The Reef Tank banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Semi-retar...eh...retired
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
90 gallon AGA with 2 bulkhead drains, DIY red oak stand and canopy with fans (nice) plus 30 gallon sump - $350

PFO dual 250W metal halide ballast, 2 spiderlight reflectors, sockets, with two 8 month-old 10,000K Ushio bulbs - $200

...each price for all items listed before it.
I can't part the stuff out... :)

·
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Monthly bump and price reduction of my old 90 gallon setup and lights...:D

·
Registered
120 Posts
If the lighting is still available, PM me pictures, dimensions, etc . I'm setting up a new 75 and it sounds like most everything I need.

·
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vmaxxt,

There are really no dimensions to note. The lighting setup includes the ballast, reflectors/sockets, and lights. The reflectors are ReefFlectors and will fit in any tank that has a 48" x 18" canopy. They are not sold with the canopy...

If you do want pics, I can send you some, but it is just a basic dual 250W PFO ballast with standard mogul sockets and 2 reflectors.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry, I must have read it wrong. I thought you were selling lighting and canopy as 1 unit, and I think a 90 and a 75 are the same dimensions. I'll think about it some more.

·
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, yes that was confusing.

The fans will remain in the canopy...not sold with the lights.

·
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi gotcha,

The original post was edited to show the new price ($200). If the items need to be shipped, that will be an additional charge paid by the buyer.

The ballast is 3 years old.

I have several people expressing interest in the light setup, but no one has committed to buying. I will contact you or post here when things change.

Thanks,
Graham

·
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The lights are no longer available.

The tank/stand/canopy is still for sale.

·
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That would be $350 :D

Best deal you could ever find using American dollars...
If no takers soon, it hits the Strib...for more $$$ of course :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Graham,
Excuse my stupidity twice.

1. I don't know if I'm suppose to post in here, if not apologies and delete.

2. I'm not familiar with the terminology. What are bulkhead drains? Bottom of the tank?

TIA

·
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jay,

Not at all, sir. You are most welcome (and an asset) on all reef BBs! (not that I have to tell you that). Post away! :)

By bulkhead drains, it means that there is a 1-1/4" slip bulkhead fitting in each upper corner on the back of the tank. There is one major advantage to sumping your tank via this route and one potential disadvantage. Advantage being that very little to no in-tank space is lost to overflows that run the height of the tank. The overflows are 2 slip bulkheads that are externally plumbed to the sump. You still get surface skimming like you do with a standard overflow box.

The potential negative being that it is variably noisier than the typical bottom drilled height-of-the-tank overflows found on manufacturers' reef-ready tanks. This can be mitigated through the use of a modified Durso rig and/or a reduced sump-to-tank turnover. They will never be silent like typical Dursos can be when handling a given volume, but can be quite pleasant background noise if you like the trickle of water... My fiance never found it annoying... :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks...twice. :D

I'm in the kinda' looking stage. Waiting to see how things shake out up here. But I'll have room for a second large tank now, that's the good news. You know the bad news. But, I'll keep an eye on this in case you still have it when I know for sure.

Thanks again.

·
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, I did hear about the unfortunate "incident". Man, that sucks big time... Hope things are getting back in order for you guys.

If you'd like pics of the tank, stand and canopy, shoot me your email addy and I'll send them along...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts