Too bad Hack and Perry left before they could have any of these goodies.

Hack, I hope you don’t have another rainy day today, unless it’s so bad that you get to come home. That would be groovy.

Perry, hope your day of sOlving quality problems is filled with grooviness.

Jeff! Where are you my friend?

Do you remember that I told you about a stiff parking fine of $500 that I got in July? The fine with because it was my handicap placard wasn’t completely visible. That’s an outrageous amount. I wrote down that the court date for me was going to be Friday, September 9. Yesterday I looked at the summons again and it was actually for yesterday afternoon and I missed it! Horrors. So I called several phone numbers, and tried to fill out the online form to pay for it and then I wondered if I had to pay extra and so on. I finally found out that fine was dismissed! I was so stunned that my eyes watered up. By state law, fine for being late is in the amount of 5% of the total fine. 😱 That’s huge. I think the whole thing is a bunch of hooey, to say it nicely. Maybe that’s why the judge dismissed the ticket. I’d like to see it in writing but it really is dismissed.

that’s my last complaint for the day. Let’s make this a groovy one.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,517 Posts
Good morning Hack, Perry, Cath and all.

Thanks for the coffee, need it to wake up. I have an oncologist appointment today. Bloodwork then appointment.

Cath, I’m glad the fine was dismissed. That’s would have been expensive.

Dry here today, after appointment going to lfs to pickup some food and talk to them about the fry. Maybe get some bags and boxes.

Have a great day

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
Wow Cath, glad you got out of that ticket. I drive too slow and carefully now to get a ticket. Now in my days of rental cars things were way different. Drove them like I stole them.

·
Super Moderator
28,492 Posts
Hiya, Vinnie, Doug, and Perry.

Vinnie, I hope your oncologist appointment went well. Also I hope you can get some equipment to ship your fry. Thanks for your comments about you getting out of the fine the cost of the fight was outrageous.

Doug, I had to look up “Jooly Green”, only to find out that what I was looking for was a “Jolly Green Helicopter!!” That’s a new one on me, and we sure do need it. I’m thinking about Jeff’s mother’s health. 🙁

Perry, I can’t imagine you driving slowly. Are usually drive the speed limit, but there are times in town that is more prudent for me to drive with the flow of traffic.

tonight I have choir practice, and tomorrow morning I have my Civitan meeting at a breakfast place at 8 AM rather than at the usual 7 AM that used to be. That said, I might not be able to say anything but peep on my way out the door to pick up a couple of non-driving members.

·
Super Moderator
22,753 Posts
Afternoon all,

call off the SAR,,, all is fine.ok’ish.

Mom went back to the ER, gave her a room for a day and a half, then she went home. Sis put out a call to hospice and mom’s oncology doc for pain meds. Dunno what the outcome/timeline is but,,,,

trying to keep busy here otherwise/inbetween visits etc. stacked a few cords of firewood from the split wood mountain, along with In/outside busywork.

Hope everyone is having a great day 👍🏼

·
Administrator
49,400 Posts
JEFF!!!!!!!! OK we have stood down the Helo, Cath you are right , Jolly Green wan nickname for the CH53 series of heavy ligt chopper, usually assigned ship board for picking up downed aircrew at sea or on land if they didnt make feet wet.
Day from way down where its really hot. Almost had to call cops on a town drunk I threw out of store. Septic guy came early , got it done but was a panic getting payment settled as I was stuck at work. Got it done though, Tired and cranky

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Probably won't bother complaining about my glorious day at the creek......did rain though.......did fall off a truck and go boom.......did work in a cramped, stupidly tiny hole all day......but nothing note worthy.

A Pepperoni/sausage frozen pizza in the oven on a 'fend fer yourself' night round here.

Jeff down right pleasant hearing from Ya......SORRY Mom had to go back to ER and spend time in lock up. Give Her all Our best if'n you would be so kind.

Does appear sanity won out Cath on that ridiculous ticket......but was sooooo silly to begin with. A 'technicality' on the placement of a HANDICAP placard.....some folks seem like they could use a wee bit more work down yonder if'n that's all they have to do?

Pizza be dinging.......fruitloops!
Hack

1 - 10 of 10 Posts