The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well ive been planing on haveing another 90 for a while and i decided i can handle it so i have 80-85 lbs of "dead rock" in there now and 20-25lbs of live rock from a pre existing tank and 60 lbs of live sand
i have 20 gallons of fresh water in it now
hope yall like

Attachments

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i added alot more and i added 5 croms to cycle and im useing a bottle of turbo start

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just wondering why you have 20 gallon of "fresh" water? Is it fresh saltwater or fresh as in RO/DI, tap, nada water?

If its really fresh water, whats the logic or reason for doing that with live rocks and live sands?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its fresh salt water (made the batch my self useing ro/di water) sorry should have clearifide

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here are some current ones i am useing a refuge thats 36" long with some old skimmer (till i can get the money for a trigger ) with 3 lbs of rock rubble im going to put parret feather and cheato in there with 10lbs of live sand tom morning. i have around 110 lbs of live rock in the main with 60lbs of live sand i have a maxi 1200 with the flow deflector and im going to get a korilla 1 for behind the rock(to keep stuff from settling back there ) and a korilla 2 for flow up front
i have 4 65 watt cps over it know im either going to get 6-8 t5 bulbs over it ot 8 65 watt cps over it
i want to keep a wide variitys of lpss and sofies (no sps)
let me know what you think so far

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
The Koralia 2 will give you very little water movement in a 90 gal. I don't think that will be enough for the lps and softies.

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
you will need at least a pair of Koralia 4's for decent movement. i have one 4 in my 55 gal and am needing another...

·
Registered
914 Posts
Looks great. Can't wait to see it fully stocked! By the way.....you probably don't need the chromis to cycle the tank. Just put a few pieces of fish food into an empty tank and the decomposition will create the cycle.

·
Reef Nut
1,254 Posts
I have a green open brain under 2 x 65 pc'ws (1 10K, 1 actinic). I have it in the upper third of the tank on a rock, but it's been there well over a year and it's doing great (sorry no pics right now, wife is using the computer w/ the pics) Shouldn't be any problem for you, they're not high lighting requirement corals. Don

1 - 20 of 41 Posts