The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)HELLO ALL!!! I am new to this forum but expiernced in reef keeping. I have already posted in tank specs coloum about another topic but I thought this might be a more apropiate place for this post. I have a 6 gallon eclipse that i was using for a quarintine tank but i have recently removed the sock filtration and lighting, cut the hood and added 3 -10watt corallife mini cf's and an old aquaclear filter to it. there is about 2 inches of fiji pink live sand in it and very small pieces of live rock and bag of carbon in the gutted filter.Now what i want to do is a very specific biotype with something that will stand out in such a small tank. The tank has been running for 2 months with nothing in it and I think its about time to make it a small show piece. I am open to ideas and suggestions, there is just not to many like minded people in my city to share ideas with, so i figured this cumunity could help me with the design. I just want the tank to be bio specific and to emulate a speciic part of the world. I am leaning toward doing one type of coral and fish optional with mabey just a shrimp are crab.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i would do a trio of sexies and a small goby and i love zoa gardens so i vote a decent sized rock structure with many kinds of zoas

·
Registered
391 Posts
+1 on the sexies and zoa garden. i was going for a zoa garden in my 5.5g but they all decided to melt away on me :-(

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have just recently replaced the sand with about 12lbs of caribbean live sand and decided to turn this into a caribbean biotype. I appreciate all the sugestions and Iam looking forward to any more sugestions for a Caribbean biotype this small, even though the sexy/zoa garden is still very appealing. On the plus side I do have plenty of Flordia Ricordia on hand from my 12 gallon aqua pod to start the corals in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts