The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I soon to start putting in a 6x4x2 tank with a 4x2x2 sump in my loungeroom wall.
It's only going to be fowlr tank.Filtration will be 250kgs of live rock,DSB and large skimmer.Lighting will be 3 6ft lengths of trisophors and the same in actinic blue and to solatubes above the tanl to allow moonlight and extra lighting during they to get the ripple effect.
I just like people ideas and thoughts about how you would do things.Before i make my last decisions.

Thanks Brad

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Not sure what ideas you are looking for, but I can offer you a HUGE welcome to TRT! :) Your tank sounds huge..how many gallons is it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ideas like recommened flow rate,pumps,heaters and all equipment.I have a basic idea what i want but its nice to get other people ideas on how they would do it if it was their own.I get me thinking if some of the things said are better than what i had in mind. Livestock aswell

Main tank 360g and sump 120g.may add another sump yet.

Thanks Brad.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
BIG PUMPS.. and lots of them :)

sounds liek an awesome tank. i've yetto go that big, though i will soon. so i cant offer advice yet.

there are plenty offolks here that have tanks on that scale that will beable to offer some great advice.

in themeantime you can also check out the big tank archive for some more tips and what not, from the past.

http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=45

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.