The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SoCal Reefer
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good ole jeffs exotic fish, well will adding 9 corals all at once be too much too fast? here are my specs:
45 gallon tank
25 gallon sump
2 mj mp900 ph
rio 2500 return pump
cpr sr2 protien skimmer

i want to add some mushrooms, frogspawn, pineapple coral? brain corral? xenia

i have 2 96 watt pc, it's a hamiton retro kit

thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
568 Posts
imho, patience is good. wait another month or 2. then, pick the corals up in person. i ordered from someone who shall remain unnamed, 9 for $99 special, other than 2 absolutely fabulous clams, the rest were so poorly shipped or selected or both that they all died.

bill

·
double cappuccino
1,633 Posts
I got the 10 for 99 once during a holiday special, and I'd say about 5 were very nice for the price (would have paid at least 100 just for those five in an LFS), three were so/so and would not have bought them in person, the other two were scrappers (the baggies opened during transport and were QUITE stinky when I recieved them).

So - it's basically a crap shoot. hth

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Have always thought about ordering the 9 for $99 but for some reason just could not bring myself to doing so! Must be for a reason! Firm believer in seeing my selections in person if I can!:)

·
SoCal Reefer
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
actually for me he 's always been very helpful. i'm stationed in san diego so it's a bit of a drive to jeff's. so if i go and they don't have something he will order it and ship it to me for free. also his staff is always really helpful, if i have an question they will get me a good answer, not one of those i don't care answers. as for the fish stock in his tanks i would say there must have been alot of change. his fish always look healthy, never seen any fish in there dead or dying. i think it might be because he is such a high volume store, everytime i go he has a huge shipment that he is acclimatizing to his tanks. all his tank are clean, the corals look great. imo i think he is a reputable retail store, and i always recommend him. matter of fact when we (my comrads and i) got back from iraqi freedom we went up there and he gave us discounts, not only that but he went so far as too say thanks and welcome us home. he apparently was a corpsman in the army during desert storm. i always will do buisness wth someone who has served our country, in a time of war or not. well thats my 0.02 but my family and i very greatful or all the men and women who have served our country, even the navy. haa haa
i know i know you jarheads always make fun of the navy, but don't forget we a dept. of the navy - yeah men's dept.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.