The Reef Tank banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Premium Member
34,741 Posts
being crazy obsessed with industrial design, i had to take a peek at the rest of the line of shoes. the shoe pictured is interesting, but not the best. the normal line of shoes is actually very nice indeed and i could see people paying that much for a pair. though the normal price of shoes from this designer is around $500-600. expensive yes, but then again, so are Ferrari's, Ducati's, TVR's, Bang & Olufsen.

of course none of this has anything to do with reefs, except where is that thread on sexual reproduction i corals. ;)

G~

· Mommy Mod
10,257 Posts
Get you wife If she is into fashion Aquawolf. Ask her to come to your computer and look at the shoes. I promise she will flip out literally. She might make you sell all your fish items to buy the shoes! Lol!
I'd rather have the ugly clown fish than the shoes... not all the ladies would want a pr of those crazy shoes ;)

· I <3 Fishies
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
My wife wants the shoes...but due to the fact i get the clown and they can spawn and make more clowns and make me some money...i Will buy both for my misses the shoes and clown for me!

· REEFer In Progress
1,423 Posts
When my local club went on a tour of LiveAquaria a couple weeks ago, we got to see the 2 breeding pairs and fry nursery up close! The fry were SOOO tiny, maybe 1/8". Wish I coulda got pics of them, but that was the only room you could not take pics in (its actually Steve, the general managers office lol). From what they said, most people have been purchasing them as an investment. They are from Austrailia and are only found 1 place in the world (that we know of). I guess a diver, not too long ago, got a permit to take 6 pairs from the wild for "reproduction purposes" and Live Aquaria was one of the companys to get some of them. I guess a company in Japan also has been successfully breeding the fish. I find it very interesting that theyre "one of a kind" but I too dont find the fish very attractive and would only purchase them as an investment. I guess the fish are VERY aggressive too! Kevin, another manager at F&S, said that theyve drawn blood from him on numerous occasions. Hope this opens your mind a little more about them..

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.