The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Special? Nah, just a title that happened to cross my mind after 2 cups of coffee. So with that said.....
Good morning, and.....HAPPY THURSDAY!

Weather is a wee cooler today only going into the low to mid 80's.....but right back up tomorrow. Maybe all that rain yesterday afternoon, and last night helped with that?

Coffee is up, and The Capt'n pulling up a chair with us. Hope Everyone finds really groovy stuff to get into today, and shares the tales. Peace,
Hack

·
Administrator
47,039 Posts
Morning Hack, last shift, coffee on and getting ready to head out

·
Super Moderator
27,228 Posts
Good afternoon, Hack, Doug, and all of TRT!

How could I have missed signing in this morning? Please forgive me!

Hack - Yikes, I forgot to comment about your no fun commute to your home front last night. Stormy weather make for a tense drive, for sure. I hope today is uneventful.

Doug - Did your young worker with poison oak recover well enough to return to work?

Oh the stuff that needs to be done at my house to make it right: today an electrician brought the Square D breaker box up to code and installed two grounding wires outside the house (never had them since I bought the house in1988!)
What’s next... ummm now my electric stove is not getting any power. I checked the breaker box and nothing looked amiss. Tried turning on a burner. Nada...

See you all a little later...

·
Super Moderator
22,175 Posts
Afternoon all,
Currently in the sit down n cool off/rehydrate part of my day, the neighbor bordering at the back of my property must think when his huge section of mature tree breaks from a recent high wind session and lands on my property, it’s not his problem. I’m aware of the “trees etc. that grow over the property line is ok to do with what is needed/desired by said property owner “ rule/law,,,
Silly me wondered that since he had tree service fellas on his property at the other end from this fallen tree , and he was aware that the tree in question had landed on my side of the fence,,,,that he woulda stepped up, asked me if it was ok for the tree guys to come over and tend to three trailer’s worth of smaller limbs and a truck bed full of “trunk” wood that I ended up dealiuntil just now,, but no, sigh .
Burn pile is extra high and around, and will strike a match after the new stuff dries out. ( the evil part of me wonders if I start the burn pile when the wind is aimed at his place,,,,,)

Speaking of trees n fire,. We are under a air quality warning here, seems the smoke etc. from the left coast wildfires are hazing up the upper air here. Overcast and partly hazy today,,, a breeze would help loads with feeling better while toiling ,,,

Dunno what is next around here, will decide after I re-boot/hydrate….

Cath, good on fixing up the house ‘lectrical , and bummer on the stove not heating up after . Methinks it is directly related to the fella doing work In vicinity of the breaker panel. Prime example of “he touched it last” rule,,, prob/hope it’s something simple,,,

On to the rest of the day,,,

Hope everyone is having a great day!

·
Super Moderator
27,228 Posts
Jeff - Thanks for your spark-chaser opinion about what could be the cause of no electrical juice getting to the stove.

Hmmm seems like I remember this neighbor being kinda, that is to say, well, not a good neighbor. Shees….

·
Super Moderator
27,228 Posts
Hi, everyone!

The mystery of the missing electricity has been solved. When the electrician got here and opened the utility room door, suddenly the electricity came back to the stove. This happened twice, so he started poking around t he Square D box and finally he saw a few loose wires that were behind the new board he installed. So he tightened that up good and proper, and voilá!

btw...When I mentioned. The term “spark chaser,” he said he never heard of it. Must be Northwest Indiana thing. ;)

Civitan Zoom tonight, but no hymn sing. Bummer.

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad electrical bugger-boos have been solved Cath.....they give me the ibbi-jibbis! One skill set I never mastered, NOR care to.

'Sparks, spark chaser, Sparky' very common term of endearment for folks that play with flying electrons.

More BLT's for grub, as I hit the yard chores as soon as I got home, and quick n simple was in order.
Was a tough day with the neck......the Mrs. got ahold of the PT and pointed out my patients was running a tad thin......They got me scheduled now for 3 days starting Monday. Fingers crossed that THAT makes a difference, and not just a 'hoop' to jump through to get to the next step.

Ice cream cake to finish off this evening if'n you're so inclined. Grooviness n PEACE,
Hack

·
Administrator
47,039 Posts
Evening all, done with work. Spent most of the day dealing with plumbing issues on the food prep are triple sink the the Coke soda fountain drain into. 3 hrs of snaking and boilin water flush i got it back up and draining fine.
Surprised your guy never heard SPARKY or SPARKCHASER, I thought it was pretty universal,
Chicken breast , slice with SHARP Cheddar, topped wiith diced onion, Shrooms, foil wrapped and slow cook on grill, alond with onion, shroom, zuchinni rounds grill on the flat top.
Bummer on the neighbor tree issue, My property is clear on most of the prop line cept the forest part. Back there if it falls first one to grab it got the fire wood ;)

·
Super Moderator
22,175 Posts
Evening all,

Cath, glad to here of things getting fixed at the casa.
I dunno , but I think that spark chaser might have its roots in troubleshooting realms of the electrical profession… while I was in the electrical field. I hardly did any conduit running or install kind of stuff at work. Most of my gig was hittin and hittin’ when something under my “care” , finding and fixin the problem. Yeah I can run conduit and wire in the civilian world, but I’m a bit rusty since it was prob 1.3% of what it did.

It also amazed me when they would call in outside contractors to run a big install or run lotsa conduit.. low guy or girl would do the grunt work.. up a few rungs you had the ace conduit runners, then the folks that pulled wire, then those that landed wires in the right places,,, after that they knew NOTHING,,,
The guys landing the wires via a schematic , had no idea of how what they hooked up , worked,.. let alone having any T-shooting skills.

Point me to something not working/working right, maybe have a schematic handy , and wires/terminal strips with no ID as to what they are for in the big picture,,, I can… as we used to say “I don’t have to fix it , I just have to make it work”. But in truth while making it work did fall under “fixing” too.

Sadly, those outside contractors made way more money than we did… sigh. But then again their job was boring (IMO), and the scope of what I was responsible for went from one end of the dept. , to the other and everything up/down/all around . “ see this big steel making complex? I make sure everything ‘lectrical stays running.

Dawgs here are waking up from their evening naps to inform me they are ready to hit the bedroom for the night. Thing is, I’m alpha dawg here,,,, but they seem they run the place here,, haha/sigh.

Hope everyone had a great day!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts