The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Supply and demand, Not a common fish I would guess or they wouldn't get away with asking so much. Several clowns are easy to breed in home tanks.... people would be likely to buy this as a capital investment. If you could get a brood of them raised it would be worth it.

·
spaceman spiff
15,672 Posts
That link should explain it. The biggest reason this fish is so expensive is because they can't legally be collected. So when folks with too much money want something that can't be had, liveaquaria makes a ridiculous profit.

·
Premium Member
11,973 Posts
That link should explain it. The biggest reason this fish is so expensive is because they can't legally be collected. So when folks with too much money want something that can't be had, liveaquaria makes a ridiculous profit.
That is very true. The same can be said about those who like to hunt exotic game animals and are willing to pay almost any price to take one down. Some people would look at it as a status symbol, as in "I am in a select group of people who have these clowns in captivity".

The funny thing is I do not really like the looks of this clown either, just like I don't really like the looks of the new ORA Platinum Clowns. By the way, at a club meeting last weekend the owner had a pair of those for sale at only $300 each which is about $400 off what I have seen other places asking. ;)

·
Premium Member
11,973 Posts
:lol: I think those are some ugly shoes as well. What are they going to do for her that will make them worth that kind of money? They don't even look like they put a sole on it for cushioning and those are probably safety belts to try to keep the woman from falling out of the shoe once she puts it on. ;)

·
I <3 Fishies
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Get you wife If she is into fashion Aquawolf. Ask her to come to your computer and look at the shoes. I promise she will flip out literally. She might make you sell all your fish items to buy the shoes! Lol!

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
What are they going to do for her that will make them worth that kind of money?
The question Dragonist is what is she going to do for you to make them worth that kind of money? ;) :)

·
I <3 Fishies
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did'nt mean her literally requesting you to sell your tanks. The shoes are beyond expensive. We won't(me & the Wife) purchase anything this expensive in a short amount of years. We are working on our degrees so larger purchases that are'nt nessary are'nt in the futher. Those shoes are more on the line of something she wants in the future.

·
I <3 Fishies
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
but he has agreed...(funny how we have to get this approval like thing with wifes) to have a reefzilla...she said if you wnat baby get it!...so when i get it...better believe i'll have a build tread!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.