The Reef Tank banner

1201 - 1205 of 1205 Posts

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,736 Posts
Now I am assuming they are nassarius since they have the same shape and long "nose" part like the nassarius do. Plus I don't have any other kind of snail like that in my tank.

I was trying to get a video or photo of them but no luck. They are tiny. About 1/4" long right now.

I guess I can grab one up and put into container with some tank water to get a better picture and video.
It's not the first time I've ever heard of it, but not many have pulled it off! They must be super happy!! :)

Whiskey

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,204 ·
No doubt!

Speaking of which, I caught my Trochus snails spawning over the weekend. Not nearly as rare, but super cool to see!

Whiskey
That is pretty cool.

I never saw my snails do any spawning so to speak. I have never been around to witness anything like that in my tank while standing there. I always seem to miss the cool things like that.

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,736 Posts
That is pretty cool.

I never saw my snails do any spawning so to speak. I have never been around to witness anything like that in my tank while standing there. I always seem to miss the cool things like that.
That's one super nice thing about having the tank right by the couch, even when I'm watching TV or working on my laptop it's always in my periphery so I can catch stuff like that. I also have little bench seats right next to it so that I can view up close. My new stand design (once I move the sump into the filtration room) will have a small bar around the tank to set a drink or lean on while you look up close. I'm going back and forth on the idea of making the bar a little wider so I can have dinner right at the tank with bar stools.

Whiskey

1201 - 1205 of 1205 Posts