The Reef Tank banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please refer me to some LED lights for my standard 65g, currently I'm running 4-T5HO 39w each.....seem to be doing ok with coral growth but I don't get the "pop" of colors that I desire........

Can someone please help!!!

·
Toyotaholic
6,700 Posts
What's wrong with your other thread that has 17 replies???

http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f6/leds-for-a-65g-176892.html

No need to be double posting the same thread....

www.rapidled.com

I'd go with about 30-36 LEDs. Depending on what you planning on keeping and how high off the water your fixture will hang. As far as optics you should go with 60 or 80 degree's based on what I mentioned above. 60 degree if you are hanging the fixture more than 8" off the water, and 80 degree if you are going less than 8" off the water.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well if you read the thread it seems to get sidetracked of answering the question I asked so I want some more direct answers, also I'm getting some completely different answers like you say 30-35 LEDs where I'm also hearing 70-75....that's not even close in answers

·
Toyotaholic
6,700 Posts
So you bump the thread and ask a question to get it back on topic..

It depends largerly on the brand of led's you want to use. You will need fewer Cree LED's (which is what I recommend you use) than you will Bridgelux or other cheaper LED's.

My recommendation is based off of past input on other's threads directly from the owner of rapidled.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any of you familiar with Reef bliss LED lights?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Well if you read the thread it seems to get sidetracked of answering the question I asked so I want some more direct answers, also I'm getting some completely different answers like you say 30-35 LEDs where I'm also hearing 70-75....that's not even close in answers
Whatever you do, please don't follow the advise on 70-75 LEDs. That's insane. :doh:

With DIY LEDs you are going to have a range of options and a lot of it will depend on you just picking a direction and running with it. I would choose a style/design, LEDs and equipment that you are most likely to get help on. Namely, Cree LEDs and mean well drivers. You will probably have the largest selection for help using that equipment.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
O I don't want any DIY LEDs I want a pre existing unit, I have a connection with getting a Reef Bliss unit, the 120w unit but will that be enough for me to keep anything I want?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
O I don't want any DIY LEDs I want a pre existing unit, I have a connection with getting a Reef Bliss unit, the 120w unit but will that be enough for me to keep anything I want?
Oh I'm sorry, should have read everything. :lol:

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
Ok.. your other thread is back on track... closing this one...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.