The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my tank is a 46 gallon bowfront, 20 gallon sump, with a 10 gallon insump fuge. coral life super skimmer. current usa 2x96 pcs. rainbow life guard quiet one 1200 return pump. i forget what brand heater. but its doing good. all custom plumbing i did myself. about 45 lbs of live rock. 1 1/2" of tahitian moon sand with a light cc mix. in the fuge i have chaeto, and some rock rubble ontop of a 3" sand bed. did i forget anything?????

inhabitants are:
fish:
1 pajama cardinal
1 royal gramma
1 bicolor blenny
1 neon goby
2 ocellaris clown fish

inverts:
2 peppermint shrimp
12 mixed dwarf blue leg/scarlet hermit crabs
5 mixed unidentified snails (margarita, astrea, tubro etc)
30 cerith snails

corals:
5" hammer coral
xenia (lots with small "fingers" that clap, and one large frag with long fingers that doesnt clap)
small frog spawn
small kenya tree
small candy cane
green star polyps large colony
small zoa's green and red
toadstool mushroom
some other leather (unidentified, close to devils hand)
various mushrooms blues and reds and greens scattered around.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PelagicMagic said:
any pics?
yes, im gonna post some as soon as i get home, im doing this from my girlfriends house, today or tommorrow, please check back and leave comments.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here are some pics of what i have so far...

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey thanks, thats exactly what i was going for, everyone always says im dumb for the black sand, thank for appreciating it.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heck tim, ive put up pics all over this site already, haha. and ill be putting more up soon. i was gonna get the 72, but was concerned about the weight, do you have a sump? i was curious what size you can fit under it

·
Registered
12,076 Posts
I do have a sump well it was a wet/dry from proclear. It is 10 gallons. I hate it and didnt know any better when i bought it. But i am currently going to be building a new sump. I would make it longer but i have an external Little Giant pump. But Skeety(Mike) he also has the same size tank as me and he uses a 29gallon tank for his sump. He has internal pumps for his returns.

Tim

·
Registered
828 Posts
Your 46 looks nice
Was playing with my 46 today. Decided to link it up with my 300g. (I was having serious heat issues already and summers not even here)

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tim224DT said:
I do have a sump well it was a wet/dry from proclear. It is 10 gallons. I hate it and didnt know any better when i bought it. But i am currently going to be building a new sump. I would make it longer but i have an external Little Giant pump. But Skeety(Mike) he also has the same size tank as me and he uses a 29gallon tank for his sump. He has internal pumps for his returns.

Tim
you think a 55 would fit under there? i have a 20g long under mine. just barely fit. if you put your skimmer in the middle, shorten your return chamber. you could have a nice refugium on the other side. just put another baffle and some egg crate to hold everything in.

·
NFMAS
3,516 Posts
Tank looks great. I love the black sand.

If you guys are having trouble with sump space have you considered using some flex pvc to have a remote sump location? If you have a room or closet behind the wall your tank is in front of you could drill with a hole saw and run plumbing through it to the remote sump. you could always hide the sump in another tank stand

1 - 12 of 12 Posts