The Reef Tank banner
1201 - 1215 of 1215 Posts

·
Just some guy, you know?
40,334 Posts
Now I am assuming they are nassarius since they have the same shape and long "nose" part like the nassarius do. Plus I don't have any other kind of snail like that in my tank.

I was trying to get a video or photo of them but no luck. They are tiny. About 1/4" long right now.

I guess I can grab one up and put into container with some tank water to get a better picture and video.
It's not the first time I've ever heard of it, but not many have pulled it off! They must be super happy!! :)

Whiskey

·
Registered
13,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,204 ·
No doubt!

Speaking of which, I caught my Trochus snails spawning over the weekend. Not nearly as rare, but super cool to see!

Whiskey
That is pretty cool.

I never saw my snails do any spawning so to speak. I have never been around to witness anything like that in my tank while standing there. I always seem to miss the cool things like that.

·
Just some guy, you know?
40,334 Posts
That is pretty cool.

I never saw my snails do any spawning so to speak. I have never been around to witness anything like that in my tank while standing there. I always seem to miss the cool things like that.
That's one super nice thing about having the tank right by the couch, even when I'm watching TV or working on my laptop it's always in my periphery so I can catch stuff like that. I also have little bench seats right next to it so that I can view up close. My new stand design (once I move the sump into the filtration room) will have a small bar around the tank to set a drink or lean on while you look up close. I'm going back and forth on the idea of making the bar a little wider so I can have dinner right at the tank with bar stools.

Whiskey

·
Registered
13,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,206 ·
It's been awhile since posting on here. Between work and the 2 kids it keeping me busy.

The tank overall is doing well. I have lost a few fish. Not sure what caused it.

Purple Natural environment Botany Plant Organism
Water Purple Lighting Pet supply World

Water Purple Underwater Fluid Marine invertebrates

Coral is definitely growing and looking good.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,510 Posts
TIM!!!!!!! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY Pal!

Azure Water Fluid Organism Liquid

World Recipe Broccoli Cuisine Dish

World Marine biology Leaf vegetable Electric blue Houseplant

Caring for and enjoying those frags of GSP's you blessed me with Tim a few years back.

Lost more fish than I can remember sadly over the years myself, and except on rare occasions did they ever bother to leave me a note telling me 'why'. :unsure: :(

Sure enjoy when you get to swing past.......ENJOY LIFE!
Hack

·
Registered
13,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,210 ·
Thanks Vinnie, Hack and Whiskey.

Happy Father's day to yall as well.

Vinnie that cap has really started to grow like that in the past year. It is starting to grow over rhe overflow and back glass now.

Hack I love GSP. It certainly has been awhile.

Whiskey the tank is just over 4 years old now.

Since I have off today for Juneteenth I might head to the LFS and buy something. I can't remember the last time I bought anything other than quick stop in for fish food.

·
Registered
13,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,212 ·
Sounds like a perfect thing to do with a day off! Don't forget pics when you get back :)

Whiskey
Well I never made it there. Took longer than expected to repair a broken toilet flange and I got called into work for a few hours this afternoon.

·
Just some guy, you know?
40,334 Posts
Weekend came and went and didn't make it to the LFS.
Well I'm your motivational speaker for the day, and I say Don't Give Up!! There's always tomorrow, but don't use that as an excuse to put this off, use it as an excuse to put EVERYTHING ELSE off :D

Lol,
Whiskey

1201 - 1215 of 1215 Posts