The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just filled up my 60 gallon fuge....Im going to let it cycle through before I set it free to the tank.....My question is where should I put the lines in???I was thinkin coming from the top of the tank going into the fuge and from the fuge to the sump???? or from the sump to the fuge back to the sump????what is everyone doing on their fuges????also what is a goo sand bed depth???also how many gph should I put though the water 500:?

·
NFMAS
3,516 Posts
either way will work. I would go tank to sump to fuge to sump to tank. With my setup if I went tank to fuge to sump to tank my filter socks will trap any pods and inverts before they could go back to the main tank.
you can go with a remote DSB in the fuge with a 6 + inch dsb or no sand bed at all. I have used both and cannot really tell a difference, but I over do it on waterchanges. Well I guess I really didnt answer your question, Flip a coin :funny:

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks alot we are doing a 6 inch dsb and running the water from tank to fuge to sump and back into the tank.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts