The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I upgraded to a 75 gallon system a while back and now I've got this 38 gallon tank sitting in my bedroom, begging for a drink. I originally had the tank set up with the pc lights for actinic and then a 150 watt coralife metal halide clip on light for the daylights. This worked really well as I had a number of soft and lps corals as well as 1 sps (frag of monti plate I got from a friend) and all of the corals and a bta did well. My 75 has metal halides and t5's so that's not an issue. But my question is what do you think would do well in the 38 if I just put 50/50 bulbs in the pc light. I'm pretty sure softies would be ok, but what about lps or nem's? I plan to use the clip on MH over my 10 gallon for a frag tank.

The 38 gallon measures 36X20X13...ish 20" deep. The light will sit right above the tank since it has plastic below the bulb in the fixture

·
reefer madness
614 Posts
i have no clue, but its nice to see a fellow north cackilacian in here LOL

·
reefer madness
614 Posts
the only ones i know are in south carolina, fat tony and aquawolf....i know tony is in greenville, not to sure about AW

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh well, I'll have to find somebody somehow. I am lucky enough to actually live 5 minutes from saltwater. Emerald Isle area. but not a whole lot for lfs unless you go to raleigh. Then there are some absolutely awesome shops! I guess I got spoiled while I was at school.

That's an awesome stand you built btw

·
reefer madness
614 Posts
lol, thank you, its still in the works....nothing round here is ever really finished..give me a few months and im gonna be looking for frags, what are you fraging, or should i say what do you have fraged?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well my 75 is in the early stages again do to a hair algae disaster. So I took out all the rocks for a scrub and replaced the sand. Anyways, right now all i've got worth giving away is some nice pulsing xenia. I started with 1 stalk I bought in raleigh and within a month I've split it and each coral has 5-6 stalks. I think it's happy lol. Also I have some zoa's since I got a rock covered in them and have been taking pieces and spreading it out. Nothin special but I plan to get some sps corals later....I'll have to make the trip up to Raleigh for that though once I save up some money

1 - 9 of 9 Posts