The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this still OK? Its normally 8.03 - 8.37 but its gradually rising daily! It's kinda hot in the UK so all windows and doors are open and i have extra fans pointed at the surface, is this the reason for a rise in PH after lights?

Matt

EDIT - My tanks running a little warmer so maybe thats the reason??

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
is the ph dropping at night? of raising? if dropping throwing a light on your sump like fly said should keep it down a little.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
leveldrummer said:
is the ph dropping at night? of raising? if dropping throwing a light on your sump like fly said should keep it down a little.
The PH is dropping to normal levels but rising just before the Mh switches off, my tank is kinda sumpless so not an option to light anything when main lights are out

Maybe it's nothing but different from the norm. like i said its warm here and i've extra fans blowing

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Sounds OK to me.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,191 Posts
Man now I gotta go read a tome on how light affects pH. Wish they made Cliff's notes for reef keeping.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all :beer: good to hear, i got a little worried with the rise in PH being a little different from the norm.

Apart from the extra heat that is turning out to be a PITA controlling everything else is running well with my tank

Matt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts