The Reef Tank banner
1,181 - 1,200 of 1,215 Posts
......Thought I had gotten back to you yesterday.....BUT got busy with Easter and the Family.

Love seeing your young Man pitching in.....Flash backs of Nate!
I remember back in the 'long ago' time period when I had a tropical fish room set up in our cellar.....58 tanks ranging from 5 to 55 gallons.....mostly FW, but had started experimenting with saltwater fish.,,..this was back in the early 80's. Grow lights lighting the room.....room heating.....tropical plants growing on the ceiling and walls. AND, had my garden hose right there, a 'slop' sink, floor drain. There is joy in 'convenient'!
Hack

WOW......Hi stranger! Yeah life does tend to get in the way of our hobbies. Doesn't appear to be effecting your reef though, still looks great.

All the best,
Hack

Discussion starter · #1,186 ·
You would think that Matt

But my foxface has become a princess i guess. Won't eat anything but LRS food and Seaweed. I have gone a week without Seaweed to see if he will touch the GHA and nothing.

I guess I need to finally replace the turbo snails to see if they get some of it.

Discussion starter · #1,187 ·
Woah TRT got a face lift. Like the new site. It's been awhile since I been on. Been very busy this way.

The tank is doing great! I have had a few mishaps in the last couple of weeks. My return pump stopped working so had to buy a new one. While I was replacing it my bulkhead on the return line broke. That was a fun time. But it gave me an excuse to get the neptune cor 20 return pump. Just couple of days ago I removed my sump to clean it really good and ended up dropping it in the driveway and shattered glass everywhere.

Other than that can't complain

HEY TIM!!!!!! On my way out the door for work, but had to say howdy! Will chat more this evening.
Hack

Woah TRT got a face lift. Like the new site. It's been awhile since I been on. Been very busy this way.

The tank is doing great! I have had a few mishaps in the last couple of weeks. My return pump stopped working so had to buy a new one. While I was replacing it my bulkhead on the return line broke. That was a fun time. But it gave me an excuse to get the neptune cor 20 return pump. Just couple of days ago I removed my sump to clean it really good and ended up dropping it in the driveway and shattered glass everywhere.

Other than that can't complain
Yikes!! I hate breaking tanks. Tried to drill a tempered one once, that was quite the shock.

Cool deal on the Cor 20! I'd be curious to hear how that's working for you once you've had it for a little bit. I plan on redundant pumps for my 135 and the neptune pumps are high on my list for the second one.

The tank looks great!!!
Whiskey

Discussion starter · #1,191 ·
Yikes!! I hate breaking tanks. Tried to drill a tempered one once, that was quite the shock.

Cool deal on the Cor 20! I'd be curious to hear how that's working for you once you've had it for a little bit. I plan on redundant pumps for my 135 and the neptune pumps are high on my list for the second one.

The tank looks great!!!
Whiskey
Thank you Whiskey. It is just over 3 years old now and certainly has had its ups and downs.
So far no complaints about the Cor 20 pump. Super quiet for sure.

Glad to hear the mishaps were small, and your reef is going strong. Glad'er you see you dropping in, and hearing all is well.

Yeah, we's got one humdinger of a groovy revamp around here.....not heard many complaints, just thumbs up.
Hack

Thank you Whiskey. It is just over 3 years old now and certainly has had its ups and downs.
So far no complaints about the Cor 20 pump. Super quiet for sure.
Noise level was one of my biggest questions! I put allot of effort into making sure my tank is dead silent and I live in a quiet area so that's quite the trick. How long have you had the pump now? Does it fire up every time you turn it off?

Whiskey

Discussion starter · #1,194 ·
Glad to hear the mishaps were small, and your reef is going strong. Glad'er you see you dropping in, and hearing all is well.

Yeah, we's got one humdinger of a groovy revamp around here.....not heard many complaints, just thumbs up.
Hack
It is great looking the new site. Works good on my cell unlike the old one.

The reef is very strong despite my mishaps.
I was slacking on water changes but getting back into good habits of weekly for about 2 months now. It is definitely showing it likes the weekly changes.

Discussion starter · #1,195 ·
Noise level was one of my biggest questions! I put allot of effort into making sure my tank is dead silent and I live in a quiet area so that's quite the trick. How long have you had the pump now? Does it fire up every time you turn it off?

Whiskey
I have had the pump about 1.5 months now. Always fires back up after water changes. If I didn't see the water coming out of the return I would never know it was running when I first turn it on.

Also running reduced power of 18% or even 100% the noise doesn't change from what I notice.

If'n you haven't yet, from the 3-dots next to your profile select 'NIGHT MODE' way cool!

I'm a wee bit off schedule for tank 'deep cleaning' and a water change myself......got in a lazy mood/busy mode lately.
Hack

Discussion starter · #1,197 ·
If'n you haven't yet, from the 3-dots next to your profile select 'NIGHT MODE' way cool!

I'm a wee bit off schedule for tank 'deep cleaning' and a water change myself......got in a lazy mood/busy mode lately.
Hack

Hack
It is easy to get off track. Life gets in the way.

The night mode is pretty sweet looking on here.

I was checking out my tank this morning before going to work. I had about a dozen baby nassarius snails on the sand and glass.

The tank must be very happy.
That's awesome!!!! You don't hear of those breading in the tank very often!! Congrats!

Trochus snails are one of my favorite for this reason, I have good luck with them breading.

Whiskey

Discussion starter · #1,200 ·
That's awesome!!!! You don't hear of those breading in the tank very often!! Congrats!

Trochus snails are one of my favorite for this reason, I have good luck with them breading.

Whiskey
Now I am assuming they are nassarius since they have the same shape and long "nose" part like the nassarius do. Plus I don't have any other kind of snail like that in my tank.

I was trying to get a video or photo of them but no luck. They are tiny. About 1/4" long right now.

I guess I can grab one up and put into container with some tank water to get a better picture and video.

1,181 - 1,200 of 1,215 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.