The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......REALLY?

Anyway, good morning and HAPPY WEDNESDAY/HUMP DAY Y'ALL!
Yeah, coffee's up.....as is I. A great night sleep....bed by 9p, BUT up by 4a.

Continued summer time outside, and appears shall be for a while......70 heading to the mid 90's....AGAIN.

Was nothing earth shattering about seeing another 'Fry Daddy' last night......and only issues was ME trying to COPY/PASTE to show Vinnie......I think after my 2-cups this morning I finally posted proof on last night's conversation.

Were/ARE you getting ready Doug for a 'bug out' over there due to the Cal. fires? Saw your stores power went out at quitting time.....did THAT effect you at home as well?

May sanity triumph,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,555 Posts
Mornin Hack. The only nice thing about being up at 4am is that the house is nice and quiet.

Yeah Doug, how is it lookin down there? That fire getting close yet?

·
Super Moderator
28,337 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Rick, and all of TRT!

Hack, thanks for the coffee. I’ll add cereal choices, nanners, peaches, and blueberries. Thomas English muffins with high churche’s unique blueberry marmalade.
Hope you can keep your heart tracker monitor thingy attached today!

Rick, you’re right about the house being quiet at 4 am. I found that to be true today as well.

I suggested on Yesterdays thread that maybe Bennie could change his nickname to Cajun Fry Daddy.

Today I feel a little bit better than yesterday! Grateful for every positive step.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,255 Posts
Good Morning Hack, Rick, Cath and everyone,

Thanks for the coffee. I know we sure have plenty now that Hack is limited to two cups.
Been watching the news in the fires, pretty bad. Hope they get it under control.
You got the real fry daddy here, lol if I was Cajun that would be a great name.
More rain in our forecast today. We are really in the wet season. Watching the weather last night they said south Louisiana get the most rain in the United States. Not the first time I’ve heard that.
Not sure what’s on the agenda today. Going to the antique store. Kristine and I decided to get out of selling antiques and will try to be done with it by end of September.
have a great Hump day,

·
Administrator
49,096 Posts
Good Mornin Everyone, its 70F smoky hazy and headed to 93 or so later. Their is a smaller fire due South of us 25mi as crow flies but a lot of steep mountains between. So far that doesnt seem to be heading our way except all the smoke. Never know so we are ready in case. With basically one road in to town here and the power lines follow it, if I goes out at the store I wont have it at home either. I have a small generator for basic needs but thats it.
Glad you are feeling better Cath, the smoke is killin my sinus but what can you do?
Anyway gotta feed the pup and get ready for Delivery Day , yippee kaya

·
Super Moderator
28,255 Posts
Good afternoon all,

Rain finally stopped and sun is out for now, so it’s going-to be muggy.
I also just read a new law went into affect August 1st for veterans, we can now conceal carry without a permit. Which is a good thing in my opinion. So long as you are 21 and honorable discharge.
we are open carry state, but I don’t want people to know if I’m carrying or not.
with crime what it is these days and getting worst all the time.
Have a good afternoon.

·
Administrator
49,096 Posts
Ow on loss of kitty, esp a kiddoes. Its hard enough losing them as adults :( 96F claimed hoomid is 22 % . skeptical though it may be smoke that makes it seem worse. Hazy but not as bad as i have seen it in pst but not fun none the less. right now we are no mow or weed eat unless on green cultivated lawns, The seasonal weeds are what we call cockleburrs here, small maybe the size of 2 bbs, with short arms that cling. Furg gets them all over, she is short straight hair so they are pretty easy to get out, but does not lick brush or comb or nail clippers. A 50# squirmy pup is hard to deal with alone

·
Super Moderator
28,337 Posts
Vinnie, I’m so sorry to hear about your grandkid’s cat that was hit and killed! that really is a heartbreaker for everyone, but especially for Presley.😭
I’m surprised people are driving through that water! When we have threats of hurricanes or flash flooding we always get warnings not to drive in water. That is some scary stuff in those photos.

·
Super Moderator
22,696 Posts
Evening all,
Sorry about the kitty Vinnie ,,
Hope ya don’t have to bug out Doug, and things/winds change,,, even a super rain to help out.

Grub store mini stop this morning, just a few things needed at the close (er) store. Not one I’d want to , or be able to get “everything”, but close has its merits.
Went north to mom’s to move the branches etc I cut the other day, to the curb for pickup tomorrow, while the pile looked like a lot of effort , it went way better /faster than I thought.

Strong band o storms came thru mid afternoon,,, was intense for a bit . Thankfully the storm was wide and not “thick” , so a good deal of the state got some, but not long lasting.

Evening bird room visit now, was late for today but I think the boids are over it.Food and attention tends to smooth ruffled feathers over , heheh.

Whatever tomorrow has in store for me, will be of my doing/choice. So that may be a good or bad thing 🤔🙄🤷🏻‍♂️.

On to the evening,

Hope everyone had a great one 👍🏼

Reactions: VWD and cath

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
......Some people are just plum 'un-teachable'. 😕

Heart felt condolences Vinnie for a loved pet.......wouldn't want to be the one to tell Presley......:cry:

Another HOT one at the creek.....and this monitor lasted almost 2 whole days in this heat and sweat. One left......think we have to reach out to the idiots...errrr....Dr. and say, 'What's up with the working class model?'.

Fish sticks, mashed potatoes and corn with Hawaiian rolls. AND a nice size bag of COLD candy for desert.

have an incredible urge to hit the sack early tonight.......eyes are loosing the battle of the official 9-O'Clock bed time.

Stiff upper lip,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
28,337 Posts
Jeff - sounds like a good day getting things accomplished. And you deserve a day to do the things that YOU want to do tomorrow!

Hack - if I remember correctly, your heart doctor said you could even call him on his cell. I agree completely. There needs to be a model for the people that do hard manual labor like you do.

Doug, I hope you get a good nights sleep and get to stay in your house.

Nite, nite.

·
Administrator
49,096 Posts
Thanks Cath, in no immediate danger of the fire coming over the mountain, Its not that far in a firect line but there is a mountain range (Siskiyous) between us so there is 150 guessing land miles that are involved due to up and down steep terrain, But given the weather and temp, having a go bag for everyone and both dogs is a good idea. My Grandson lives in town where we would all meet up and shelter in the event it gets bad here

·
Super Moderator
28,255 Posts
Good evening all,

just finished watch the seahorse whisperer episode. Was good. I didn’t go on because the grandkids came over and it was a madhouse.
Presley told me that willow her cats spirit was in heaven. I think that was the reason she came over was to tell me. So Jacob brought them over.

·
Administrator
49,096 Posts
Was interesting on prebiotic. I put a dollop of organic prebiotic in Furgs dogwood. It would be interes/ing to see Dan and Paul B discuss feeding

·
Super Moderator
28,255 Posts
Was interesting on prebiotic. I put a dollop of organic prebiotic in Furgs dogwood. It would be interes/ing to see Dan and Paul B discuss feeding
Yes it was interesting for sure, Dan knows his stuff. I wanted to go on last night , but with the grandkids playing and making noise it would have been hard. But then I got to listen better with my ear plugs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts