The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......yeah, right.

Well appears to be morning, so HAPPY SUNDAY Y'All....
I really stink that this whole 'sleeping in' thing.....,.,get up earlier on my days off than I do on 'work days'.

Even got coffee enough to legally post in me.....and talking about breakfast, though not cooking yet.

A rainy day supposedly.....showers early turning into heavier latter.
Know not what yet, but sure something will be latter......so till then, PEACE,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,646 Posts
Mornin Hack. I am back at work again this morning. Not even gonna complain about it. My week off was fantastic and felt like two weeks to be honest. I have 181 emails to get through and it is payroll week so I'll sort out that mess later. Hoping to find some cold beverages and football later. The boys have talked me into a fantasy football league. They are both avid fans, I enjoy watching but haven't kept up with the names of players. They are way ahead of me there.

Have a great day all.

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A dreary early Sunday morning.......3rd cup of joe already, and no PLANS even remotely formulate yet.
Thoughts of summer falling astern, and fall heading at us....,.,,saw first signs this week going up for CORN MAZES and HEY RIDES round here.
Can't decide if summer is on my mind or fall. Can't decide if BBQ or sit down dinner is even on my mind.

Hey Rick! Glad to hear your back in the saddle, and thoughts of fun are alive n well. I use to be an avid football fan, but then the world changed and I lost all interest.

I've been meaning to start a thread, have a CHAT, or just mention...the passing for Her royal majesty Queen Elizabeth II, and the accession of Her Son to the throne...... King Charles III. My heart felt condolences for Her passing, and heart felt hopes and prayers for Him.....LONG LIVE THE KING! ("Not in the loop as far as 'royal protocol' goes, so hope I didn't botch THAT too bad.....unintentional if I did.")
Hack

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
9 O'Clock, and no ones schlepping breakfast?

I know where our pots n pans are and Cath ain't afraid to use them.....wait....NO Cath either?
Well......I might be able to figure out how to make noise with them.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
22,752 Posts
Morning everyone,

A full day of steady rain forequessed for today, so far the dart hit the guessin board correctly .
Other than not doing the outside stuff I had planned for today, I’m ok with a good soaking rain, been dry here for a bit.

Now the plan is to put time in da basement,, always stuff to do down there .

Talked to the Doxie rescue rep yesterday, told her foster Rudy is ready to go public for adopting . Need to get my semi usual pic of fosters wearing a bow tie collar . Seems to get attention when a long dawg wears a bowinkie 🤔👍🏼😂🤷🏻‍♂️.

Doing the AM tending to/attention’s the parrots right now, then I can get start to the day’s “work”.

Hope everyone hd a great day 👍🏼

Reactions: cath and hackshobby

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, I stand shamed!
Thanks to Paul for reminding me.....

Today is the 21st anniversary of 9-11........the day WE came under attack, and thousands (2,996) innocent people died.
May WE never forget.
Gesture Poster Font Flag Military person

Hack

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually had no clue what today's date was......

Will never forget 9-11, but there's times I struggle with today's date.....or even day of the week for that matter. We all need a wee nudge on occasion.....PLEASE!

My knee jerk reaction that day was to stop by the Navy recruiter's office on my way home......they humored me politely, but mentioned my age. Our world changed that day........I still look at the sky when I hear a plane or even lack of since we're in a busy flight corridor.
Hack

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WOW.....man do they grow sooooo fast!
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
Never forget 9/11.

Got the replacement spare key fob set up for her CTS Coupe. Her Cadillac has too many useless feature. I had to turn the trunk lock five times in a row to the unlock position due to no door handles then install the key fob into the programming slot. Thirteen bucks and a you tube video was far better then her getting ripped off at the Stealer.

My Altima shifts so much better. At 65k, it was a quart low. I changed the CVT fluid and got it full of new stuff. It shifts like butter now. Did an oil change too. The PO had the filter on so tight it took my big channel locks to get it off.

Time to watch the Browns.

·
Super Moderator
28,492 Posts
Good afternoon, everyone!

Begging your pardon. I should’ve notified everyone that I would be late chiming in today. I was in a rush to get to church. And OK I admit it I should’ve warned you yesterday.

Hack, About your comment about grits and cream of wheat. I agree completely about grits that aren’t intensified with cheese or cheese and an egg on top or cheese with bacon on top or cheese and shrimp on top with andouille sausage ( otherwise known as shrimp and grits.😂) When we were living in Pennsylvania, my mother tried to get us to try grits, and we didn’t care for it. You have to adorn grits someway. And frankly, if you don’t like the gritty texture, no adornment is going to help.😖

9 O'Clock, and no ones schlepping breakfast?

What did all of you do for breakfast today? Surely it wasn’t grits.😂

Rick - you really hit the ground running today! When you have that many emails and leftover stuff that happens while you’re on vacation there’s a lot to do. This afternoon evening sounds like a great time to spend with your boys watching football.

