The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my light has 3 400W Mh and 2 72" vho bulbs. Its like this...http://www.championlighting.com/product.php?productid=18457&cat=547&page=1

The right light works but the left won't come on and the center comes on and goes off after a few seconds occassionly. Since this is an older light w/o much reflective properties i've been thinking of the luminar 250's.

Any suggestions on ways for me to determine whether its a wiring issue or the ballast's have quit?

I've got a 135 oceanic reef ready tank. BB with 2 tunzee 6100 and a dart for a closed loop.

Attachments

·
spaceman spiff
11,769 Posts
Have you checked out the wiring yet? Taken anything apart? You could troubleshoot with different bulbs or swapping wiring harnessses with the ballast that works.

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
Personally It sounds to me like a bllast failure on the center light and an unknown failure on the left light. The left light could be several problems... wiring, ballast, bad bulb, corroded socket...eitc.

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,737 Posts
Personally It sounds to me like a bllast failure on the center light and an unknown failure on the left light. The left light could be several problems... wiring, ballast, bad bulb, corroded socket...eitc.
I agree.

We know everything on the far right light works,.. so I would pull stuff off it starting with the bulb and try it in the other 2,.. once you find what single part you need to replace to get the middle one, and left one working properly you will know what's wrong.

Whiskey

1 - 4 of 4 Posts