The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
WELCOME BACK! Looking forward to seeing the journey come together with the new 90. That is some real planning, and dedication deciding where you want something, and not let an existing obstacle stand in your way. All the best,
Hack

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Oh, and a sociable Cus too....FANTASTIC! We're going to get along just fine around here..:beer:..PLUS you understand the value of pictures!
Hack

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Morning Tim! No skimmer expert by a long shot, only voice from my own experience. I'd recommend our Bubble Magus Curve 7 to anyone. A quality piece of equipment. Been running ours for going on 4 years.
Hack

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Great news Tim! Now let's see how 'time dilation' works as you begin drooling over getting your new tank 'wet'. :D I hope all comes together quickly and easily for you Folks,
Hack

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
NO PICTURES! WHAT!!!!!
Glad to hear your cycle is coming along nicely for you. Bummer on the lights, but nice to hear their helping you.
Hack

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
That's a seriously slick idea right there Tim! Great idea!
Hack

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
YEAH! Now the money spending begins! Chromises.....GREAT CHOICE! Have a blast!
Hack

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
HAPPY EASTER by the way! Doing my morning thread looking and stopped by here......and have been lost since! I got eggs to hide, and a morning thread to say howdy on. Man such bad influences around this place.
Hack

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Thanks man same to you. Nah we arnt bad influences.

I am going to be resting all day. I was up most of the night sick. Feeling somewhat better this morning. So just planning on taking a nice and slow day.
Sorry to hear that. Was just saying over in the 'breakfast thread' how I had to bail early last night caus'in I was feeling kinda punk. Back on my toes this morning, thus having to hide eggs by sun light rather than moon light.
Hack

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
WOW Tim! That looks like just WATER being collected......when it's filled does it look like skim mate, or remain clear? Our's requires 9 1/4" of water height as the 'sweet spot', but I have the Bubble Magus Curve 7, not the RO. You can't dial your back and make it dryer? BUT I do know our's does go bonkers after a good tank cleaning session when everything is all stirred up, and if I don't pay attention our sump over flows with fresh skim mate...WHAT A MESS!
Hack

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
And all this talk of these manly Fire fish has me getting the urge again for another go with them. I'm convinced I would have been fine with our single muscular mustached common Fire fish if'n Pop hadn't up set the scales and they all went nuts and jumped or ninja'd each other. Our lfs always has scads of both, and of course the Purple is like I seem to recall $35.00 compared to the common ones at around $17.00. Is it strictly a preference in looks between the two varieties, or is there a personality difference as well? And do they view each other as the same species or do they coexist together?
Hack

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
.....for a 'plan Jane, common, dime a dozen("Well not axactly a dime!") fish, it is sure hard to beat a herd of Blue/Green Chromies for looks! GREAT SHOTS!
Hack

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
......Oooooooohhhhh, that whole 'purple thing' rearing it's ugly head I see. OK.:D
Hack

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Though they're a hardy peaceful species, they still have the tendency to thin out the herd over time. They don't turn vicious, but they have a way of excluding some of their members from their number by shunning them, making them feel unwanted to the point of hiding and not coming out to eat. I refused to believe this in the beginning, but have noticed this over and over again, even with our own shoal of them. 7, became 5, became 4......and now only 2 remain, but have been pals and remained happy for the past three years. I sooooo want to add to their number again, but just find one excuse after another not to.
Hack

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Good morning Tim. It just happens sooooo slowly that I wasn't even aware there was an issue. But then would notice one would be spending more time in the rock work instead of out riding the tank with the others.. Then I'd see him 'shying' in a corner....the other 6 would be best buds......then it would happen to another.....then another. I do not know one from another, so don't know if I wound up with a 'mated pair' eventually, but they've been in our tanks for 5 years now, and the last three the only two Chromises.
Hack

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Sadly I think shane is right, as it's been my experience, and afraid our Friend Mark is having the same experience. Never looks like out and out aggression, just one day notice one less Chromis. I'm lucky that I seem to be holding at 2 for so long now down from my original 7. Thinking they may be mates? We pretty much feed our tank through out the day, a squirt here, and a squirt there whenever we walk past. Definitely not a ULN system.:D
Hack

1 - 20 of 219 Posts