Doug, thanks for sharing those photos of Brady‘s birthday! He sure is a nice looking young man!

Vinnie - yet another birthday in our midst! How old is Cooper now? And what’s happening for his birthday?

Jeff- Glad to hear that Rudy is ready to go public with Photo so that the right human can find him for adoption!❤🥳

Perry - God job on that car repair/maintenance. That saves a lot of money and time.

This morning we had a lot of programs about remembering 9/11. Our church sent out two groups of people to help provide support for the first responders. The mission trip sent out 23 people in late November 2001. The next bus that went up in February of 2002 had 27.

I better post this before I make more mistakes. Ha ha ha

·
Super Moderator
28,492 Posts
Welp, I should’ve checked my work. I did make a big mistake by including other text in a quoted part of a message. 🤪

·
Super Moderator
22,752 Posts
Afternoon all,
Taking a break from basement to pole barn relocating of “stuff” for the auction …. Lots of Blyth’s Christmas stuff in this relocate session. Had to wait for a break in the rain to get the truck to the back yard/door to get the boxes n boxes of stuff up the stairs , in the truck, then offload to the pole barn in the new staging spot for one day getting loaded on the trailer /in the truck to the auction house. Wanna get my ducks in a row before I contact them to ask when to bring it up to them, don’t wanna call and have em say “tomorrow “,,,,,

Sitting down to type this up awakened the “ Sluggo syndrome”😬😩. Made a good deal of progress, never gonna be more than “ok” by my standards, but nowadays the back n bod is on a different mindset than my “useta do” brain.

Still need to take a “adopt me - I’m cute, right?” Pic of current long dawg foster Rudy,, at least I got the legend bow tie collar out… always a wish/effort to get THE best pic for cuteness and think I’ll have a helper with squeaking one of his fav balls to get his attention/alert look going , in one hand and the phone in the udder🤞🏻🤞🏻.

well, this break went from “mebbe I’ll quit” to “I got more in me to continue” .Timing is everything 👍🏼.

And like other terrible/sad/“important “ world events, I was post (3rd) spinal fusion surgery at home, watching tv. Saw the beginning of the 9/11 events broadcasted , not believing/understanding what I was seeing ( like the reporters and the world) ,,, and you know the rest 😰. Was working at the Chevy stealership during a short lay off from the steel mill when the Challenger happened, was grabbing a coffee in the empty waiting room and saw the coverage… of course I let others in the service dept know what had happened 😓. Was in kindergarten for JFK,,, was shortly after I shook hands with Bobby Kennedy when he came thru our town, when he was killed . Was taking my then girlfriend down to Indy before she started college when the radio said Elvis died.
Can’t remember what I had for breakfast , but that stuff sticks with you.

Carry on TRTrs

·
Administrator
49,400 Posts
Long day at work solo mostly, survived it. Was in 7th grade when JFK was shot , worked at a sawmill in Grants Pass when Challenger Happened. Working in medical supply . actually I hade taken vacation, flew out to Tenn, Where I met Fishdaddy, TDWyatt and Cath, got home from that flight into Portland around 9 pm, drove 5 hrs home and was on my way to work tuesday am when I heard a blip on local radio. It wasnt till I got to work and they hade a tv going that I really understood what went down

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I forget that you're a 'transplant' Cath, and not Southern born n bred, but from down the river a piece from here. So at first I was shocked that you sided with me on grits......I am not a 'fussy eater'.....as long as I like it. ;)

Yeah, JFK was the first tragic event of my life, and recall sitting there on the living room floor watching the funeral procession with my Parents. RFK, MLK Jr, I surprisingly don't remember......granted I was very young, but in those days with one TV set in our home, and FAMILY watched it together, I don't recall them. :unsure::(
Elvis, and Bruce Lee I recall being shocked when I heard the news......but Challenger, Columbia, and 911 I can say froze time for me as well as loosing Family members.....it touched the soul.
Hack

·
Administrator
49,400 Posts
Being born in mid 51, I missed WWII by a few years but Dad was in Korea, then in 55 we got to spend 55-58 in Germany. Live in Krausheim and Permasens on Army bases over there. My 3 3 brothers were born there. In Late 57 when Russia launched Sputnik, the whole base went into LOCKDOWN, I mean we hade tanks and howitzers filling up our playground that bordered BIG sugar Beet fields. Quarters were 5 story apt building that had 20-25 apt and 3 level basements. All the dependants hade to shelter in the low basement, all the soldiers were MPd or on High Alert. That was my first clue that the world was a scary place

1 - 20 of 23 Posts