The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 generation pic...

i still have not found the 5 gen pic of asia through my 101 year old great grandpa..

but my aunt and cousin were just over to see him yesterday, and here is the pic they took

this is from youngest to oldest :

baby lilly (youngest member of the family, 1 year)
cousin mellisa, (oldest of the cousins, 2 years my senior)
aunt pat (oldest of the sisters, 55)
grandma (oldest of her brohters and sisters, somewhere in her late 70's)
my great grandpa(lilly's great great grandpa, now 101, and kicking strong after his heart surgery last week!)

i really should try and find the one of me and asia and my mom and grandma and great greandpa... we have one of another cousin and his son up to the top as well.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
27,670 Posts
Jay! Are your pants on fire? You are lyin' about your great grandpa! No way does he look 101!!

A rarity indeed, Jay :D

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep cath, that's the same one i was tlaking about a few weeks ago. stil ldoes his own gardening, and drives himself around town etc...

he had some surgery two weeks ago where they put like a balloon in your heart and pump up a valve or something.. doctors were afraid he'd have a stroke on the table.

not only did he not have a stroke, but they didn't put him under. he was in recovery for only a few hours, and went home the next day.

this pic was taken a few days ago. the woman behind him is my grandmother, and she is in her late 70's

and he STILL has a deathgrip handshake from hell :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Angioplasty

Your grandfather probably had some type of angioplasty, I work for a company that makes the products used in the cath lab.

Its really cool, as opposed to bypass surgery, where your chest cavity is opened, the doc gains entry to the heart through a femoral artery (your leg). A heart attack is a closing of the blood vessels that provide your heart muscle with blood. If these vessels start to close, your heart starts to die. Bypass surgery bypasses the clog, angioplasty uses balloons and stents to open the clog.

He is kept conscious for a very specific reason, as the doc uses the balloon he is closing an artery in the heart and is actually temporarily starting a heart attack, should your grandpa feel any chest pain, they can make a quick decision about what action to take.

Your grandpa really looks good for 101 (he probably wouldn't look quite as good had he had open heart surgery)

·
Registered
16 Posts
thats way cool, i have one of me when i was about 8 mo old, and we will have another in a few months (not that im excited or anything) Right on!!!

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Hey Son! Why ain't I in the generation pic? I feel left out!!;)

Very nice pic there Jay!!;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts