The Reef Tank banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Slowly but surely the 75 reef is coming along. Here is the sump I am curing rock in right now.

Reefmania sump with kent float valve/auto top off and a euro reef skimmer courtesy of oneiron. Sweet setup.
I have 50 lbs base rock that I will be aquascaping in to honeycomb like scafolding sloping up to the back of the tank. I am going to drill the rocks and use the fiberglass rod and epoxy method. Will post pics as I work. I've added a lot to the sump since this pic. Will post again monday.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I got the stand in place, brought the tank downstairs, threw some sand in and threw some of the rock in. 2/3 of the back wall is going to be a similar rock pattern.

Here is the RBTA waiting in the sump for the 75 to get set up

and here is the little clownfish who has yet to show interest in the RBTA

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I added 40 gallons of water on friday night. As soon as the temp came up I added a hermit crab. He seemed to be fine so saturday I added a small xenia frag and later that day both were doing well so I added a small zoa frag. Sunday polyp were open and happy so I added a green chromis. Today everything is happy and well. I'm going to add the rest of the water tonight and tomorrow to test out the overflow and sump/return system. I'll try to get pics on tomorrow. I think it is looking pretty sweet. :dance:
(This is the first major reef tank I've put together)

Jeff

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
here is the tank last night:

And here is some of the plumbing:

Here is the brave test hermit inspecting the new tank:

Here are the test corals:

I added some more water and a couple bigger rocks with xenia but I spent too much time trying to fix my skimmer mod and didn't have time to take picture of something else. Feel free to comment :D

Thanks,
Jeff

1 - 18 of 18 Posts