The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Top of the morning Everyone, and HAPPY TUESDAY! 30 heading to the mid 40's with 20-30 mph winds....,,betcha it'll feel cold on the creek today.

Coffee is up, and more Frosted Cherry Pop Tarts to get Us going.

Got our only boat of the week scheduled to come out this morning.....typical this time of the year...,.Will pick up after this weekend, with stragglers till the end. The sun leaving us earlier and earlier every day, makes the days a wee shorter.......tends to button up before our usual 4:30 earlier every day......,tough to motivate, and work when it gets dark and COLD.

Hope All walk with peace and grooviness today,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,534 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack and all of TRT!

Brrrrrr🥶! You need some cocoa for your commute! Sounds pretty miserable working outside these days. Keep your boss busy so he doesn’t bug you. 😉

Jeff - Greg photos Pfizer you and Molly. Love the one where you are giving her the eyeball.

We decided to have baked apples for dessert on a Thursday, so I need to find locally grown today.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Administrator
47,473 Posts
Mornjn all, coffee is on and banana muffins with a Hacks worth of butter.. 45 and dark nice break from free zing weather but it may be foggy again.
Delivery day for beer and groceries because of the holiday shift. I get through this one and I am off 4 days, 1st time in forever.
Sounds like miserable conditions on the creek, hope the haul in goes easy Hack, Cath. Hope your apple search is fruitful

·
Super Moderator
Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse and fresh water
26,043 Posts
Good morning Hack, Cath and all of TRT,

coffee and waffles and a tall ice cold milk for breakfast,

chilly 45 here with the high reaching 64.

will thanksgiving is going to be with Jacob, Gabi and the grandkids at their house, normally it here at our house and Gabi family all come here. Kristine said no to that this year.

bsked apple desert sounds like pie.,

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Good afternoon, just ate a tuna fish sandwich with chopped pickle, so tasty.
Well fedx is late on my overnight package from liveaquaria with my blue ridge coral and a few others. Last update was last night in Indianapolis at 12:35 am. Was supposed to arrive today by 1 pm. Past that now and no updates.

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A short check in over the dinner hour before I gotta go boil the potatoes for Thursday's Potato salad that We'll be schlepping together tomorrow evening......trying to lighten the load.

YES indeediroony was a right chilly one on the creek..,,,,,a hot shower, after the gym, and some Baked ham sandwiches seemed to have put a little pep in the step.

Will chat latter,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,534 Posts
Good evening, Doug, Vinnie, and everyone who piles in.

Doug - Eeesh with delivery day at the store. GREAT news about 4 days off! I cannot remember the last time you had 4 days off.

Vinnie - I’m sure it will be a good Thanksgiving at Jacob’s home.
Not good with FedEx from LiveAquaria being late. 😳 I hope it has arrived by now, and that the live things are still alive.

Hack - Makes me chilly thinking about your day at the creek! Hot show and hot food will help.

On with the evening.

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah they did Cath.......hot showers and grub always take away the ills of the day. And them Baked Apples.....haven't heard of them in a ....well, LONG TIME. Used to be fairly standard fare in the cooler months, but seemed to have vanished.

Vinnie I detect a hint of sadness in Thanksgiving traditions being passed on to the next generation. Always said, 'As long as I'm kicking, holiday meals will be under Our roof.' And this here roof has seen 50+, and before HERE, Mom n Pop still had THAT record going farther than the Energizer Bunny can remember.
Squirt did make a comment in passing recently that once Their new home gets build holiday dinners will be there......NOPE, not ready to give up the reins......got another good 50 in me! 😁 As long as Hack is still living with us, you can take that to the bank.

Doug it's not really a biggie working in the cold this time of the year......take the sun tans with the wind burns and frost bites....just life on the creek. THOUGH there are them that cry through summer, winter, spring and fall.....nope, pick a battle and fight it....NOT ALL OF THEM!

Time to go check the tatters,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Cath Liveaquaria reached out to me, they must follow up on shipments. They informed me about Fedx, that it was delayed or missing in route.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts