The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The camaro loving reefer
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
windex no makes 99% natural glass cleaner, there is no ammonia, bleach, phosphorus or dyes. ingredients consist of water, corn based ethanol, plant based cleaning agent, stabilizer, ph adjuster, fragrance. i do not remember the price. how ever it works well. and is much safer for you fish than normal windex. i still spray it on paper towel out side of the room so that its no in the air. and i would never spray it on the glass.

Attachments

·
The camaro loving reefer
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sry the pic is side ways i can redo it if some one is wherein a neck brace

·
Rock guy
682 Posts
sounds great, of course it is still bad for you tank. its the fact that any new chemical, natural or not, is a huge change in the water chemistry

·
The camaro loving reefer
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes but at least its not ammonia.

·
Rock guy
682 Posts
true, but that could be better than something else that is really new, the ethanol would act like a fertilizer almost and it could spike other things to grow, of course using it like you do, even bleach would be fine, for other people dont spray on glass

·
The camaro loving reefer
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats the biggest part. when its sprayed on the glass it goes everywhere.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
A dry cloth is usually enough to clean the glass. If that doesn't work, water and vinegar is the safest way to go.

I wouldn't spray any chemical (99% natural or otherwise) onto the glass of an aquarium.

·
Super Moderator
22,294 Posts
Can't say i've ever used anything other than water on a rag/towel to clean tank glass(on the outside). I've used hot water w/a towel for stubborn salt buildup etc.

On my acrylic tank i mostly use the cleaners/polishes that are made for it, but of course try to make sure it does not make it to the inside.

·
The camaro loving reefer
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A dry cloth is usually enough to clean the glass. If that doesn't work, water and vinegar is the safest way to go.

I wouldn't spray any chemical (99% natural or otherwise) onto the glass of an aquarium.
and thats why i have said i dont spray it on the glass.

·
Premium Member
6,679 Posts
Guessing I'm crazy but I spray Windex onto the glass and have been doing it forever. My SPS grow like weeds. Maybe thats my secret! Shoot not a secret anymore ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts